Flat towing

LisaC

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Jeep Rubicon 392
Does anyone know if you can use a blue ox with a detachable tow bar with the 392 bumper?

Couple options here, see if this works for what you are trying to do

kick around the site as there are some other options and they build good stuff

Currie also makes what seems like a beefy tow bar. It may limit winch plate mounting options if they also want to use the frame horns that the Currie ties into.

Currie Tow Bar

Currie also makes what seems like a beefy tow bar. It may limit winch plate mounting options if they also want to use the frame horns that the Currie ties into.

Currie Tow Bar
Thanks, the maximus 3 stuff will work with the Blue Ox.

I'm currently just finishing up in installing a new Blue Ox base plate Model# BX1139 I haven't put the bumper back on yet, it should fit with no clearance issue's or problems that I can see.

I also installed the Blue Ox baseplate on my 392, works fine.

I went with the Maximus 3 on the 392 because I did not want to loose clearance on the Jeep but still wanted to keep the factory bumper. On the JK I flat tow with a Smitty built XRC2 bumper that is built to be flat towed.

I have it but Have not had time to install it yet. It does require notching the bumper some.

I also installed the Blue Ox baseplate on my 392, works fine.
I assume if you use a tow bar you are towing 4 down. I want to buy a 392, but I have not seen anything saying you can tow flat 4 down behind an RV. Do you have a owner's manual page saying how to set up to tow?

You can tow a Jeep because it has a transfer case shifter that can be put into neutral. The specific steps are in the owners manual, easily found on line.

I Just returned from flat towing my 392 from TX. to Hot Springs Offroad Park in Arkansas, Just put the Transfercase in neutral and the transmission in park, that's it! for most jeep's with an Automatic Transmission that's the procedure, but read your owners manual's to make sure.

I Just returned from flat towing my 392 from TX. to Hot Springs Offroad Park in Arkansas, Just put the Transfercase in neutral and the transmission in park, that's it! for most jeep's with an Automatic Transmission that's the procedure, but read your owners manual's to make sure.
Thanks for the info, did you have to disconnect the neg battery terminal as well to prevent battery drain?

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back