Exhaust Crooked

pjcodner

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2015 Ram 2500
Can anyone give me some tips on how to level the stock exhaust on our 2022 392? It is hanging down on the passenger side. The whole muffler body is hanging crooked. I know it isn't much, but I notice it every time I walk up to the jeep. Do I need to loosen up everything and then readjust it from the back to the front?
IMG_0547.jpg

No one's even looking at the crookedness with that dealer advertising sticker on the back... :ROFLMAO:

Can anyone give me some tips on how to level the stock exhaust on our 2022 392? It is hanging down on the passenger side. The whole muffler body is hanging crooked. I know it isn't much, but I notice it every time I walk up to the jeep. Do I need to loosen up everything and then readjust it from the back to the front?View attachment 18399
I would take it to your dealer and ask them to correct it.

It's normal. One always hangs lower than the other. ;)

I may correct mine when it warms up, or just go for the AWE exhaust which is way tucked up in there to begin with.

Bought mine same place. Picked it up last April hours after delivery. No stickers. Got real lucky. No front plate either.

Attachments

• 329B1F32-0BF7-432B-B194-752852F4D569.jpeg
    329B1F32-0BF7-432B-B194-752852F4D569.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 32E933E2-2CDC-46B5-8DCC-F749AD83D034.jpeg
    32E933E2-2CDC-46B5-8DCC-F749AD83D034.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 164DEACF-E2DE-46ED-B54A-2D370444176A.jpeg
    164DEACF-E2DE-46ED-B54A-2D370444176A.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 26
Can anyone give me some tips on how to level the stock exhaust on our 2022 392? It is hanging down on the passenger side. The whole muffler body is hanging crooked. I know it isn't much, but I notice it every time I walk up to the jeep. Do I need to loosen up everything and then readjust it from the back to the front?View attachment 18399
Search MUFFLER, there's a thread from Sept. 2022 that explains it.

My last post probably didn’t help much. But Papa392 is right on. There is a thread that talks about it with solutions. It involved turning the whole muffler. It was a muffler problem not tips if I remember correctly.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to level the stock exhaust on our 2022 392? It is hanging down on the passenger side. The whole muffler body is hanging crooked. I know it isn't much, but I notice it every time I walk up to the jeep. Do I need to loosen up everything and then readjust it from the back to the
I think most all of them came like that, plenty discussion on this forum. I loosen all the hardware on the muffler and forcibly turned, yanked, shook…got them mostly straight. Borla finished the job for me tho

I fought with mine a bit never got it completely straight but better by loosening all the clamps and used a jack to more or less force the muffler up. Then tried to adjust the tips to help a bit more. All that and it was slightly less noticeable. Ultimately AWE fixed the issue, gained a bit of ground clearance at the same time. Good luck with your efforts.

There are two solid fixes.
1. cut/grind the tips.
2. replace with aftermarket.

I think everyone’s stock exhaust was crooked to some degree.

3. kick that dealer in the nuts for putting a sticker on your rig. If they’re not paying you to advertise, they don’t get to use your rig for a billboard.

Use a strap or big hose clamp to cinch up that Pass side. Also, spray paint (high heat type) the whole muffler/pipes and it sort of hides the whole mess. Every one I’ve seen seems to have the issue.

There are other threads on this topic, the easiest fix, buy a can of black high temp spray paint and spray it, looks great, don't even notice the lean on the passenger side, did mine last year, may touch it up when it gets warmer.

There are two solid fixes.
1. cut/grind the tips.
2. replace with aftermarket.

I think everyone’s stock exhaust was crooked to some degree.

3. kick that dealer in the nuts for putting a sticker on your rig. If they’re not paying you to advertise, they don’t get to use your rig for a billboard.
That sticker is coming off as soon as it warms up. None of our vehicles have dealer stickers. I would have asked them to remove the stickers at the dealership when we bought it but we got out of there right at closing time.

Back