Doors off mirrors

Pictures of them from someone who bought them and put them on in this thread:

Seems to indicate the bracket is a separate piece that comes with the light mounting kit, but I'm still kind of interested in these lol
 
How about something like this?
 

Attachments

  • 13B99024-C391-4AB1-8B2E-E46A8F4797F5.webp
    13B99024-C391-4AB1-8B2E-E46A8F4797F5.webp
    193.7 KB · Views: 259
  • A95CCDA1-F931-426D-9EF8-E285BC1FA1FB.webp
    A95CCDA1-F931-426D-9EF8-E285BC1FA1FB.webp
    107.1 KB · Views: 251
  • B866A146-F28B-46F2-8640-609AD86DA038.webp
    B866A146-F28B-46F2-8640-609AD86DA038.webp
    102.4 KB · Views: 251
For those of us who don’t have half doors…I couldn’t order in fire cracker red btw, the doors off mirrors options kinda suck for the JL. I ordered some from CMM ( Carolina metal Masters), I’m liking them, absolutely no vibration or shaking. Plenty options with the ball joints for GoPro or other cameras. I used CMM ball joint also for my phone mount. Good, well built products made in America. It does take a little getting used to looking in different spots to see the mirrors but otherwise a solid product. The mounts stay put on your grab handles and look very OEM in the Jeep. 5 minute install.
I assume you can slide the mirrors inward when you put the doors back on, since the mount stays put? Or do the rods unscrew to remove the mirrors completely?
Sweet lookin 392, I Love the color!!! :cool:
 
I assume you can slide the mirrors inward when you put the doors back on, since the mount stays put? Or do the rods unscrew to remove the mirrors completely?
Sweet lookin 392, I Love the color!!! :cool:
They very easily unscrew from the inside of the mount. The mounts stay put and blend into the Jeeps interior. I bought CMMs mirror sack.
 
Is that really a metal plate bolted over the airbag?
My understanding is that the airbag is behind the panel (marked airbag) below the one the data plate is mounted to and just behind the grab bar. The photos in the post are of a Jeep Concept vehicle on display at a DAMM Cars and Coffee event in Auburn Hills, MI. The point of the photos was to show an alternate mirror location when doors are off as this particular concept vehicle has no capability to put doors on it. It just so happens that the data plate pictured has some ironies illustrated/etched on it like "Built in Detroitish".
 
My understanding is that the airbag is behind the panel (marked airbag) below the one the data plate is mounted to and just behind the grab bar. The photos in the post are of a Jeep Concept vehicle on display at a DAMM Cars and Coffee event in Auburn Hills, MI. The point of the photos was to show an alternate mirror location when doors are off as this particular concept vehicle has no capability to put doors on it. It just so happens that the data plate pictured has some ironies illustrated/etched on it like "Built in Detroitish".
Cool good to know. Airbag does split that panel right across the middle when it deploys fyi.
 

Attachments

  • EDECF248-7505-4A44-AD5F-DF11D5954F51.webp
    EDECF248-7505-4A44-AD5F-DF11D5954F51.webp
    115.5 KB · Views: 98
Cool good to know. Airbag does split that panel right across the middle when it deploys fyi.
Thanks for the pic of the deployed airbags. I guess the folk in Detroit that built the concept opted for the air-bag delete or else they know something we don't.
 
Airbag delete haha!
Take a look at the center part of the dash/console in the first photo where the creature comfort controls usually are. The only things there are the Off Road and Aux switches. Looks like all climate control, Uconnect/everything else delete as well. ;)
 

Attachments

  • 13B99024-C391-4AB1-8B2E-E46A8F4797F5.webp
    13B99024-C391-4AB1-8B2E-E46A8F4797F5.webp
    194 KB · Views: 109
  • A95CCDA1-F931-426D-9EF8-E285BC1FA1FB.webp
    A95CCDA1-F931-426D-9EF8-E285BC1FA1FB.webp
    107.1 KB · Views: 104
  • B866A146-F28B-46F2-8640-609AD86DA038.webp
    B866A146-F28B-46F2-8640-609AD86DA038.webp
    102.4 KB · Views: 111

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top