Best price I've found for MOAB is currently $9k off MSRP

Well…After I sold my 2024 392…I might be coming back..lol. However not 1 single Jeep dealer around the greater Tampa area will discount a 392…

Also looking at Bronco Raptors and those are discounted.
For $9000 off my ass would be on a plane and driving the Jeep back. I live in S Florida and bought a Grand Cherokee from Koons probably 8 years back. Flew into DC, Uber to dealership, and drove it home. Few months ago I flew to Ohio to pick up a Tesla and drove it, or it drove me, the 1000+ miles home.
 
I am now getting $8,700 off a white Moab 392 from local dealer right up the street from me for in stock 392's. Floor mats is the only option which is fine with me as I do not want to SOT top or the low end winch.

Thoughts?

Looked at a left over Bronco Raptor, drove it and liked it a lot and Ford discounted it down to around the same price as the Jeep 392. I like the seat position and interior more on the Bronco Raptor and it takes 87 Octane too where the 392 has to have 91-93....93 here in Florida. However the 8'6" Raptor width means it only goes in my 2 car garage, won't fit in single car garage and I wonder how much that wide Bronco Raptor will be a PITA issue driving around town. Test drove it seemed fine..... no rock crawling for me just Florida trails and possibly easy trails in N. Georgia E. Tennessee 1 a year or so.... HARD DECISION. ;-)

My logic was this is purely a fun car, measured in smiles per hour/gallon. If my criteria is only fun, that means the jeep 392 is the clear winner not even close, go test drive them back to back and floor it in each. Now I do agree with the Raptor width being a negative but it does have lane keep assist. However I would rather have something a bit narrower and easier to maneuver, but others may prefer bigger. I also somewhat think the Ford may be more reliable but hopefully thats not true.
 
My logic was this is purely a fun car, measured in smiles per hour/gallon. If my criteria is only fun, that means the jeep 392 is the clear winner not even close, go test drive them back to back and floor it in each. Now I do agree with the Raptor width being a negative but it does have lane keep assist. However I would rather have something a bit narrower and easier to maneuver, but others may prefer bigger. I also somewhat think the Ford may be more reliable but hopefully thats not true.

Seeing one parked today really brought it back to the front of my mind—it’s hard to ignore just how absurdly wide that track looks.
I’m aware the actual wheel "poke" isn't any more aggressive than a 392, but that’s only because of those theatrical fender flares. If that added width provides a genuine performance edge in some circumstances, then you certainly can't accuse the designers of choosing "form over function"—after all, they went to extreme lengths just to keep those tires covered - the flares themselves still look like a hastily designed afterthought.
 
Seeing one parked today really brought it back to the front of my mind—it’s hard to ignore just how absurdly wide that track looks.
I’m aware the actual wheel "poke" isn't any more aggressive than a 392, but that’s only because of those theatrical fender flares. If that added width provides a genuine performance edge in some circumstances, then you certainly can't accuse the designers of choosing "form over function"—after all, they went to extreme lengths just to keep those tires covered - the flares themselves still look like a hastily designed afterthought.
The Bronco Raptor flares in person are nuce wheels are flush maybe ecer so slight poke, they are solid fender flairs for sure more solid than Jeep Moab.
 
If the raptor was the stock bronco width, I would have considered one. One of the things I love about the Jeep is how easy it is to park anywhere.
 
First post, but I’m considering ordering myself. Will you tell us what you paid all in for this beauty?
 
Brian is no doubt the old standby!!!! No games right price all the time! My buddy just got his Moab in 4 weeks. Loaded 9000 off! Working on a a Rubi for my daughter also!
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back
Top