Best mesh sun screen for sun

Narbeh392

Reaction score
What’s the best mesh sun shade for JL 4 door. Took my top off the 392. Looking for a mesh sun shade I can install for sunny days. Please let me know what you are using. Thanks.

I second the hotheads… It works great

I have one from JTops and love it. No bungies. 100% coverage. Mine is their “dense titanium” color, which blocks the most sun.

I have tried just about all of them. I am currently running the jtops. I like that there are no bungees. At some point the bungees lose their elasticity. I will say that I liked the jtops on my jk better than the jl. Not that I do not like it mind you. The only drawback is that you have to fold the front back (less than a foot) if you want to put the soft top back on. The plus is that there is nothing to connect requiring you to drop the windshield. I went with the jtops that has the access holes for the freedom panels. I would not go that route again - don't think it's necessary. Anyway - lots of rambling. I like the jtops. Hope this helps.

Forgot to add - I run the dirty dog roll bar covers. Jtops with straps and buckles allows for easy fit and adjustment. Bungess get pretty tight with the covers on.
Chris

Last edited:
Totally forgot my jeep came with the mopar sunshade. Installed it and it’s great.

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpeg
    IMG_0820.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I wanted to run the Jtops but NOT compatible with sky one touch top...I installed the Hotheads headliner and purchased their sunshade at the same time and used once...works great, no complaints but one of our dogs loves sticking her head out of the top so removed it.

i just spoke with Jtops and the screen for the 2024 should be available by the end of this week. It will have a new part #

What’s the best mesh sun shade for JL 4 door. Took my top off the 392. Looking for a mesh sun shade I can install for sunny days. Please let me know what you are using. Thanks.
I have the 2 piece Spider Web Shade on my 22 JLUXR 3.6l. Plan on purchasing same for the 24 392.
Think I scooped them from Amazon.

i just spoke with Jtops and the screen for the 2024 should be available by the end of this week. It will have a new part #
Well now I'm worried... I have a jtops on the way for my 2024. Their website doesn't say anything about it not fitting the 2024 as far as I can tell. Everything just says 2018-present. I guess I'll have to return it?

Well now I'm worried... I have a jtops on the way for my 2024. Their website doesn't say anything about it not fitting the 2024 as far as I can tell. Everything just says 2018-present. I guess I'll have to return it?
i sent them a email and at least thats what they told me.....That was last week they said it would be a new part number and that they were working on a install video...

Spiderweb shade. Hands down. Super clean install. No bungees balls, no straps- as you can see from Grampy's pics. Family owned, made in Florida. I have mine installed under my Besttop Sunrider and top. Leave it on year round.
Their photos don't do a great job- watch the video in the lower corner.
I used to run my 2012 JK with the top down for months at a time here in sunny California. The UV on the Spidey 100% works. I tried Alien once and switched back. Most everyone that I wheeled with used Spidey- sometimes the oldies are still the goodies.

I also have the SpiderWebShade 2 piece, I put it on the day I took delivery in May 2021. My third shade from them.

Hotheads Sky One Touch shade is fantastic. No gaps and no bungees in the front.. side bungees attach differently than other brands. I do have a blue one leftover from my 21 for sale if anyone is interested. (forgot I had it)

I can confirm that the JTops screen does not work on the 2024 models. When I placed my order they were advertising it as 2018-present but they are now updating the website to show 2018-2023.

I tried installing it before I realized the problem. The front bar is a bit too long, the front lip doesn't fit under the windshield channel correctly, and apparently the way the rear straps work interferes with the new rear side curtain airbags. So... wait for the update and don't waste your time like I did. Sucks because quality-wise it looks great and I love how they made the front work without having to loosen your windshield.

Back