ABS lines

Maxx

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
‘21 392 AEV JL370
I noticed what I believe are the ABS lines on my front axle resting right between the springs and the top of the axle. There’s a small clip on the ABS line but no obvious spot to attach it to. I just zip tied them to the brake line so they won’t possibly get pinched between the spring.

Is this normal? Is the clip supposed to be attached somewhere that I am just not seeing?

IMG_3968.jpeg
IMG_3969.jpeg

Off topic but it looks like you have a blown shock F&F
Are you talking about the oil by the shock lower end? Probably B'Laster Surface Shield overspray. How can I tell a blown shock?

Thanks for posting. Looks like it’s just that the C-gussets I had welded on pushed the ABS lines closer to the springs. Zip ties should do the trick.
I think you are fine, just check back every once a while.

Did you weld the extra piece on steering knuckle for more strength? Does look beefier than my stock.

Yes. It was part of the Artec front axle armor kit.IMG_0729.jpeg

Are you talking about the oil by the shock lower end? Probably B'Laster Surface Shield overspray. How can I tell a blown shock?
Oh sorry jumped to a conclusion
Wipe it down see if oil comes back or unbolt the bottom and then push it back up it should have a good bit of resistance. But like you said it’s probably your surface shield

I noticed what I believe are the ABS lines on my front axle resting right between the springs and the top of the axle. There’s a small clip on the ABS line but no obvious spot to attach it to. I just zip tied them to the brake line so they won’t possibly get pinched between the spring.

Is this normal? Is the clip supposed to be attached somewhere that I am just not seeing?

View attachment 34851View attachment 34852
Yep you have a plate welded over the small hole that a metal pin goes into to secure abs lines
IMG_3433.jpeg
IMG_3431.jpeg
IMG_3434.jpeg
IMG_3436.jpeg

Back