392 gold peel on engine

The Judge

Reaction score
Current Rides
Im shopping for a 392. I miss my old one but not interested in laying down 100k. Does the paint peel mean the engine was used more aggressively? thanks

Im shopping for a 392. I miss my old one but not interested in laying down 100k. Does the paint peel mean the engine was used more aggressively? thanks
I don't necessarily think so, but it's a clue to look elsewhere in and around and under the rig. Everything combined would tell me whether it was abused or not.

Are we talking about the bronze lettering on the engine covers?
I remember seeing some mention of peeling on the engine covers, if that’s the case I wouldn’t rely on that being an indication of abuse but like any used vehicle I would spend a fair amount of time looking it over.

I just picked up a 2022 392- black - the one side of the gold strip on the engine is messed up. It is perfect otherwise, I purchased it sight unseen. It was garage kept, it came with ceramic window tint, rockslider power steps, hood lifts, top roof racks - Jeep brand, a few more extras, the paint is perfect, never been through car wash, the paint is so perfect, no swirls, better than if you took home a new black Jeep from the dealer. Miles 8K. Not even the entry area kick panels had any scratches or scuffs. I paid under 68K. I had/have plans to install a long arm kit and use it offroad. But the paint is SO perfect. I have a JL Rubi -skytop 37" 3.5 RK but I'm not to crazy about the color, its white and red cany wheels. But the white paint is So easy to maintain.

Are we talking about the bronze lettering on the engine covers?
I remember seeing some mention of peeling on the engine covers, if that’s the case I wouldn’t rely on that being an indication of abuse but like any used vehicle I would spend a fair amount of time looking it over.
yes. I read some have issues with it. Pics from the used car market show about 50/50. Some with a little, others with an entire side and some with no peel.

Mine has not peeled. Just looks like rubbing on hydroguide on passenger side perhaps? Not sure. Doesn’t bother me in the least. Not a show jeep.

My Bronze 392 emblem on the motor is peeled on the passenger side.

Mine is peeling and has not had any abuse.

Both mine and my husband's peeled. It had nothing to do with how they are driven but our local Jeep dealership replaced them under warranty. They aren't show Jeeps but that shouldn't be rubbed off of a new Jeep. His was brand new, mine had 7k on it. If they rub off under our ownership, so be it. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Back