35 or 37 KM3s on stock Non XR

Per above I'd strongly suggest sticking to 35s. Your transmission and gear ratio of 3.73s is not enough for 37s. Yes, the extra HP helps on the 392- but why pay $75K plus for a fast Jeep only to slow it down? And it will.
You've had 35s .You know those will get you anywhere you need to be. Bigger isn't always better.

Thanks.
I’m a classic kind of guy so Black all the way. I have an 05 LJ in the old school Navy which is one of the best Jeep colors, in my humble opinion.
I'm with you, Patriot Blue is the best color on a TJ. I have a green one thats ganna be changed to blue real soon.

Last edited:
I’ve been considering going up to 37” when the time comes to replace my current 35”. I like the look (main motivation) but also don’t like any performance sacrifice. Especially that I’ll need a Tazer to adjust the Speedo.

I’m still on the fence and I have plenty time to decide.

I already have a Tazer and Paddle Commander. IMO the PC is not worth the money with stock tires!
I Thought about regearing, but at the same time I want to keep the warrantee.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide between 35 or 37 KM3s on my stock Non XR 392. There is no rock crawling where I live, Sand dunes is pretty much the only type of wheeling that I'll be doing occasionally once or twice a year. I've run 35s in my previous Jeeps, never 37s.
from what I've seen, 37s are aesthetically more pleasing on 392. However, I'm a bit concerned about performance and power loss.

If anybody is running 37s on stock non XR please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

View attachment 18529View attachment 18530View attachment 18531
No rocks? 35s max

Just picked up our 392 Monday. its truly amazing. i already have the
37's and will be going on soon. the 392 XR has the 456 gears so there will be very little performance loss. and i have the AVE modular to adjust for tires. i think there are 2 types of people, one who wants to fly around all the time and the 4 wheeler that wants that extra grunt. someone said why pay 75k to slow it down, if you want to go fast by a Hellcat. why buy a brick on wheels to go fast. the Wrangler 392 in my eyes is truly a great 4x4
with a little more kick. just my opinion.

So with 1200 miles and it finally almost done, we went to Moab to break it in.
have to say we cant wait to go back. the Evo suspension worked well, rear
needs to be adjusted, kept hitting the bump stop. the front was perfect, never has to
use the Winch. the Falken Wildpeak RT's were amazing. for the drive there and back
and worked fantastic everywhere. have a few pictures. did have 1 issue. so going up
Golden Spike just a very slow run. 12 of us and just non stop rocks and shelves. Power
Steering sensor went off saying the Power Steering was over heating. i guess this is a
common problem. let it cool done and worked fine until Poison Spider and it happened
again. so it looks like i will be adding a Power steering cooler soon. that was the only issue.
the 392 was a beast and took just a few minuets to get uses to the power when you
needed to be a little easy. and yes i was a bit short on the Top of the World as i am
not good with heights.

Attachments

• jeep moab 3.jpg
    jeep moab 3.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 40
  • jeep moab 7.jpg
    jeep moab 7.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 38
  • jeep moab 2.jpg
    jeep moab 2.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 38
  • jeep moab 4.jpg