aFe Headers

ramos1214

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Ford Bronco Badland, 2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
I installed the aFe Header with ceramic coating and I can see a difference in the temperature by the inner fenders. The power is minimum but after driving the Jeep for a while I noticed a little difference on the sound.
8CF1C3AA-18C9-413F-B1D9-F8C7189867D5.jpeg
A2496740-72BE-4820-9127-A0DDD96CECB3.jpeg
D82D261A-5C57-447B-A132-5D95E656702B.jpeg

By any chance did you have the notorious 6.4 squeaking on startup until it warms up? If so did it go away with the headers?

Also, did you see a temp decrease or increase? Assuming you weren’t able to use the stock heat shields?

How did you measure the temp?
How long was the install?

I would say your looking at full penetration welds on the tube to tube welds that are done very hot. You can see where the weld actually sank in in places.. the others I would assume used a lot of filler metals, I imagine the headers are stainless steel..
it would be interesting to see what they look like on the inside where your going to want smooth surfaces..
Those welds don’t look like their pics online…

Attachments

• 018CDF45-8A67-49B0-8E02-66C2E26DDFCE.jpeg
    018CDF45-8A67-49B0-8E02-66C2E26DDFCE.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 91
  • 77A6591B-B34E-46DC-AA7D-2E775A5881D4.jpeg
    77A6591B-B34E-46DC-AA7D-2E775A5881D4.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 93
Again full pen welds I would guess these were man made using turn table where the production headers were probably robotic.
look how good these look around the oxygen sensor bung vs the production parts..
I would imagine if you went to the afe booth at SEMA you’ll be looking at the pretty ones..
I see the AFE badge is tacked on differently as well.
kind of janky production.

Again full pen welds I would guess these were man made using turn table where the production headers were probably robotic.
look how good these look around the oxygen sensor bung vs the production parts..
I would imagine if you went to the afe booth at SEMA you’ll be looking at the pretty ones..
Also, I noticed the ceramic coating on the inside was not copper.

Also, I noticed the ceramic coating on the inside was not copper.
Curious.
You mentioned you’re an S&B distributor or dealer. Are you a dealer for AFE as well?
I‘d give them feedback. It’s the only way manufacturers improve. They have to know. They’re pulling eh McDonald’s menu bait & switch picture

As for those welds. I’d hate to spend that much $ and time, for a weld to crack. It just doesn’t look good or solid.

I still want them though. 🤣

Curious.
You mentioned you’re an S&B distributor or dealer. Are you a dealer for AFE as well?
I‘d give them feedback. It’s the only way manufacturers improve. They have to know. They’re pulling eh McDonald’s menu bait & switch picture

As for those welds. I’d hate to spend that much $ and time, for a weld to crack. It just doesn’t look good or solid.

I still want them though. 🤣
I am also a dealer for them. I did send them an email letting them know that I was really disappointed at the craftsmanship.

I am also a dealer for them. I did send them an email letting them know that I was really disappointed at the craftsmanship.
Did they ever respond?

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back