Xtreme Recon Package

Hollywood

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Rubicon 392 XR
I just purchased a 2022 Rubicon 392. I was under the impression it had the XR package, but now I question that. The tailgate ID tag indicates 35" tires. It has fox shocks front and rear. It had 35s on it. It doesn't have the beefed up tire carrier, tail light extensions, wheel flares, nor does it list it on my downloaded window sticker or build sheet. I wanted to decode the axles to see if there were 4:56s in it, but am having trouble finding that information on the net. It was built in December of 21 according to my research. Did they make XRs different at first and adapt them into added items? Any info on this is appreciated.

Resize tailgate.jpg

Does not appear you have the extreme recon package. There was a brief period at the beginning of this XR offering last year when the info plate you pictured here was mistakenly put on Jeeps that did have the extreme recon package. But if you don't have the fender flares, beefed up tire carrier, etc... I doubt you have the XR package I'm afraid. If you ordered this one as a custom build vs just buying it off the lot, sounds like your salesman made a big mistake.

How can I verify the gear ratio? I can't seem to find that info.

I just purchased a 2022 Rubicon 392. I was under the impression it had the XR package, but now I question that. The tailgate ID tag indicates 35" tires. It has fox shocks front and rear. It had 35s on it. It doesn't have the beefed up tire carrier, tail light extensions, wheel flares, nor does it list it on my downloaded window sticker or build sheet. I wanted to decode the axles to see if there were 4:56s in it, but am having trouble finding that information on the net. It was built in December of 21 according to my research. Did they make XRs different at first and adapt them into added items? Any info on this is appreciated.

View attachment 6257
Same tailgate I.D. tag I have on my non-XR 392 I ordered in April and received in July. I have 33" tires on mine.

What a drag. I notice this tag flying around on the internet too. They must have used both at different points.

regular 392 tag.jpg

View attachment 6257
No recon package, no 4:56 gears, sorry. I ordered and took delivery before the recon extreme was a thing…had already regeared to 4:56. The mopar “beefed up” tire carrier that I ordered has already been switched to a Teraflex tailgate hinge reinforcement because my tailgate was sagging with my 37” Nitto on a 20inch rim. Not all doom and gloom. You still have one of the coolest rides in the country.

What a drag. I notice this tag flying around on the internet too. They must have used both at different points.
You lucked out, non-XR is the best version of the 392 and you got 35" tires, the only good part about the XR.

I wonder how the dealer will treat me on my 2022 if I just order a 2023 XR.......:unsure:

You lucked out, non-XR is the best version of the 392 and you got 35" tires, the only good part about the XR.
I ordered mine with XR. Can you explain why I didn't get the best version? Was it because I will have 4.56 gears which better suit 35-37 inch tires and a tire carrier that won't fail with heavier tires? Or was it because those gears will be covered under factory warranty? I still have time to change my order so please enlighten me? I will be keeping it completely stock so the mods angle doesn't factor into it for me.

I wonder how the dealer will treat me on my 2022 if I just order a 2023 XR.......:unsure:
Should get about what you payed or alittle more for it on trade.Depending on miles on it.I got About 2k more had 5k on it

I ordered mine with XR. Can you explain why I didn't get the best version? Was it because I will have 4.56 gears which better suit 35-37 inch tires and a tire carrier that won't fail with heavier tires? Or was it because those gears will be covered under factory warranty? I still have time to change my order so please enlighten me? I will be keeping it completely stock so the mods angle doesn't factor into it for me.
You’ll love it with the 4.56 gears.I had both already and won’t take a non xr for cheap.The 3.73 gears and 35s is a dog.Been there done that already

Should get about what you payed or alittle more for it on trade.Depending on miles on it.I got About 2k more had 5k on it
I should check into it. Fuel wheels, new Nitto 35s, and amp research steps with under 9k, I may actually end up with an XR before they stop making them, this could work out after all!

I should check into it. Fuel wheels, new Nitto 35s, and amp research steps with under 9k, I may actually end up with an XR before they stop making them, this could work out after all!
That’s what I did traded on a 22xr and ordered a 23xr.I glad I went xr.Like everyone said they handle better then a regular 392 too

I’m not sure a non XR is better or worse. I think it’s preference.
Personally, I didn’t want to drop the $4k on wheels or hinge I didn’t want, I don’t like the fender flares (I think they’re hideous, but other love them) and gear swaps are easy to do.
35’s with the 3.73 gears are far from being a dog. It’s still far better than my last Rubi, a 2012 with 4.10, 3.6L and 35’s. Even with living in Colorado, that se t up wasn’t terrible and could still maintain 75mph with relative ease all across the state. Absolutely zero issues off road, anywhere in the west.

In the beginning and end, it’s your money, get what you want.

Recently, I’m thinking of buying a 2nd unit, just to keep and see how much it appreciates. Or depreciates? 🤣
Even if I get a 2nd unit, still won’t be an XR. Its just a matter of preference. There is a belief by some that an XR will be worth more. Nobody truly knows, time and the market will determine that in the end.

Back