Xtreme Recon package discontinued for 2022?

I ordered my 392 to January 6, 2022 In stingray fully loaded with XR pack. I’m getting excited for my vehicle to arrive so for fun went back to jeep.com and built my car. Discovered that you can’t add XR pack anymore…. So I did some digging fell down a rabbit hole and discovered it looks to be discontinued from orders here on out. Well that sucks! Glad I jumped on it when I did!

10k over, what a bunch of mercenary ***censored***. I wouldn't ever deal with a dealership like that.
The dealer where I ordered mine had a XR ordered just days before the 2022 cut off of XR, mine was ordered two days after the cut off. Both Jeeps showed up on the same truck and the owner of the XR backed out of his order so the dealer slapped $15k on top of the sticker price and it was sold 2 weeks later but I have no clue where it went. I got mine for sticker price. So far they were and still are the only two 392s sold in my area.
some people just have the cash to pay mark up and or don’t care.

10k over, what a bunch of mercenary ***censored***. I wouldn't ever deal with a dealership like that.
Yeah, seems wrong, but I had to gain a new perspective on this. Even dealerships around me, that have historically been very good to deal with and have always provided super discounts on vehicles in the past, are now holding these 392s for these absurd prices. Some are even charging no lower than MSRP for customer orders! I believe these actions are mainly a product of shortages and unfavorable market conditions, and these dealerships are trying to make money where they can to stay in business and try to keep employees. Even the salespeople that I've had great relationships in the past are just shrugging their shoulders as they are being forced to participate in these markups.

When I ordered my 392 XR in June 2023, it seemed that only some of the high volume dealers throughout the country had the flexibility to provide customers with the traditional discounts we have all been accustomed to. I personally could not get a single dealership here locally in Houston to order one for me under MSRP. I finally took some forum member's suggestion to try Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA. I was pleasantly surprised when they offered me ~7% under MSRP price! They are also close enough to me that I can pick it up myself, so there won't be any shipping charges. The only bad part about the experience is the waiting 😂

I live in the mid-Atlantic so luckily I have options for the high volume dealers. I was screwed over by a local Ford dealer. My local jeep dealer (while I love their service department) basically lied to me about availability of 392s to get me to pay more.

So I have no problems with going to high volume dealers for any make anymore. My local guys screwed me over one too many times despite me giving multiple attempts to give them the benefit of the doubt. So screw 'em.

Yeah, seems wrong, but I had to gain a new perspective on this. Even dealerships around me, that have historically been very good to deal with and have always provided super discounts on vehicles in the past, are now holding these 392s for these absurd prices. Some are even charging no lower than MSRP for customer orders! I believe these actions are mainly a product of shortages and unfavorable market conditions, and these dealerships are trying to make money where they can to stay in business and try to keep employees. Even the salespeople that I've had great relationships in the past are just shrugging their shoulders as they are being forced to participate in these markups.

When I ordered my 392 XR in June 2023, it seemed that only some of the high volume dealers throughout the country had the flexibility to provide customers with the traditional discounts we have all been accustomed to. I personally could not get a single dealership here locally in Houston to order one for me under MSRP. I finally took some forum member's suggestion to try Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA. I was pleasantly surprised when they offered me ~7% under MSRP price! They are also close enough to me that I can pick it up myself, so there won't be any shipping charges. The only bad part about the experience is the waiting 😂
+1 on no dealers in H-Town willing to work with anyone on prices. We ended up ordering from Nyle Maxwell in Austin and got a great deal. They are no longer doing deals at Maxwell.

Word on the street is FY23 XR is no longer available on the 392 as of today. Now the next big question comes along, will there be a 2024 392? Or did those who waited and wanted a 392 with the XR package miss their opportunity.

I currently have a 2022 xr and a 2023 blue one on order. It’s also an xr. The only thing I was told not available is the gorilla glass option, but may be by the time it is built. Also paid well below sticker for the 2022 which I got about 2 months ago and the same with the one on order. JFI
B5365A79-E8DA-4791-99ED-2F663AF3BC2E.jpeg

I currently have a 2022 xr and a 2023 blue one on order. It’s also an xr. The only thing I was told not available is the gorilla glass option, but may be by the time it is built. Also paid well below sticker for the 2022 which I got about 2 months ago and the same with the one on order. JFIView attachment 6894
On new orders, not existing. Your XR looks good though!

I currently have a 2022 xr and a 2023 blue one on order. It’s also an xr. The only thing I was told not available is the gorilla glass option, but may be by the time it is built. Also paid well below sticker for the 2022 which I got about 2 months ago and the same with the one on order. JFIView attachment 6894
Good looking Wrangler! Is that the Shark Gray? Kind hard to tell if it's Gray or White with the sun setting (y)

In 22 when they stopped XR it is was still on the website. I believe they leave it there as you can still find them on dealer lots that way even if you technically can’t order it that way.

When I ordered mine on March 10th of 22 the XR had been removed for a few days, I remember seeing it as an option for at least a month after and was always curious why they had not removed it from the site. The reasoning behind the way they fill out factory orders and change options for orders coincides with the website management. I think Jeep just likes to keep people confused 🤪

Good looking Wrangler! Is that the Shark Gray? Kind hard to tell if it's Gray or White with the sun setting (y)
Ty, it’s the gray.

At this point I’m so glad I picked up the 22 XR when I had the chance.. so your saying I can blame Jeep for my confusion as I’ve been around Jeep’s now for 66 years....
Well I guess that would depend, have you been confused for 66 years or just since Jeep has been letting people configure a build, track a build and list the available options online?

It will be back for '23. No way the top of the line model won't have the XR package when all the other models get it. I think they are retooling to offer an upgraded XR package for '23. Probably moving to 37s and some other bits.
Dealer just informed me no XR for 23 model year......for whatever thats worth...9/12/22

Dealer just informed me no XR for 23 model year......for whatever thats worth...9/12/22
Do you mean no more XR orders for 23 model year? 23 XR models are being shipped as we speak.

XR Package is sold out.
Totally just speculation, but given how early they cut the XR off for MY23, I wonder if they are gearing up for a late limited edition 20th anniversary edition, resembling the ‘last call’ dodges, as a farewell to the 392 in the Jeep. And then switch over to the I6 HO engine next year for 2024. That would be pretty cool, and highly sought after. I’m sure would be a very limited production run.

That would be cool, but I would also not be surprised if they have some sort of quota for 392's set for the year and they've gotten there already.

Someone somewhere noted that their dealer ordered predominantly XR 392s this MY compared to 21 and 22. Maybe that was a trend across the board.

Last edited:
Totally just speculation, but given how early they cut the XR off for MY23, I wonder if they are gearing up for a late limited edition 20th anniversary edition, resembling the ‘last call’ dodges, as a farewell to the 392 in the Jeep. And then switch over to the I6 HO engine next year for 2024. That would be pretty cool, and highly sought after. I’m sure would be a very limited production run.
1663011133535.png

That would be cool, but I would also not be surprised if they have some sort of quota for 392's set for the year and they've gotten there already.

Someone somewhere noted that their dealer ordered predominantly XR 392s this MY compared to 21 and 22. Maybe that was a trend across the board.
The only trend I see is more people want XR's than not (2021 numbers are skewed because the XR package came out so late). The dealer(s) probably ordered more XRs knowing Jeep stopped ordering of the package 2-1/2 months early on the 2022 models and didn't want to take any chances on it happening again on 2023's, which it did.

Back