Xtreme Recon package discontinued for 2022?

I ordered my 392 to January 6, 2022 In stingray fully loaded with XR pack. I’m getting excited for my vehicle to arrive so for fun went back to jeep.com and built my car. Discovered that you can’t add XR pack anymore…. So I did some digging fell down a rabbit hole and discovered it looks to be discontinued from orders here on out. Well that sucks! Glad I jumped on it when I did!

I ordered my 392 to January 6, 2022 In stingray fully loaded with XR pack. I’m getting excited for my vehicle to arrive so for fun went back to jeep.com and built my car. Discovered that you can’t add XR pack anymore…. So I did some digging fell down a rabbit hole and discovered it looks to be discontinued from orders here on out. Well that sucks! Glad I jumped on it when I did!
It is done for the rest of 2022 anyway on the 392's. Guess we will see what 2023 MY brings. ...... Which if things are put back to normal will be able to be ordered in the next few months.

It will be back for '23. No way the top of the line model won't have the XR package when all the other models get it. I think they are retooling to offer an upgraded XR package for '23. Probably moving to 37s and some other bits.

XR 392's are out there, it's kind of like how fast due want to go and how much do you want want to spend? They can and will be had if you want to pony up.$$$$$$ It is going to be Interesting for the 2023 Wrangler model year.. If they come out with a 2 door Wrangler 392 or Gladiator 392 I'm buying both of them. I screwed the pooch selling the 81 scrambler and V-8 CJ's I had.

Whose to say that the couldn’t beat them with a turbocharged or supercharged V6?

They likely will with the new high output engine (supposedly 525hp). However, that was not the question nor my response. The question was if XR package is done for. My response is that Jeep likely has a new variant of the XR package they will be announcing at some point. They are not going to let the Bronco Raptor one up them with 35s / 37s from factory by not offering an XR package on the 392 (or whatever the top of the line model will be called in future).

I suspect they are not offering the XR package as they have met demand for it on the 392 and they are getting ready for some new version of the XR package to be announced- maybe 37s? Better suspension? Who knows...

They likely will with the new high output engine (supposedly 525hp). However, that was not the question nor my response. The question was if XR package is done for. My response is that Jeep likely has a new variant of the XR package they will be announcing at some point. They are not going to let the Bronco Raptor one up them with 35s / 37s from factory by not offering an XR package on the 392 (or whatever the top of the line model will be called in future).

I suspect they are not offering the XR package as they have met demand for it on the 392 and they are getting ready for some new version of the XR package to be announced- maybe 37s? Better suspension? Who knows...
470 hp HEMI will always trump a 525hp turbo charged V6. Hands down.

XR 392's are out there, it's kind of like how fast due want to go and how much do you want want to spend? They can and will be had if you want to pony up.$$$$$$ It is going to be Interesting for the 2023 Wrangler model year.. If they come out with a 2 door Wrangler 392 or Gladiator 392 I'm buying both of them. I screwed the pooch selling the 81 scrambler and V-8 CJ's I had.
I Still have my 78 cj7 golden eagle with the 304 v8,. its a garage queen now, only goes out on beautiful days.
So I had to order a 392 XR, just found out today I hit D1 status with a ship date April 21 ! I placed the order Nov 26th.
I cant imagine a jeep without a V8.

I Still have my 78 cj7 golden eagle with the 304 v8,. its a garage queen now, only goes out on beautiful days.
So I had to order a 392 XR, just found out today I hit D1 status with a ship date April 21 ! I placed the order Nov 26th.
I cant imagine a jeep without a V8.
I couldn’t resist!…
My 1985 Renegade CJ7, 350 V8 with my girl “Tuny”💪🏼🇺🇸😎
550187A8-43AE-4B6E-8088-4BF0314AE044.png

Sadly same issue we discovered with our 392 build, as well as Snazberry color no longer being available which was a bummer.

getting side tracked here but thats a beauty... I was a young'n during the cj5 vs cj7 battles and I remember thinking that the renegade was the be-all end-all of jeeps.
Amen.
Thank you for the kind words.✌🏼

It was discontinued from the end of March forward for the 22s. The 23's opened up in June and the package was available again. Recently I think someone posted that they couldn't get it, but I believe that was just for a day or a few days. I think we can still order it as of now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It was discontinued from the end of March forward for the 22s. The 23's opened up in June and the package was available again. Recently I think someone posted that they couldn't get it, but I believe that was just for a day or a few days. I think we can still order it as of now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Noted thank you.

10k over, what a bunch of mercenary ***censored***. I wouldn't ever deal with a dealership like that.

Back