Winch

What is everyone’s thoughts on a winch? I’m looking at the warn zeon platinum 12s vs 10s.. the 10 has an additional 20 feet of cable but is also 2k less pulling power.. anyone have any experience with these?
I upgraded to a warn 9.5cti, warn calls it their ultra performance winch. It fits perfectly with the warn winch plate using the factory bumper.

Just finished installing a Warn Zeon 10S Platinum on my 392 using a Maximus-3 winch mount on the factory bumper. Everything is super tight but it does fit - no rubbing issues. Actually a pretty quick and easy install BUT having a helper to horse the steel bumper around would have been great. Biggest issue was with the Maximus plate - it would not clear a factory weld so I had to grind the left rear "clearance" area down a tad. No biggie but still a time waster. Using a Stow N' Show front license plate bracket. IMO the Warn looks great on the factory bumper.

I'm currently installing a Warn Zeon 12 S Platinum with the Warn winch base plate, one thing I can say it's a very tight fit to the point I'm going to trim the bumper mount plate, I don't like how close the winch is to the bumper mount it actually is rubbing on it, has anyone else experienced this? Using all Warn products?
I installed the exact one tonight. I’m using Artec winch plate. I think I’m going to need to trim bumper Mount🤦🏻‍♂️. But my other issue is skid plate doesn’t line up cuz the spacers I used with the Artec plate. Anyhow, what did u end up doing?

Attachments

• 40603188-C25B-4217-8083-A1E1A34BBD19.jpeg
    40603188-C25B-4217-8083-A1E1A34BBD19.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 154
I installed the exact one tonight. I’m using Artec winch plate. I think I’m going to need to trim bumper Mount🤦🏻‍♂️. But my other issue is skid plate doesn’t line up cuz the spacers I used with the Artec plate. Anyhow, what did u end up doing?

Attachments

• A603197A-CFDB-41C0-95F1-08D36D146949.jpeg
    A603197A-CFDB-41C0-95F1-08D36D146949.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 127
Hey JE392EP,

Using the Warn winch plate, it pushed the bumper forward about a 1/4", I only had to drill the rear skid plate bolt holes out a 1/4" toward the very rear of the skid plate, the one's on the front where fine, the whole setup is a very tight fit, like you said I trimmed the ears off of the top corner's of the removable inside bumper brackets. That's a fine winch! and looks great on your 392, you won't regret it..

I'm currently installing a Warn Zeon 12 S Platinum with the Warn winch base plate, one thing I can say it's a very tight fit to the point I'm going to trim the bumper mount plate, I don't like how close the winch is to the bumper mount it actually is rubbing on it, has anyone else experienced this? Using all Warn products?
It does fit.. super tight but works.. Only thing I couldn’t get on was the winch cover.. Need someone with 3 year old hands to fit in there.. Trick is to leave everything a little loose so you have some play until it’s all together.. Getting back to the bumper bolts was also fun.. Took me 4-5 hrs a bruised head “2nd pair of hands would have been useful” and 1/2 dozen beers but looks great.. Good luck!

Yep it was a fun installation, "NOT" then a month later I had to remove the bumper and loosen the winch to install a Blue Ox tow bar base plate, before I put the bumper back on I modified it to make it easier to get the winch bolts in, and it did help speed up re-installation, Now I see a need to install a steering pump cooler even with the stock 33's tires I see steering fade, and guess what it all is going to have to come out, winch, bumper and winch base plate! a few shots and a 12 pack and maybe I will be able to getter done!

Does the Warn 10 EVO fit into the factory bumper slot without modification?
It does. Make sure you get the one for the JLU. The lever on it is 90 degrees as opposed to 180. With the 180 you won't be able to get it to engage because the lever hits the bumper. Other than that it will fit. You will have to get a winch plate. There are a few options. I went with the WARN winch plate.

Hey JE392EP,

Using the Warn winch plate, it pushed the bumper forward about a 1/4", I only had to drill the rear skid plate bolt holes out a 1/4" toward the very rear of the skid plate, the one's on the front where fine, the whole setup is a very tight fit, like you said I trimmed the ears off of the top corner's of the removable inside bumper brackets. That's a fine winch! and looks great on your 392, you won't regret it..
I think I am having same problem is it the only way to drill the back or trim the winch plate ?

Warn zeos 12s, for all the same reasons the op noted. I had one on my JK, I pulled out some very large rigs with that setup.

Hey Aj bond, If your talking about installing the front skid plate using the Warn Winch base plate, the very back 2 SKID plate bolt holes will need to be opened up about a 1/4" to install the front SKID plate. NOT the warn winch plate bolt holes. Hope that help's.

Hey Aj bond, If your talking about installing the front skid plate using the Warn Winch base plate, the very back 2 SKID plate bolt holes will need to be opened up about a 1/4" to install the front SKID plate. NOT the warn winch plate bolt holes. Hope that help's.
Yes that’s what I mean thank u I am new to all this
Can u guide me what’s the best drill bits to buy can’t find good ones they all go bad fast

I just used a Cobalt stepped bit, there not expensive, and it will be easy to open it up a 1/4", I elongated or slotted the holes towards the rear of the skid plate, you don't need much to get the bolt in, 1/4" max. and it should be good to go.

I just used a Cobalt stepped bit, there not expensive, and it will be easy to open it up a 1/4", I elongated or slotted the holes towards the rear of the skid plate, you don't need much to get the bolt in, 1/4" max. and it should be good to go.
Thank u for the information 👍

Back