Wifi Not Offered

msdwbroker

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 392, 2017 Unlimited Sport, 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2020 Mercedes Benz Ultimate Sprinter
Has anyone successfully enabled tge Wifi? I called At&t and they said Mopar was working through some issues but it isn’t currently available.??

Has anyone successfully enabled tge Wifi? I called At&t and they said Mopar was working through some issues but it isn’t currently available.??
I have had no luck either. Oddly, I have also not yet been able to cancel the wifi on my 2020, so I'm paying for the new owner right now! AT&T is the worst, but we're stuck with them.

Yes I paid for a year and it functions about 70% of the time
I sometimes need to do a soft reset on the electrical or turn the engine back over to refresh it to get a signal

Yes I paid for a year and it functions about 70% of the time
I sometimes need to do a soft reset on the electrical or turn the engine back over to refresh it to get a signal
I had an issue back in January - AT&T (new to me as j use another wireless for phone) was accommodating and helpful. After the trial plan expired and I paid for a service, the Wi-Fi simply did not work. After a week or so and a few phone calls book an appointment with the dealership, turns out it was a Uconnect update issue. Once the update was completed, I have not had a single issue with the dataplan, and i use it quite a bit (vehicle GC L ). Looks like I’ll take delivery in a couple weeks on the 392 ( ya baby!) and will use data on it as well, Assuming this 392 issue is resolved by then

Just tried to renew my subscription for a long road trip and for the error message that the service is unavailable and they are working with Jeep to resolve the issue.

That was the message i received- uconnect update resolved it.
How does one manually update uconnect? It seems like auto updates are pushed when available.

Despite having “software updates “automatic, there was another update that the dealership had to do. There was no message or error, but because I could not resolve it after speaking to AT&T, I booked the appointment and within an hour it was fixed.
Version showing now (again 2021 Grand Cherokee L) Build Number: FCA-MY21.R17.99-PROD

The jeep has the benefit of SIZE (over my iphone) to house any manner of decent cellular modems/antennas - can anyone confirm that having a wifi hotspot in the jeep gives better coverage or reliability than a typical cellphone already has?

I got a hold of UConnect, two days ago (7/27/22) and they said AT&T no longer supports the version of the radio we have in the 392. It has nothing to do with Mopar/UConnect. There's no other resolution aside from getting a new head-unit.

My problem with this is Jeep is still advertising this as a feature and should offer some kind of resolution for this. It worked great for me when it worked.

If you're still paying the AT&T subscription, you better cancel.

The jeep has the benefit of SIZE (over my iphone) to house any manner of decent cellular modems/antennas - can anyone confirm that having a wifi hotspot in the jeep gives better coverage or reliability than a typical cellphone already has?
I've never understood Wifi in a vehicle when I have a great iPhone. Never once used it in my 2015 GMC or the 392.

I've never understood Wifi in a vehicle when I have a great iPhone. Never once used it in my 2015 GMC or the 392.
I could access wifi in areas where cell coverage was poor. Don't ask me how the technology works, I just know it worked for me.

I got a hold of UConnect, two days ago (7/27/22) and they said AT&T no longer supports the version of the radio we have in the 392. It has nothing to do with Mopar/UConnect. There's no other resolution aside from getting a new head-unit.

My problem with this is Jeep is still advertising this as a feature and should offer some kind of resolution for this. It worked great for me when it worked.

If you're still paying the AT&T subscription, you better cancel.
I’m not sure I prepaid the year at discount and it’s still functional as of a few minutes ago. I have not called them.

Me too. We didn't really use that term in the Navy but I have been a part of the Navy Marksmanship Team and in service rifle a 4 man team event of prone rapid fire is called Battle Rattle.
Thanks for your service.

I'm Air Force and we used the term for our gear/kit in the field and deployments.

I wheeled my 2015 JKU pretty hard and it started making sounds on daily drives, so I figured Battle Rattle was an appropriate name to give it.

Cheers 🍻

I have had no luck either. Oddly, I have also not yet been able to cancel the wifi on my 2020, so I'm paying for the new owner right now! AT&T is the worst, but we're stuck with them.
Call them. They’ll cancel it.
I was paying for the first few months and finally ended it due to the connection issues.
it’s not AT&T. It’s the head unit. It’s a known issue, which supposedly MOPAR is working through.

I could access wifi in areas where cell coverage was poor. Don't ask me how the technology works, I just know it worked for me.
Sorry for digging up an older topic, but I was trying to figure out why my wifi won't activate when I came to this thread.

Basically.... cellular devices designed to be held close to your head (ie your phone) are limited in output power to 6/10ths of a watt.
Other devices like the old bag phones ,and the cellular units in our Jeeps are limited to 3 watts of output power, moar power for longer distance connection and higher throughput speeds.

Just FYI

• Useful
Reactions: dog
I chose to renew the ATT WiFi today
It was on a yearly sub, and I added another year
The web portal would not cooperate and I had to call
Successful so far

Adding here to say I use the ATT system to upload my dash cam videos and grab signal sometimes where I cant otherwise on the phone; for some longer trips the passengers have enjoyed their devices. but, Blackue does have a cellular Wi-Fi device you can install as well which I believe you can then use as a wifi header like this UConnect provides (for the select few lucky ones where it’s actually functional 🍀)

Last edited:
Back