Who's selling their 21-23 392 for a 24?

leakgator

Founding Member
Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Current Rides
2023 Earl 392XR, 2013 F150
I know this has been beaten to death, but I am so torn on whether or not to keep my 392 or order a 24!
I love the bigger screen, but I don't like the red interior.
I already have winch, but I like the idea of a factory winch.
I like the side curtain airbags and I like that it's supposedly quiter.
I have an 23 Earl 392 with the Xtreme Recon package.
I am sure the MSRP will be much much higher.
What are yall going to do?

Thank you!

Keeping my 23 XR. Zero interest in a more refined wrangler. The red seats would get tiresome and arguably outdated quickly. The screen just does not look right. The new grill…meh. The side airbags are a solid addition however! All personal preference but I think the 21-23’s are a perfect mix of old school and new school.

Have a 23 XR with 300 miles. Trading it in for a 20A. Not a fan of the screen and let down about the axle. I’ll be waiting on the next redesign hoping the screen is integrated better and doesn’t look like an afterthought.

Definitely keeping my 22 XR!

No matter what others say, go flip a coin, if you don’t like the result, flip again … then you’ll know.

I was torn initially with the exterior color decision, not any better than your current situation I guess. At the end of the day, the v8 motor and the exhaust notes are what really matter to me.

I know this has been beaten to death, but I am so torn on whether or not to keep my 392 or order a 24!
I love the bigger screen, but I don't like the red interior.
I already have winch, but I like the idea of a factory winch.
I like the side curtain airbags and I like that it's supposedly quiter.
I have an 23 Earl 392 with the Xtreme Recon package.
I am sure the MSRP will be much much higher.
What are yall going to do?

Thank you!
I am still deciding about cancelling the coming 20A and order a 2024. I think the new screen is hideous and looks out-of-place, like something Jeep quickly slapped on. There appears to be a space behind the right side of the screen, like it's sticking out. The previous 8.4-inch is well integrated and no question it looks much better. The worst part is the rectangular vents replacing the round vents in the middle. It is a mixed between round and rectangular!!! I don't know of any other automobile maker mixing things up like that!! nice going Jeep interior designer!! they should have made all the vents rectangular.
But I am leaning toward the 2024 because of the side airbags and the HD axles, which I would not be willing to add on aftermarket. I will have to learn to live with the uglier interior. I also thinks the wheels aren't as nice.
BTW, how is that Earl color? can't decide between Earl and Anvil!

I have a 22 none XR and will be taking it to my grave. Not a huge fan of the new grill and there is no way I could deal with that red interior (little to Valentino Liberace for me) 🤣 and no need for a bigger touch screen, it’s just a distraction while driving. I’m not sure what Uconnect 5 does but I can wirelessly play music already so I’m not sure what more I would need. To each his own thought.

from what I have heard the factory winch is only 8k lb so if your current winch is 10k lb or higher you will be downgrading. I’m not sure how a factory installed winch would be any better anyway.

Keeping my 22 XR. When I did an evaluation of what would move me...

Was excited about the bigger screen until I saw the execution...not for me.
Prefer the grill I have to the new design.
Side curtain air bags...I would like those.
I usually like red interiors, the F Pace SVR I traded to get my 392 had one. With the bronze trim, no thanks.
The rear end would be cool.
Winch...on my list to add...10k though
Power seats...nice to have but once I'm set up it really stays put (wife doesn't drive it).

I've done the trade/sell to upgrade thing on vehicles I like during their evolution (over the last 20 years: 3 Hellcats/Redeye...3 Vipers...3 SRT GC's...3 Raptors...this is my 4th Wrangler/3rd Rubicon).

In this instance there isn't enough to sway me...and that's not taking a price that could be quite scary into the equation. I love my '22...it's got lotsa bolts on the rings :)

I can’t imagine wanting the “factory winch” over a non factory. It’s literally the same damn thing and probably lower rated, bc everyone mounts 10 or 12k winches…I almost never hear of 8k. Though I’m sure it’s enough for most.

I’ll not be selling my 21, but I’ll admit I like the red interior and power seat. The screen is interesting, but not really a factor…though wireless CarPlay is cool. The rear axle..I have no idea how much stouter a full-float d44 is compared to standard d44. Apparently a big enough difference to make a major increase to towing capacity.

Keeping my '22 XR. I love it and don't see a single reason that would push me towards '24.
I'm disappointed how Jeep released 20A one month prior to 24 model. Plus we still don't know 24 prices, who does that?

Last edited:
I have a 23 Earl 392 XR as well. It’s my daily and I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off.
I love the Earl color. I wish I could find a set of half doors to paint, pretty reasonable. Thanks for the advice!

Keeping my 23 XR. Zero interest in a more refined wrangler. The red seats would get tiresome and arguably outdated quickly. The screen just does not look right. The new grill…meh. The side airbags are a solid addition however! All personal preference but I think the 21-23’s are a perfect mix of old school and new school.
Great answer. I agree it’s a great Jeep already and I just don’t like the red interior!

Have a 23 XR with 300 miles. Trading it in for a 20A. Not a fan of the screen and let down about the axle. I’ll be waiting on the next redesign hoping the screen is integrated better and doesn’t look like an afterthought.
Yes the screen is exciting, but looks weird. Maybe the ultimate JM will be more planned out.

I am still deciding about cancelling the coming 20A and order a 2024. I think the new screen is hideous and looks out-of-place, like something Jeep quickly slapped on. There appears to be a space behind the right side of the screen, like it's sticking out. The previous 8.4-inch is well integrated and no question it looks much better. The worst part is the rectangular vents replacing the round vents in the middle. It is a mixed between round and rectangular!!! I don't know of any other automobile maker mixing things up like that!! nice going Jeep interior designer!! they should have made all the vents rectangular.
But I am leaning toward the 2024 because of the side airbags and the HD axles, which I would not be willing to add on aftermarket. I will have to learn to live with the uglier interior. I also thinks the wheels aren't as nice.
BTW, how is that Earl color? can't decide between Earl and Anvil!
I’m gonna be honest, I think Earl is the best color. It’s really striking in some lights and I always look back at it when I get out and go in a store or something and just think, man I love that color!

Like my ‘22XR just fine. Vehicles are always being updated. Not changing every time some gadget is added.
I know what you mean, if I keep searching for the next best thing, I’ll never enjoy what I have.

I have a 22 none XR and will be taking it to my grave. Not a huge fan of the new grill and there is no way I could deal with that red interior (little to Valentino Liberace for me) 🤣 and no need for a bigger touch screen, it’s just a distraction while driving. I’m not sure what Uconnect 5 does but I can wirelessly play music already so I’m not sure what more I would need. To each his own thought.

from what I have heard the factory winch is only 8k lb so if your current winch is 10k lb or higher you will be downgrading. I’m not sure how a factory installed winch would be any better anyway.
Yes I’ve got the 10s platinum and it’s better I’m sure. Just thinking about a factory warranty.

Keeping my 22 XR. When I did an evaluation of what would move me...

Was excited about the bigger screen until I saw the execution...not for me.
Prefer the grill I have to the new design.
Side curtain air bags...I would like those.
I usually like red interiors, the F Pace SVR I traded to get my 392 had one. With the bronze trim, no thanks.
The rear end would be cool.
Winch...on my list to add...10k though
Power seats...nice to have but once I'm set up it really stays put (wife doesn't drive it).

I've done the trade/sell to upgrade thing on vehicles I like during their evolution (over the last 20 years: 3 Hellcats/Redeye...3 Vipers...3 SRT GC's...3 Raptors...this is my 4th Wrangler/3rd Rubicon).

In this instance there isn't enough to sway me...and that's not taking a price that could be quite scary into the equation. I love my '22...it's got lotsa bolts on the rings :)
Yes that’s why I’m really not thinking it’s worth it. I bet it will be 95k for all I want on it.

Back