🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/466CPuu 🎁

What would it take to go from stock to run 39" tires?

SecurityChris

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 JLU 392 / 2021 WL
What I'm looking at currently would be a 33lb increase in weight per wheel/tire, so other than the obvious of lift and fender liners, what else would need to be done to make this happen?
Running a regular 392 (non-XR) with the 3.73 gears.

Thanks!

Nothing, see the 40's in my avatar? they are now 39.5's and all we did was a Mopar 2.5 and tore out the fenders.

On the 392 I would add a spacer lift 2 inch and fenders and I net you will be fine. That is if you have a Recon.

I would not change the existing Mopar lift for another as you are going to devalue the Jeep by taking away its pedigree.

Why anyone would take the Mopar suspension lift off and put on a Metal Back Rough Country Icons for the Kool Aid drinkers

Mopar, AEV, Teraflex, Synergy are for men

Nothing, see the 40's in my avatar? they are now 39.5's and all we did was a Mopar 2.5 and tore out the fenders.

On the 392 I would add a spacer lift 2 inch and fenders and I net you will be fine. That is if you have a Recon.

I would not change the existing Mopar lift for another as you are going to devalue the Jeep by taking away its pedigree.

Why anyone would take the Mopar suspension lift off and put on a Metal Back Rough Country Icons for the Kool Aid drinkers

Mopar, AEV, Teraflex, Synergy are for men
What about Metalcloak?

True 39's you will have to trim the metal around the rear a bit I'm thinking. I've got 37's and they're dicey but they just clear. You will have to lift it or it will bottom out every time you go over a speed bump.

There are several youtube videos on what it takes to run 37's reliably, most are worth the watch! That will be your minimum as you're going up from there.

I did drivelines, there are those that will say you need tons. Maybe maybe not, it depends how you drive it. Regear appropriately. I've got 4.88's and am very happy with the results, many still run the 3.73's and are happy, many also have 4.56s and are happy.

I’m running the Accutune stage 4 coilover kit. Lift is about 3” in front and 1.5” in the rear. Apparently not manly, that’s ok, it’s more capable than I.

My design criteria were make it look good enough to be a mall crawler, but I'm going to Moab in September so it must be capable.

Above all else, do what makes you happy and you can be proud of!

-Dean

True 39's you will have to trim the metal around the rear a bit I'm thinking. I've got 37's and they're dicey but they just clear. You will have to lift it or it will bottom out every time you go over a speed bump.

There are several youtube videos on what it takes to run 37's reliably, most are worth the watch! That will be your minimum as you're going up from there.

I did drivelines, there are those that will say you need tons. Maybe maybe not, it depends how you drive it. Regear appropriately. I've got 4.88's and am very happy with the results, many still run the 3.73's and are happy, many also have 4.56s and are happy.

I’m running the Accutune stage 4 coilover kit. Lift is about 3” in front and 1.5” in the rear. Apparently not manly, that’s ok, it’s more capable than I.

My design criteria were make it look good enough to be a mall crawler, but I'm going to Moab in September so it must be capable.

Above all else, do what makes you happy and you can be proud of!

-Dean
I ended up just going with some solid 37's, sort of in a "lets throw them on and see what breaks so I know what to upgrade" sense. I'm definitely feeling you on the regear, I'm looking into 4.88's now with a lift to follow later on once I know I'll have more timing for wheeling.

I ended up just going with some solid 37's, sort of in a "lets throw them on and see what breaks so I know what to upgrade" sense. I'm definitely feeling you on the regear, I'm looking into 4.88's now with a lift to follow later on once I know I'll have more timing for wheeling.
Good luck on the adventure!

Did you add a Tazer and adjust for tires when you went to 37s? My XR felt like it lost all of it's power when I went from 35's to 37's but once I adjusted for tires it's back to normal. I highly suggest the Tazer first before spending on a regear.

Back