What price?

FireJeep

Reaction score
Current Rides
05 LJ
I have found a Firecracker Red 392 with the XR and trailer packages like I want. It is used, a whopping 550 miles.....Not sure what other options are on it yet. Give me some ideas on pricing....please.....

Thanks!!!

Agree. Get the window sticker if you can. It’s tough for us to know without other options. Things like sot and half doors can add a chunk of change to a barely used 392.

I will get the VIN today, hopefully this morning, and see what comes back.
Thanks for the advice!!!!

it is exactly what I would have ordered except for the gorilla glass, I would not have opted for that...... They are asking 87,500 but I may be able to do better?........ what say you?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 12.17.20.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 12.17.20.png
    536.6 KB · Views: 81
So they, as of now, will not budge from their asking price of 87,500..........so I told them "good luck".......they tried the mark up justification argument, but thanks to you guys and what I learned on here I told them no, not paying it.......

Thank you!!!!

it is exactly what I would have ordered except for the gorilla glass, I would not have opted for that...... They are asking 87,500 but I may be able to do better?........ what say you?
They will sell it easy since you can’t order a xr now.And ones ordered people don’t know when and if they will get filled

Based on what I read on gorilla glass failures, you might not want it.

Maybe they'll call you back?

Based on what I read on gorilla glass failures, you might not want it.

Maybe they'll call you back?
Have had gorilla glass on a few Jeeps..and have got some hard hits and chips .Never and cracking.Has held up good so far

So they, as of now, will not budge from their asking price of 87,500..........so I told them "good luck".......they tried the mark up justification argument, but thanks to you guys and what I learned on here I told them no, not paying it.......

Thank you!!!!

That is a good deal. You won't find much better. I'd jump on it if you are serious.

XR packages are currently sold out and there is no guarantee even the orders that have been placed will even be built. It is taking upwards of 8 months to get a 392 from factory.

We all have our limits. I have personally gotten over my aversion to going over MSRP, at least for now.

If this is what I wanted other than just Gorilla glass, I would have taken it personally, but again, we all have our ideals and personally decided limits.

I have found a Firecracker Red 392 with the XR and trailer packages like I want. It is used, a whopping 550 miles.....Not sure what other options are on it yet. Give me some ideas on pricing....please.....

Thanks!!!
Only thing that scares me is how hard they drove the 550 miles during break-in period (though it is under warranty).

That is a good deal. You won't find much better. I'd jump on it if you are serious.

XR packages are currently sold out and there is no guarantee even the orders that have been placed will even be built. It is taking upwards of 8 months to get a 392 from factory.
I mean, I get it but I will never pay MSRP plus for anything and that was before the car market tanked. Now, in the current market, it's a fools choice to pay above MSRP on a used vehicle.

Don't listen to Rubicon023453u24i5, he's just an XR fluffer. The OPs best bet is to find a non-XR (or order one at well below invoice) and just put 35s on it, it's both a much better value and a better vehicle anyway.

I mean, I get it but I will never pay MSRP plus for anything and that was before the car market tanked. Now, in the current market, it's a fools choice to pay above MSRP on a used vehicle.

Don't listen to Rubicon023453u24i5, he's just an XR fluffer. The OPs best bet is to find a non-XR (or order one at well below invoice) and just put 35s on it, it's both a much better value and a better vehicle anyway.

I get it, but it seems to be short sighted to me in this scenario for a serious buyer. $1275 ADM is nothing in this market, especially considering how difficult it is to get one. If it were say $10k, I could understand walking.

Yes, you can order below MSRP. I did, but I was in a position to wait and the XR package was available. However, if someone doesn't want to wait 5 to 8 months or whatever, this is a fair deal. Plus combined with the fact you can't even order an XR this model right now makes it even that much better. Also, saw on another forum you can't even get the advanced safety group anymore.

Thank you!!!!
I'd call back and talk to the sales manager (don't accept general salesman). Say you can have a sold vehicle TODAY at mrsp.
If he says no. Tell him if anything changes to give you at call at number #.

The economy is already turning south. MRSP is a fair price.

From what I read on another site colors are now limited and you can't order a Firecracker Red 392.

If it is exactly what you would have ordered other than the GG option, I would jump on that price as getting exactly what you wanted is otherwise not attainable at this time.....and who knows if the XR option ever will be. Also, at any given minute stellantis may shut off further 392 orders.....just do not know in these times. I would jump on it....that small of ADM does not put you in fools territory. There's my $.02.

I just sold a ‘22 in StingGray with 1800 miles. XR, Sky-one touch top, tow, gorilla glass and Amp power steps were added at a cost of $2500. It sold for 87,000 through large Jeep dealership. Still don’t know how it lasted this long (3 weeks) and didn’t sell for more. MSRP was 89650 and it had the additional power steps. What a steal!!! Very happy buyer from Oklahoma!!

If it is exactly what you would have ordered other than the GG option, I would jump on that price as getting exactly what you wanted is otherwise not attainable at this time.....and who knows if the XR option ever will be. Also, at any given minute stellantis may shut off further 392 orders.....just do not know in these times. I would jump on it....that small of ADM does not put you in fools territory. There's my $.02.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Back