What is the standard tire on a 2023 Order?

dreamingof392

Reaction score
Current Rides
2015 JK Freedom
Good evening and hope all is well.
I am in the process of deciding on the tire choices for a 2023 Wrangler 392 Build.
Below is what is shown. I understand BSW (black side wall).
The question is what tire is the "Off Road Tire" vs the "BSW Mud Terrain". Looking for brand and tire etc.

Thank you.

1667963552188.png

Off-road tire will be 33” BFG KO2s and the Mud Terrains are 33” Falcon Wildpeak MTs.
Thank you.

Im open to opinions on either. Which is the better route? I hate loud tires that sound like your a tank.
Im sure the exhaust should drown out most of it.

My thought process is to take these tires and put them on my wifes 2019 Moab, and get 35" Nitto's for the 392. I currently have 35" Nitto's on my 2015 JK and i love them.

Thank you.

Im open to opinions on either. Which is the better route? I hate loud tires that sound like your a tank.
Im sure the exhaust should drown out most of it.

My thought process is to take these tires and put them on my wifes 2019 Moab, and get 35" Nitto's for the 392. I currently have 35" Nitto's on my 2015 JK and i love them.
Personally I’d go with the KO2, much more versatile. And if you’re concerned about road noise 100% the KO2 would be the way to go. Also if you plan to take them off and sell them I think they have better resale value.

May I suggest a 35 Toyo instead of a Nitto

Mud tires that run on asphalt only turn in to cement and thats why they last a long time and get very loud.

Ko2 is as ok tire, I like it didnt love it. Toyo Open Country III A/T or Mickey Baja Boss are both mud looking tires (mud tires look cooler) but are quiet and ride beautifully.

Everyone loves Nittos but run a Toyo Open Country and you will give your Nittos to your friend for xmas. Mickey is in an entirely different league but everyone drinks the Nitto Kool Aid. The "me too " tire

As far as ordering the XR get the Ko2 as they will be easier to sell when you upgrade or better to ride on if you keep them.

KO2s are hot garbage, put anything else on and you'll be happier. I dumped the BFGs and put on Falken Wildpeak A/T3Ws in 35x12.50r17 and they're great, wet or dry, no wandering and super quiet.

KO2s are hot garbage, put anything else on and you'll be happier. I dumped the BFGs and put on Falken Wildpeak A/T3Ws in 35x12.50r17 and they're great, wet or dry, no wandering and super quiet.
Agree, love my Toyes and Mickeys but Falkens would be on my short list also. I did not mention because last time I looked they were hard to get.

Back