What did you do to your Jeep 392 today? šŸ› ļø

Installed the Z-Automotive SGW Extension Cable for easier plug-in access for JScan with write back. Agree with others who have stated what a bitch it is to reach up under the dash to unplug the SGW connections and plug in the extension. Cut the hell out of my hand and a lot of false starts before finally got them done. Glad thatā€™s a one-time only thing.

Working on my powder coating game while waiting on the 20a to finally ship..

A Tow Points Groove fairlead, and some Maximus rear tow loops in 392 bronze/gold.

IMG_2646.jpg

Simple manual hoist system for my low ceiling garage. I didnā€™t want to use any extra wood pieces so cut a small notch on the drywall and found the exact center of ceiling joist. Simple and strong.

Attachments

• IMG_4776.jpeg
    IMG_4776.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4781.jpeg
    IMG_4781.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4786.jpeg
    IMG_4786.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 35
Longer and more frustrating then I was expecting.

A few words of advise/recommendations for the next installerā€¦
  • DO NOT remove the high pressure line brackets. There is no room to install the cooler using those bracket holes like on a non 392.
  • When removing the low pressure line it must be cut into 3 sections and DO NOT attempt to remove the bracket bolts (waste of time and effort) but rather loosen bolts and slide grommets out of their brackets then tighten bolts back up to keep the holes sealed.
  • DO NOT plan on removing the gauge after setupā€¦ its impossible.
  • Install the gauge line onto the spacer PRIOR to installation onto the pump.
  • There are very few installation locations for the cooler other than where mine is installed (bolted to underside of winch plate) so if u dont have a plate be prepared to make/install something similar PRIOR to starting the install.
  • It took 2-1/4 turns from full out to hit 2k PSI and it required a long handle 5mm allen ball driver to reach from underneath which can be seen in pic #6.
I cant wait to hit the rocks. It now turns with a pinky on asphalt and last time I was out at 14PSI I couldnā€™t turn the tires without rolling which makes crawling extremely aggravating for even micro adjustments.
So I finally had a chance to put the apex booster, clayton coils, and metalcloak bump stops to task.

I put nearly 300 offroad miles on the setup in Southern Utah last week. Went to sand hollow, coral pink sand dunes, and a ton of smaller trails that were rated from 4-6 with plenty of sand, rock, boulders, step up and step down ledges, whoops, water crossings, and as high speed as she could handle.

Now the resultsā€¦ for ~$1,000 in interim upgrades they, in my personal opinion, were worth every penny and gave me the results I was looking for. I only had one instance where the booster didnt help but I was nose down in a tight right wedged at 14psi. The coils and bumps have completely eliminated the bottom outs above 10mph. Still have to watch speed on certain terrain BUT even if it does bottom out its no longer a harsh/abrupt/back breaking event.

Dropped the Jeep off today to have the new AWE soundtrack installed, and to have some other less exciting things done such as bending in the rear pinch seam to keep the rear tires from rubbing at full flex. Canā€™t wait to pick it up tomorrow morning!

8CC4AAAB-884A-486E-81D5-FC276EFD889C.jpeg

9FCFEBCD-4DDA-4501-9962-B24DB2CDD79D.jpeg

0EEAE9A1-5D3A-477B-B78B-03A935655962.jpeg

Dropped the Jeep off today to have the new AWE soundtrack installed, and to have some other less exciting things done such as bending in the rear pinch seam to keep the rear tires from rubbing at full flex. Canā€™t wait to pick it up tomorrow morning!
You're going to love that exhaust!

Changed break-in oil out at 1369 miles...never has used a drop...oil was clean and clear...broken in at 80-83 miles per hour >3000 rpm....

Hi all, I did a pretty cool mod a passed few weeks ago, for those who like to be prepared for anything and when you still feel naked with just one firearm. I recently purchased the Center-lock over head gun rack from Extreme Terrain. I went to my local Loweā€™s and got (4) 3ā€ 3/8 bolts and 3/8 washer with nuts & lock washers. I used the (4) pre-existing holes on the roll bar. I used blue painters tape to score the holes on the gun rack. I plan on cable locking the shotgun. I Normally donā€™t trip with the 223/556 Unless I feel the need to. I must say Iā€™m very impressed with this mod especially those who like to pack some hardware Whenever and wherever This is the mod for you. As you can see I removed the hardtop and did this to gain access to the pre-existing roll bar holes. While the hardtop off also I added 80 mil sound deadening aka ā€œKilmatā€ which I purchased from Amazon and added the cover kings headliner I will post pics of that as well in the near future. Take aways unless someone knows where and what to look for they will see it. For the average Joe this space can easily be missed because it is mounted so high up in the Jeep it blends in with the black cover kings head liner. I took some side profile pics. Iā€˜ll be happy to answer any questions. šŸ˜‰šŸ‘

Attachments

• IMG_8712.jpeg
    IMG_8712.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_8713.jpeg
    IMG_8713.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8714.jpeg
    IMG_8714.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8710.jpeg
    IMG_8710.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8711.jpeg
    IMG_8711.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_8715.jpeg
    IMG_8715.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8716.jpeg
    IMG_8716.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 104
I added this brush guard off I found on Amazon for $38 bucks vs Moparā€™s $200 plus and I also added the fishbone storage rack which I highly recommend. It holds up to 300lbs. There are some youtube videos to check it out but Iā€™m very pleased with mine because we travel with our two dogs and does not interfere with there beauty sleep. They also have plenty of extra room

Attachments

• IMG_8800.jpeg
    IMG_8800.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8798.jpeg
    IMG_8798.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8799.jpeg
    IMG_8799.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4459.jpeg
    IMG_4459.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8717.jpeg
    IMG_8717.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 86
Spent a lot time doing research on Air down and Air up tools, settled with Lisle 19860 tire deflator and Viair 88P. Tested today and worked like a charm for my needs. I monitored the tire pressure gauge, less than 2 minutes down from 32 to 15 (didnā€™t screw the deflator deep) and total 13 minutes or a bit more back to 32 for all 4 tires each at a time. I could just air up to 30 and call it a day.

Figured Iā€™ll make a pad that can be used for the Viair and as a Jack pad too. Was able to fit everything including the lug nut deep socket in that small compartment.

I always carry a 24ā€ breaker bar so I can change tire myself.

Attachments

• IMG_5045.jpeg
    IMG_5045.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5044.jpeg
    IMG_5044.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5046.jpeg
    IMG_5046.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5050.jpeg
    IMG_5050.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5049.jpeg
    IMG_5049.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 46
Spent a lot time doing research on Air down and Air up tools, settled with Lisle 19860 tire deflator and Viair 88P. Tested today and worked like a charm for my needs. I monitored the tire pressure gauge, less than 2 minutes down from 32 to 15 (didnā€™t screw the deflator deep) and total 13 minutes or a bit more back to 32 for all 4 tires each at a time. I could just air up to 30 and call it a day.

Figured Iā€™ll make a pad that can be used for the Viair and as a Jack pad too. Was able to fit everything including the lug nut deep socket in that small compartment.

I always carry a 24ā€ breaker bar so I can change tire myself.
I have the same compressor in my LJ although I will be upgrading to an ARB very soon. Once I got used to it I no longer monitor air pressure, I just time it. I have my deflators set to 12 psi and I know that compressor will go from 12-26 in 2 minutes with my 35 inch tires. It's close enough I dont use a tire pressure gauge.

Back