What did you do to your Jeep 392 today? 🛠️

not sure if you ever follow Trail Recon. his 22 with 35000 miles burned up his transfer case. just melted the clutches. i feel that needs to be changed as well. but i would bet he is doing a lot of towing and wheeling in 4 high. i am looking into the new Atlas transfer case for the 392
I've watched some of his stuff, usually too long winded for me but did not hear about transfer case problems.

Installed the sky liner from HotHeads on my SOT. Anyone that has a SOT should seriously consider getting one. It makes a huge difference in overall cabin noise / wind noise inside of the vehicle. I dropped into HotHeads (they’re a local company) to pick it up. Great folks!!! They sell excellent American made products. I also picked up their sunshade which I haven’t gotten around to installing yet. I’ll post some pics when I get a sec.

Finally got the doors off. Been a long winter in Mn. Half doors in boxes. That will be next.

Attachments

• IMG_6510.jpeg
    IMG_6510.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6511.jpeg
    IMG_6511.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6512.jpeg
    IMG_6512.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6513.jpeg
    IMG_6513.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 34
Finally got the doors off. Been a long winter in Mn. Half doors in boxes. That will be next.
Good to see you took the top off. I found I did not like the look of half doors with top on. Of course if I needed to use the uppers that would be a different story.

Good to see you took the top off. I found I did not like the look of half doors with top on. Of course if I needed to use the uppers that would be a different story.
I have to agree. With the top on it doesn’t look quite right. Hoping to not have to do that. I do have a rain fly if needed. I can use that if it’s sitting longer than expected. Half done with half doors. I have to admit. Naked is pretty fun though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 31
Last night I removed the tint that the dealership added on the front door window in preparation for when I bring the Jeep in for PPF/Tint/Crramic coating.

Unfortunately, to get all the adhesive off and properly clean the glass, it was easiest to just remove the glass from each front door so I could clean to the very edges. Without doing so, the weather stripping was in the way.

IMG_9041.jpeg

Didn’t take as long as I expected, and overall was not difficult.

IMG_9045.jpeg

Ran across these... Closeout panels for steel Rubicon front bumper when you remove end caps, made out of aluminum, powder coated black, with rubber gasket for tight fit. Mounting hardware optional.

End cap cover...jpg

Ran across these... Closeout panels for steel Rubicon front bumper when you remove end caps, made out of aluminum, powder coated black, with rubber gasket for tight fit. Mounting hardware optional.

View attachment 21058
Damnit! Best I've seen yet but most expensive. Good thing I didn't order the other ones.

They are on order by the way.

That looks like a Midland GMRS antenna in their photo. Odd mounting location.

Damnit! Best I've seen yet but most expensive. Good thing I didn't order the other ones.

Placed an order as well. Those do look well executed.

:mad::ROFLMAO:Wish I hadn't already ordered the other ones

Nice find. Looks like the only product they sell

View attachment 21058
Thanks for sharing! I noticed my website got a bunch of traffic from here this morning so I thought I’d swing by and say hey.

Still rocking the 4 banger in my 2 door on 40s but it won’t be too long before it has 4 more cylinders.

Thanks for that feedback I appreciate it. I tried to keep the price as reasonable as possible but didn’t want to compromise on aluminum / powdercoat quality just to make a few extra bucks. Out of curiosity what other ones are you referencing? I’ve only seen one other aluminum set but they cost $250 and have a massive logo on them

Thanks for that feedback I appreciate it. I tried to keep the price as reasonable as possible but didn’t want to compromise on aluminum / powdercoat quality just to make a few extra bucks. Out of curiosity what other ones are you referencing? I’ve only seen one other aluminum set but they cost $250 and have a massive logo on them
I'm not saying they are overpriced. I ordered within a minute of two after seeing them, something I rarely do. I have seen plastic pieces that dont fit just right, probably printed. Cant remember but I think I have seen in the $30-40 range but I did not get them. I dont think aluminum is absolutely needed there for protection but that and your gasket make a nice looking product. I have also worried about the wiring harness going to the fog lights, seems there is not much room for them but your gasket appears to provide just the space needed. I will post review when I get them.

Back from getting ppf, ceramic coat, and tint. Installed banks pedal monster and 67 designs phone mount too.

Attachments

• IMG_6630.jpeg
    IMG_6630.jpeg
    295.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6631.jpeg
    IMG_6631.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6635.jpeg
    IMG_6635.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6301.jpeg
    IMG_6301.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 45
I'm not saying they are overpriced. I ordered within a minute of two after seeing them, something I rarely do. I have seen plastic pieces that dont fit just right, probably printed. Cant remember but I think I have seen in the $30-40 range but I did not get them. I dont think aluminum is absolutely needed there for protection but that and your gasket make a nice looking product. I have also worried about the wiring harness going to the fog lights, seems there is not much room for them but your gasket appears to provide just the space needed. I will post review when I get them.
Nice! Really appreciate your business and I genuinely hope you’re happy with your purchase. Im super open to feedback and suggestions so if you guys have any recommended changes let me know

Nice! Really appreciate your business and I genuinely hope you’re happy with your purchase. Im super open to feedback and suggestions so if you guys have any recommended changes let me know
Ordered

Back