🛠️ What did you do to your Jeep 392 today?

Just finished the 20th Anniversary parts, even tailgate plaque and air compressor shift knob and all decals along with midland and Mopar cargo mat and aluminum speaker and side accents. Also the Mopar Wiper Kit. It looks like the 20th anniversary edition that Mopar brought to Easter Jeep Safari. With All the 2024 goodies.

Attachments

• IMG_3416.jpeg
    IMG_3416.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3415.jpeg
    IMG_3415.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3413.jpeg
    IMG_3413.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3412.jpeg
    IMG_3412.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3411.jpeg
    IMG_3411.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3410.jpeg
    IMG_3410.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3409.jpeg
    IMG_3409.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3316.jpeg
    IMG_3316.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2965.jpeg
    IMG_2965.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 57
Removed the fender extensions. I know some like them for their function, state law, and/or form...but to me...they gotta go!!! Fugly! 😁

Attachments

• IMG_4792.jpg
    IMG_4792.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4793.jpg
    IMG_4793.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4794.jpg
    IMG_4794.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 33
Decided I wanted more light than my bumper-mounted LP4s were throwing off and decided to go with the Rough Country Black 50” Light Bar (w/Amber Backlight). I know light bars are pretty much a love or hate mod, but this thing is blinding and I’m really happy with it. Allowing me to also aim my LP4s out a bit more for better side light. Went with the DV8 mounting brackets and I think they look good. Put a diverter on the light bar and trim on the cooling blades to prevent any whistling, which worked. At higher speeds over 55 to 60 I notice a little more noise from the top with the airflow change, which is to be expected, and it’s not that bad so I’m fine with it.

I also was out of space on my OEM Aux switches, so I installed my own set of 4 additional simple switches in the panel under the steering wheel. Using the new switches to allow for independent switched power to the grill lights I mounted in the hood, the amber backlights on the LP4s, and the amber backlight on the new light bar (plus one extra for future growth). On my OEM Aux switches I have the LP4s, the new light bar, my ARB Dual Compressor, and my winch.

I also installed the Oracle smoked rear 3rd high mount brake light to match the smoked flush tail lights I already had installed. I think it all looks good.

IMG_0723.jpeg

IMG_0724.jpeg

IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0727.jpeg

IMG_0728.jpeg

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_0731.jpeg

IMG_0720.jpeg

IMG_0722.jpeg

IMG_0715.jpeg

Decided I wanted more light than my bumper-mounted LP4s were throwing off and decided to go with the Rough Country Black 50” Light Bar (w/Amber Backlight). I know light bars are pretty much a love or hate mod, but this thing is blinding and I’m really happy with it. Allowing me to also aim my LP4s out a bit more for better side light. Went with the DV8 mounting brackets and I think they look good. Put a diverter on the light bar and trim on the cooling blades to prevent any whistling, which worked. At higher speeds over 55 to 60 I notice a little more noise from the top with the airflow change, which is to be expected, and it’s not that bad so I’m fine with it.

I also was out of space on my OEM Aux switches, so I installed my own set of 4 additional simple switches in the panel under the steering wheel. Using the new switches to allow for independent switched power to the grill lights I mounted in the hood, the amber backlights on the LP4s, and the amber backlight on the new light bar (plus one extra for future growth). On my OEM Aux switches I have the LP4s, the new light bar, my ARB Dual Compressor, and my winch.

I also installed the Oracle smoked rear 3rd high mount brake light to match the smoked flush tail lights I already had installed. I think it all looks good.

View attachment 36270

View attachment 36271

View attachment 36272

View attachment 36273

View attachment 36274

View attachment 36275

View attachment 36276

View attachment 36277

View attachment 36278

View attachment 36279
Looks great. I love roof mounted light bars! I actually was very close to installing a KC on mine like I had on my Raptor but decided to change it up.

How does it feel going over steep bumps or washboard roads?

OK, dirt roads, slightly stiffer, washboard it is definitely stiffer but not terrible, do not really notice it much over speed bumps, straight ahead bumps, etc...more stiff with undulation -- Uneven surfaces -- hit an off-road pothole and it was stiff.

I might set it to the middle, right now I am at the stiffest setting.

On road, it goes straight, I honestly can not believe how that changed...there is no wander... hit the freeway on windy day felt planted, drives completely different. Definitely like the change for on-road. Off road I think I prefer stock.

OK, dirt roads, slightly stiffer, washboard it is definitely stiffer but not terrible, do not really notice it much over speed bumps, straight ahead bumps, etc...more stiff with undulation -- Uneven surfaces -- hit an off-road pothole and it was stiff.

I might set it to the middle, right now I am at the stiffest setting.

On road, it goes straight, I honestly can not believe how that changed...there is no wander... hit the freeway on windy day felt planted, drives completely different. Definitely like the change for on-road. Off road I think I prefer stock.
Thanks a lot for getting back to me! This is by far the most useful and honest feedback I’ve heard/read, which is totally aligned to the nature of the anti-sway bar.

Finally got the chance to install the other Tyri lights for fence checks at night as well as rigid rear brake light chase light. Hook it up to aux 4. Installed the Mopar rear brake location bracket ( of course it needed to be modified) installed the whip antenna light/flag holder on the back as well. Also Redline hood lift kit. Also the Mopar wheel lock kit from other Jeep . Almost there, it goes in for a little more vinyl work tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• IMG_3433.jpeg
    IMG_3433.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3432.jpeg
    IMG_3432.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3429.jpeg
    IMG_3429.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3424.jpeg
    IMG_3424.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3421.jpeg
    IMG_3421.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3422.jpeg
    IMG_3422.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3436.jpeg
    IMG_3436.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 36
I have the MetalCloak rear bumper reinforcements installed and also the OEM body/fender trim pieces. No issue at all with the two coexisting!
Awesome and thanks for the info! I looked on MC's site, but it wasn't 100% clear if they would fit back on there. Ordered.

Back