🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/466CPuu 🎁

What did you do to your Jeep 392 today? 🛠️

Ever since I put in the Goose Gear, I've been wanting to do full sound deadening of the body tub. With the AWE exhaust and the removal of all the soft textiles in the rear, it was notably louder inside. Echoey, if you will...

I've had the Sound Assassins full kit for a little while now from Hot Heads, but I kept holding off for some reason. Last week I finally talked myself into ordering Armorlite flooring - front, rear, wheel housings, and rear cargo closeout panel (the piece that goes from the rear seat to the cargo deck).

Armorlite comes today, so in preparation I pulled out all the GG parts and all the rear trim. This week I'll start getting sound deadening installed and then the Armorlite. I figure between the sound deadening and Armorlite flooring, I should see a noticeable impact on the interior road / exhaust volume levels.

View attachment 36719
View attachment 36720
View attachment 36721
Now that’s naked!

Ever since I put in the Goose Gear, I've been wanting to do full sound deadening of the body tub. With the AWE exhaust and the removal of all the soft textiles in the rear, it was notably louder inside. Echoey, if you will...

I've had the Sound Assassins full kit for a little while now from Hot Heads, but I kept holding off for some reason. Last week I finally talked myself into ordering Armorlite flooring - front, rear, wheel housings, and rear cargo closeout panel (the piece that goes from the rear seat to the cargo deck).

Armorlite comes today, so in preparation I pulled out all the GG parts and all the rear trim. This week I'll start getting sound deadening installed and then the Armorlite. I figure between the sound deadening and Armorlite flooring, I should see a noticeable impact on the interior road / exhaust volume levels.

View attachment 36719
View attachment 36720
View attachment 36721
Let me know. Mine is so loud.

I finally installed my winch this weekend. Also installed 1.5" front and 1" rear spacers with the mopar lower control arms. LOVE it now... but I knew I would say it needs bigger tiers now too LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_2564.jpeg
    IMG_2564.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2563.jpeg
    IMG_2563.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 40
I finally installed my winch this weekend. Also installed 1.5" front and 1" rear spacers with the mopar lower control arms. LOVE it now... but I knew I would say it needs bigger tiers now too LOL.
Time to hit leg day!

My Duck got a duck.
IMG_1230.jpeg

Got it while parked on Daytona Beach on vacation, so I put a little homemade T-track slider on and slid 'er into my 67 designs series 55 rail. Now we're ready for launch.
Screen Shot 2024-06-27 at 12.56.33 AM.png

The yellow one is my first Duck. I've gotten other ducks over the years but they just slide off, so I've re-gifted them to other more worthy Jeepers. I wanted to see my new "mini"duck so I went left shoulder.
🤔 I guess Red 392 Jeep = Left shoulder Duck :devilish:

Let me know. Mine is so loud.
This sounds interesting. The Armourlite is supposed to have sound deadening built into the product, so interested to hear how it all sounds as a complete set. Keep us posted.

This sounds interesting. The Armourlite is supposed to have sound deadening built into the product, so interested to hear how it all sounds as a complete set. Keep us posted.

It's done. I haven't driven it yet with the complete Goose Gear Stealth system reinstalled, but I did have to go to Ace Hardware. At the time I had the driver's seat installed, the passenger seat (half installed) and the driver's side GG platform.

Armorlite is SUBSTANTIALLY thicker than the OEM carpet. There's no comparison at all. Maybe the 2024+ models have thicker carpets as part of the overall sound insulation package. I have no doubt Armorlite by itself would help dampen sound, as well as better insulate for heat/cool through the body tub.

It's noticeably quieter. The AWE exhaust no longer causes an echoey-ness inside the cabin. It's very well attenuated. But, when you hit the exhaust button, that MF'er wakes up like a BANSHEE!

Another bonus of the Armorlite (and the Sound Assassin material) is that all of the interior trim panels fit nice and tight. Like, you don't really realize or appreciate how poorly and loosely the trim pieces fit in the Jeep before installing Armorlite. Everything is snug and firm, and tight. It's awesome.

I did have to make a few cuts in the Armorlite - on the driver's side for the Kraken connection bracket I cut a slit and inserted it from underneath. Super clean. And then for the brackets on the GG platform needed to have the slits widened where they attach to the rear seat mounting legs points. I also had to trim just a tiny bit around where the Desert Does It Seat Jackers mount for the front seat front rail mounts.

On the passenger seat, the OEM rear bolts were too short - OEM are M10 x 1.5 x 30. I ended up needing to get M10 x 1.5 x 35 bolts. I also picked up some new M10 x 1.5 x 30 bolts for the drivers side rear bolts. With the Seat Jackers in the front, now all of my seat bolts are 8mm Allen socket head cap screws. No more mix of Allen and Torx.

Anyway, enough of all that. It's done, and it was worth it. I'm super pleased with the results. Now all I have left to do is pull off my GG tailgate table and do inside of the tailgate. I also think I'll drop the MOPAR headliner and add some strips to the hardtop.

I’ll be posting more pictures in my build thread…

IMG_1414.jpeg

It's done. I haven't driven it yet with the complete Goose Gear Stealth system reinstalled, but I did have to go to Ace Hardware. At the time I had the driver's seat installed, the passenger seat (half installed) and the driver's side GG platform.

Armorlite is SUBSTANTIALLY thicker than the OEM carpet. There's no comparison at all. Maybe the 2024+ models have thicker carpets as part of the overall sound insulation package. I have no doubt Armorlite by itself would help dampen sound, as well as better insulate for heat/cool through the body tub.

It's noticeably quieter. The AWE exhaust no longer causes an echoey-ness inside the cabin. It's very well attenuated. But, when you hit the exhaust button, that MF'er wakes up like a BANSHEE!

Another bonus of the Armorlite (and the Sound Assassin material) is that all of the interior trim panels fit nice and tight. Like, you don't really realize or appreciate how poorly and loosely the trim pieces fit in the Jeep before installing Armorlite. Everything is snug and firm, and tight. It's awesome.

I did have to make a few cuts in the Armorlite - on the driver's side for the Kraken connection bracket I cut a slit and inserted it from underneath. Super clean. And then for the brackets on the GG platform needed to have the slits widened where they attach to the rear seat mounting legs points. I also had to trim just a tiny bit around where the Desert Does It Seat Jackers mount for the front seat front rail mounts.

On the passenger seat, the OEM rear bolts were too short - OEM are M10 x 1.5 x 30. I ended up needing to get M10 x 1.5 x 35 bolts. I also picked up some new M10 x 1.5 x 30 bolts for the drivers side rear bolts. With the Seat Jackers in the front, now all of my seat bolts are 8mm Allen socket head cap screws. No more mix of Allen and Torx.

Anyway, enough of all that. It's done, and it was worth it. I'm super pleased with the results. Now all I have left to do is pull off my GG tailgate table and do inside of the tailgate. I also think I'll drop the MOPAR headliner and add some strips to the hardtop.

View attachment 36974

Probably similar effect to what adding peel-n-stick dead liner.
Wonder what Jeep did for insulation inside the doors of the 2024?
I still plan to sound treat all of the interior of my 2023. I know what a difference it makes.

Probably similar effect to what adding peel-n-stick dead liner.
Wonder what Jeep did for insulation inside the doors of the 2024?
I still plan to sound treat all of the interior of my 2023. I know what a difference it makes.

I had some of the Sound Assassin deadener left over, so today I pulled off my MOPAR headliner and added strips on the opposite ribs on the hardtop to where the headliner Velcro is located. It went pretty quickly and it was nice not having to tear the whole Jeep apart.

I also removed my Goose Gear tailgate table and added Sound Assassin any place I could on the tailgate. The last thing I did was to line the entire back of the GG table with the Siless foam liner. Closing the table now is a very solid click into place.

We did a fair amount of driving today, with a good mix of 80mph interstate, county/state highways, and country roads. Gone are the days that we yell to have a conversation while driving, and the stereo volume is significantly lower too.

While it was a longer, tedious project that goes completely unseen, I’m extremely pleased with the results. I wish I had done it much sooner.

We’re going to the Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion in August, and I’m no longer worried about the loudness on the interstate portions of the drive to get there.

View attachment 36974
This is sick, and thanks for the explanation of all that you did. Will need to add this to my future build parts list.

Supposedly, it is to help spotters with your Jeep in regard to the Jeep's axle position. Not sure how much it helps if any really, I'm thinking it has more to do with looks. Either way I like it.
I've got to say, I do like just the 2. Its interesting and makes people look twice.

Short list for my new 392 FE - (Hopefully headed to Telluride to run Badge of Honors later this month)

Interior -
Garmin XL
Midland Radio
WeBoost
Anvil Overland to mount it all
AAL Storage
Tazer Mini

Exterior -
RotopaX
TrailX mounts

Under -
Truss Kit