What are you going to modify first on your new 392?

Aside from the cargo tub, is the rear space in general any different(narrower where the rear speaker/subwoofer is) than other JLUs?

Do you think rear seat delete kits made for 2018+JLUs would fit? Or, would the 392 need new stuff to be developed for it, in your opinion?
Other than the storage tub, the entire back area appears to be exactly the same between a JLU and a 392.

Why? Not a fan of bronze?

37” Nitto trail grapplers. 18” Black Rhino 9”w warlord wheels. Then a bull bar, roll bar grips with bronze(if found), replace antenna with something black or bronze (black Jeep), shoulder armor maybe, new lights maybe, tail light armor.
I'm going full sleeper mode !

Looking for recombination

ZEON and VR EVO warn Winches​

Maximus or other plate
And what lights and bar ?

GMRS radio
Tailgate table
Kill switch
Hoist to remove hard top
Yes, the tailgate table I’m thinking is a MUST... we added the tie downs so we’re good there - although I realized they are on the floor, not on the side so the jury is still out on that??

Remove all badging [Jeep, 392, Wrangler, Rubicon] and paint the tow hooks black. Then paint the internals of the frame with two coats of Eastwood internal frame paint.
Eastwood is the stuff to get, I always use the rust encapsulator as my undercoating on jeeps, I hate rust and thats all these things do from being off road and the build of them! I guess my mechanic told me to switch to oil based paint but I like the thicker stuff as I don't have to repaint as often!

The rear cargo tub on the 392 is much smaller than the other JLU's. From what I can tell it is because the 392 Exhaust pipe drops down through that space and there is additional heat shielding up in there.
It's just that storage space under the carpet flap that is smaller from the exhaust right? Like I honestly think the cargo area is the same size other than that little storage area in it

Jeep wants everyone who buys a 392 to think the parts and car in general are hard to work on or are unique and special, but I think its all just a money making scheme...most wrangler jlu parts will fit on this car...they just charged us 75k mostly for the engine and exhaust upgrades, in my opinion!

Remove all badging [Jeep, 392, Wrangler, Rubicon] and paint the tow hooks black. Then paint the internals of the frame with two coats of Eastwood internal frame paint.
To paint the frame internals,

Do you remove the frame to do this or do you just lift it or crawl under and spray into existing holes using the extension nozzle? Do you recommend adding any drain holes for moisture? Best to do this when brand new, I’m assuming? Thanks.

Eastwood is the stuff to get, I always use the rust encapsulator as my undercoating on jeeps, I hate rust and thats all these things do from being off road and the build of them! I guess my mechanic told me to switch to oil based paint but I like the thicker stuff as I don't have to repaint as often!
Do you just paint the outer surface from underneath with the encapsulator?

Is the Eastwood encapsulator product comparable to Fluid film?

Looking for recombination

ZEON and VR EVO warn Winches​

Maximus or other plate
And what lights and bar ?
Or, a Warren Zevon:

729A7B03-FF62-4DD5-B197-9787EEBBB4F6.jpeg
Owwooooo

Do you just paint the outer surface from underneath with the encapsulator?

Is the Eastwood encapsulator product comparable to Fluid film?
I actually try to get as many areas underneath the car as I can, obviously avoiding heat shields or anything that gets super hot (mostly the frame and car body or random rock protector shields, etc.), it takes me like 4hrs but I mean it lasts for like 4-5yrs because the rust encapsulator like stops current rusting and then prevents future rusting as well...but they have a beautiful rust encapsulator spray I use on axles or any areas I see a lil rust that needs touch up...the rust encapsulator in a bucket is actually more thin then you would think going on but it dries really thick and tacky

I actually try to get as many areas underneath the car as I can, obviously avoiding heat shields or anything that gets super hot (mostly the frame and car body or random rock protector shields, etc.), it takes me like 4hrs but I mean it lasts for like 4-5yrs because the rust encapsulator like stops current rusting and then prevents future rusting as well...but they have a beautiful rust encapsulator spray I use on axles or any areas I see a lil rust that needs touch up...the rust encapsulator in a bucket is actually more thin then you would think going on but it dries really thick and tacky
But again my mechanic and most more knowledgeable jeepers use oil based because I think it stops moisture more? But they have to apply it every year or two, so more frequently

Haven't figured out the direct messaging for this site yet. Lowered mine as well with Eibach springs. Installed the full set of BWoody suspension upgrade goodies available for the vehicle along with an Eibach rear sway bar. Difference in handling is night a day... corners like a slot car and the front end does not lift anymore on hard acceleration and shifting.
I have not figured out how the site works yet, but I like what I read from everyone. The info you provided is greatly appreciated. I also want to create more stability, and it looks like you have accomplished that. I will check into doing pretty much the same thing. Thanks

Interesting perspective....my black 2013 with a 3.5 inch lift and 37x12.5 toyo MT
Red 392 I picked up today, drove it 2 miles to tire shop and put 37x13.5 Toyo MTs. Look at the height comparison

Attachments

• 9025F616-62A3-4524-8AF0-0D9E6F6873AB.jpeg
    9025F616-62A3-4524-8AF0-0D9E6F6873AB.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 320
And that’s what I did first...Toyo MT 37x13.5x20 on bronze Fuel Rebels. Tazer Mini, teraflex HD Carrier. Fox Stabilizer bar sitting in the Garage next to the Warn winch. I’m bleeding money it seems. My wife said it looked wimpy before the wheels, not anymore tho. A before and a couple after pics.

Attachments

• D8ACCD9A-037B-4B94-B4D5-B85076194D94.jpeg
    D8ACCD9A-037B-4B94-B4D5-B85076194D94.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 534
  • A22ACAB1-E2DB-4E2B-903A-C7BEB46935ED.jpeg
    A22ACAB1-E2DB-4E2B-903A-C7BEB46935ED.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 540
  • 7A5FD08D-4ECE-4850-A37F-D3B5C1048AEB.jpeg
    7A5FD08D-4ECE-4850-A37F-D3B5C1048AEB.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 557
  • 362C2FE0-B48A-472D-8B4F-3449896391FC.jpeg
    362C2FE0-B48A-472D-8B4F-3449896391FC.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 548
  • 243369D5-7691-4474-9863-523C0FD01A17.jpeg
    243369D5-7691-4474-9863-523C0FD01A17.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 532
And that’s what I did first...Toyo MT 37x13.5x20 on bronze Fuel Rebels. Tazer Mini, teraflex HD Carrier. Fox Stabilizer bar sitting in the Garage next to the Warn winch. I’m bleeding money it seems. My wife said it looked wimpy before the wheels, not anymore tho. A before and a couple after pics.
I like the firecracker red color, looks good and congrats on it! Obviously the 37" tires on your jeeps look awesome as well!

Looks really good... did you have to use any kind of spacers?

I plan to go straight to 37s. Not sure if I will stick to stock wheels or not. Mine will be Sarge Green. I’ll also be adding my warn 12s winch that is currently on my Gladiator.

I plan to go straight to 37s. Not sure if I will stick to stock wheels or not. Mine will be Sarge Green. I’ll also be adding my warn 12s winch that is currently on my Gladiator.

Back