What are you going to modify first on your new 392?

Not the first mod, but took some of yours advice and ordered the Bulletpoint Mounting System. Installed it over the weekend and am really pleased with it.

View attachment 3625
I like my bulletpoint system but I ordered a drivers and passenger ball mount set up so I still had room for my sunglasses between them.

What are you going to modify first on your new 392? Or are you going to wait?
Tint windows
Add step
XR Tuscadero freedom top Loaded every option

Attachments

• C8C6DE68-6F2C-486F-AF8F-8E82E29CE4AE.jpeg
    C8C6DE68-6F2C-486F-AF8F-8E82E29CE4AE.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 132
  • D216FF6F-86DC-42EA-BA4B-B33ACE4B683A.jpeg
    D216FF6F-86DC-42EA-BA4B-B33ACE4B683A.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 130
  • EAEF3804-FB1F-4388-9619-E5C8AA64DB57.jpeg
    EAEF3804-FB1F-4388-9619-E5C8AA64DB57.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 136
So far This is what I have done to the 392:

1. Had the dealer remove the JEEP and unlimited badging from the front side panals.
2. Driver & Passenger door window tint
3. Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels and 37" BFG KM3s
4. Warn EVO VR10S Winch using the Mopar winch mount kit
5. Mopar trailer brake controller where the 12V outlet was in the dash. (No place to put a RedArc brake controller knob in the dash)
6. Installed Tazer Mini with optional wiring (no photo)
7. Midland 25 watt GMRS radio (Call sign WRCM696)
8. Pedal Commander's PC78 performance tuner
9. Mopar spare tire relocation bracket and brake light relocater kit
10. BarTact rear seat covers. Waiting for the front seat covers to become available.
11. Installed small plastic covers over the door latches on the pillars and rear tailgate to tidy up the look in that area.

Waiting on ACE Engineering Rocker guards. ACE was bought by Steinjager in June so they are backed up on orders because of the move from Michigan to Illinois.
What color insert did you select for the Bartact? Coyote or khaki?

Hi Friends - Has anyone replaced the front/rear differential covers with ones that have drain holes? The ‘22s covers require all the mounting bolts to be undone (like traditional covers). Any suggestions on MOPAR or good aftermarket covers? THanks!

Hi Friends - Has anyone replaced the front/rear differential covers with ones that have drain holes? The ‘22s covers require all the mounting bolts to be undone (like traditional covers). Any suggestions on MOPAR or good aftermarket covers? THanks!

I replaced with Yukon diff covers when I regeared.

What are you going to modify first on your new 392? Or are you going to wait?
By dealrship brfore I drive it home.
35s BFG KO2s
Rockslide Engineering steps

At home:
Program buttons for garage and subdivision gate.
Shorty antenna
Billet pedals
Front bumper winch guard.
Mobil 1 decal o back window.
Window tint
More decals
Locking gas cap
Body frame plug kit

Most of the items are on my work bench waiting..... and waiting..... Oh yea still waiting....

Whose wheels are those? Actual bead locks? Looks great!
Thanks for the compliment!
Method wheels from 4Wheelparts. Beadlocks are fake and are part of the wheel casting and do not come off.

Thanks for the compliment!
Method wheels from 4Wheelparts. Beadlocks are fake and are part of the wheel casting and do not come off.
Method racing makes the best wheels IMO.

Method racing makes the best wheels IMO.
We had Methods on our 2021 2 dr. Rubicon and I had to have set.
I also like Fuel wheels, but they are pricey.

I might adjust the seat, and change the radio station.

I made a ton of mods to my Bronco. I was happiest after I removed most of them. The only ones I really kept were the Fox / Camburg suspension (because Badlands’ stock one sucks) and some bumper mounted lights.

Here are all the mods I have on order for install in the next 3-4 weeks (round1). There are 1-2 upgrade phases beyond this, but mostly I want to let the jeep run as-is. The 35's that came with my 20A are sufficient, as is the 4.56 gearing.

Overall goal/principles: overlanding, and pulling a patriot X3 camper. Function/purpose over looks, bigger isn't always better.

Round 1 mods:
1. Factor 67 phone mount - Pre-'24 392's do not support wireless carplay. So I'm using factor 67 rail for phone and gopro or anything else. That with a proclip USA mount so my phone slides into a dock and connects to cable (without having to remove magsafe wallet). \

2. Genright raw aluminum stubby front bumper and rear bumper, rash guards, fender flares, and inner liners Why: increase articulation, reduces overall weight. I live in Del Mar CA by the ocean so everything corrodes out here, except for aluminum. Fender flares are strong enough to stand on, and they are *flat* so you can put cup of coffee on them and/or jetboil without sliding off. I know, sounds stupid, but for me kinda big deal. I have genright bumpers/fenders on my 2008 rubicon and love them.

3. Warn Zeon 10-S winch. Get's me and friends out of a jam. Having a winch and jumper cables tends to score free beer from time to time.

4. Falcon Shocks (392 specific version) - having the ability to dial shocks from very firm to very soft and everything in between is priceless. I won't be rock crawling so I don't need coilovers for my usage. But being able to firm up the shocks helps when driving in high winds, pulling trailers, or if if you're using a roof top tent. Then dialing it soft for washboards and dirt trails.

5. Baja Design lights - Driving on trails in the middle of the night trying to find a trail cut off or camping spot. LP4's mounted to front bumper, and squadron pro's mounted to a-pillars.

6. KC Cyclone rock lights (amber). - sometimes you want to light up area around you jeep, but not have it totally blow out your night vision.

General things in Round2 upgrades:

* rear storage platform, fridge, drawers.
* 2x Li batteries with Redarc controller
* ARB air compressor (under seat)
* pull power to the rear for anderson power pole connectors (to charge x3 trailer)

I'll update with pics once each phase is complete, but hope this is helpful information, not just for what to upgrade, but to cover the 'why' side of it as well.

Back