What’s the most under msrp I can get near SoCal?

Mnext02

Reaction score
I want to order one. Best deal I can get is where and how long will it take?

Thx!!!!

Thx!!!!
I spent several days calling and visiting SoCal dealers and pretty much every one practically laughed at me at the mention of moving a unit for MSRP, much less below! Some lied and said they couldn't be ordered, or said if they put in an order that there was no guarantee the factory would even build the unit. So much BS.

I (and several other of our SoCal forum members) ended up ordering out of state with a trusted forum vendor. Many of us fly out to pick it up and drive it home, and some use a transport company to pick it up and deliver it.

The way I see it, go with one of the dealers who are doing a ton of volume under MSRP (I used Granger, for instance). They have the process DOWN. You'll be price protected. You'll have peace of mind. For 6k under MSRP, you can transport the vehicle for a couple grand and still come out WAYYY ahead of any deal I was able to find in SoCal.

That's my $0.02!

Oh, and as to your second question, there are several threads about order process and status updates so you can investigate how long it took for everyone else. Looks like non-XRs are averaging faster. Expected range is between 4-8 months. I would expect 6 months. Mine just hit the dealership a couple days ago and is ready as of TODAY! Just waiting on a call from finance. I ordered Jan 20th, so 29 weeks for me! I think most people are averaging quicker nowadays, though.

Last edited:
+1 to taking your business out of state to one of the dealers who support the folks on this forum (Granger is an example).

Don't bother with giving any more pennies to the unscrupulous dealers in CA.

I spent several days calling and visiting SoCal dealers and pretty much every one practically laughed at me at the mention of moving a unit for MSRP, much less below! Some lied and said they couldn't be ordered, or said if they put in an order that there was no guarantee the factory would even build the unit. So much BS.

I (and several other of our SoCal forum members) ended up ordering out of state with a trusted forum vendor. Many of us fly out to pick it up and drive it home, and some use a transport company to pick it up and deliver it.

The way I see it, go with one of the dealers who are doing a ton of volume under MSRP (I used Granger, for instance). They have the process DOWN. You'll be price protected. You'll have peace of mind. For 6k under MSRP, you can transport the vehicle for a couple grand and still come out WAYYY ahead of any deal I was able to find in SoCal.

That's my $0.02!

Oh, and as to your second question, there are several threads about order process and status updates so you can investigate how long it took for everyone else. Looks like non-XRs are averaging faster. Expected range is between 4-8 months. I would expect 6 months. Mine just hit the dealership a couple days ago and is ready as of TODAY! Just waiting on a call from finance. I ordered Jan 20th, so 29 weeks for me! I think most people are averaging quicker nowadays, though.
Thank you. That’s what I suspected but wanted it confirmed. California is a big state, you would think one dealer could be like Granger and get a ton of business but no I guess.

Thx!!!!
Would highly recommend going out of state to granger, just picked mine up today, and was the most seamless car deal(was in and out in 20 minutes. They also respect the price at signing if jeep raises prices after the fact.

Thank you. That’s what I suspected but wanted it confirmed. California is a big state, you would think one dealer could be like Granger and get a ton of business but no I guess.
Man, I thought so too. I heard Hemet CDJR *might* do something reasonable, but it was a secondhand whisper of a rumor. Could be worth asking.

I'm just gonna fly out and pick mine up and take a leisurely drive back. There are a couple stops I'm looking forward to making on the way home. The route from Granger to Los Angeles actually drives corner-to-corner through Colorado and Utah, so I expect it'll be a gorgeous drive!

If you do hear anything back about a sub-MSRP deal in CA, be sure to report back here!

That's my $0.02!

Don’t count on being price protected at Chapmans! I’m dealing with them right now on one and it’s not looking good!

• Useful
Reactions: dog
Oh man, respecting that break in period on that wide open highway on the way back.

But yeah, go to a high volume. I always try to support the local guy, but I’ve been screwed over too many times by dealerships, so I no longer have any issues with going to a high volume place.

Luckily the service department at my local Jeep dealership is great.

Don’t count on being price protected at Chapmans! I’m dealing with them right now on one and it’s not looking good!
Did they have you sign anything with price on it up front? I’m guessing ’no’ if you’re having issues.

Speaking of that, that’s how I got screwed over by a local ford dealership. He said “gentleman’s agreement”. He is not a gentleman. Far from it. Lesson learned.

Ive been calling around all day to see if anyone will honor the 1% below MSRP affiliate pricing and so far, I have gotten no's and a few maybe (call monday) type of responses. Many got a chuckle which is something you never want to hear from a sales person as a customer.

Autonation in Phoenix is doing 3% under invoice. Ordered mine back in July. Tom Schnelle helped me out after I saw him posting in the local facebook group. You do have to finance through them, but no dealer addons, and financing doesn't have any added rate or anything and is based on your credit with all the banks they work with. Even said they would use my preferred bank first since they work with them anyway.

Thx!!!!
Feel free to send me your build. I have 4 builds from Ca already and I look forward to working with you also. [email protected]
I’ll build and price for you and then you can let me know if you want to roll with it .. Thx Jody@Bolton

I would agree with others. I'm in Northern California and I reached out to 100+ miles beyond my home base with some hope but I was able to get MSRP with a dealer I bought a car with before many years ago. Most of them are rolling 10 to 30 thousand over MSRP which is so greedy. The wait is at least 5-7 months so be patient. Also, if you do go with a dealership stay on top of them with everything written before you make your order.

Pay me $2k.
I’ll drive it back to you from any state in the lower 48.
I’ll honor the break in period, post pics along the way, you can track me, etc.

I work globally.
A drive across the US won’t be difficult. Done a few times this year and about 1-2x per year on average.

Makes me think, maybe I should offer personalized car delivery services. 🤔

Reactions: dog
Did they have you sign anything with price on it up front? I’m guessing ’no’ if you’re having issues.

Speaking of that, that’s how I got screwed over by a local ford dealership. He said “gentleman’s agreement”. He is not a gentleman. Far from it. Lesson learned.
I sign my build out with 3% under price and send you copy - I have had ppl fly in and drive there’s back. Or come in with their trade and even had a 3rd party transport comp deliver. Personal preference

Autonation Phoenix is the only dealer near the West Coast I've found that is doing 3% under invoice. Email Tom [email protected]. I've had mine on order since Jul 9th, unfortunately no movement on the build itself, but he did send me the VIN.

Back