W A R N I N G ! ! !

OP
OP
G

Gabreal V

Reaction score
Current Rides
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
There are other stories of dealers trying to pull this type of stunt. They get someone who walks in willing to pay $20k ADM. This practice needs to be reported to Jeep, at a minimum.
I have a call into Jeep.. waiting for a response..

OP
OP
G

Gabreal V

Reaction score
Current Rides
I agree....Not that it really matters, but did you have a deposit down and any kind of receipt or contract from them?

I would at least cause them some grief with FCA if I could. This kind of behavior needs to be punished purely based on principal. Vultures!
I’ve have a deposit on the vehicle since January.. I have all corresponding documents..

OP
OP
G

Gabreal V

Reaction score
Current Rides
Wonder if he can pull up window sticker. My name was literally on the window sticker. He should try to find a lawyer to scare the dealer with a lawsuit.
I have a copy of the window sticker.. but my name is not on it.. if you know of a good lawyer let me know..

OP
OP
G

Gabreal V

Reaction score
Current Rides
The key questions are... Was it a Customer Sold order or was it a dealer stock allocation order that they customized for him? Was there a deposit on the order? Does the OP have a POC (Priced Order Confirmation) listing his information as the buyer? If it was a Customer Sold order and the OP has a POC, then he needs to get in touch with RamCares/Chat and inform them, Ram dings dealers hard for not selling (especially selling out from under) to the named customer on the POC. If there was a deposit he may actually have legal action against the dealership either through the state's consumer protection agency/attorney general's office or privately for breach of contract.
Thank You for your advice.. definitely the best so far.. this was a sold ordered Jeep with my name on it.. they have had my deposit since January.. I am looking at perusing legal action against the dealership..

OP
OP
G

Gabreal V

Reaction score
Current Rides
I am so sorry this happen but I think we need more details if available. I am watching my dealership weekly due to an underlining level of trust and personally I would come unglued if this happen to me. I do hope you can get some resolve out of this situation with time.
I’m am beyond pissed.. check the Jeep page daily.. my original delivery date was October 3.. I checked back and it came in early.. arrived on September 22 and sold on September 25..

OP
OP
G

Gabreal V

Reaction score
Current Rides
Definitely need more details of the entire transaction before I can get ALL CAPS MAD!!!!!!!! View attachment 7307
Ordered January 31 deposit paid..
Updated order to a 2023 June 3
In production August 25
Vehicle built August 29
Vehicle shipped September 2
Vehicle arrived September 22
Vehicle sold September 25

Judgementsrt8

Reaction score
In production August 25
Vehicle built August 29

I have a copy of the window sticker.. but my name is not on it.. if you know of a good lawyer let me know..
when I pulled up my window sticker for my jeep it never showed my name on it. It however was on the window sticker at delivery. So if you looked at a copy off the jeep site your name most likely may not show on it but if your ordered the jeep then the sticker on vehicle should have had your name on it.

Damnright

Reaction score
Current Rides
Sahara jlu heavily modified. Explorer ST. Tacoma TRD Pro
Thank You for your advice.. definitely the best so far.. this was a sold ordered Jeep with my name on it.. they have had my deposit since January.. I am looking at perusing legal action against the dealership..
Do it! Some things are worth the money

Electrified

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 392 XR, 2015 Ford F250 4-Door, 4-Wheel Drive, 6.7l Powerstroke
In production August 25
Vehicle built August 29
In production August 25
Vehicle built August 29
What have they told you about your deposit? I am just floored that they took your money and then sold your Jeep in 3 days. I know the deposit is not the big question, I'm just curious as to what they say they even took a deposit for?

OP
OP
G

Gabreal V

Reaction score
Current Rides
What have they told you about your deposit? I am just floored that they took your money and then sold your Jeep in 3 days. I know the deposit is not the big question, I'm just curious as to what they say they even took a deposit for?
To be honest.. they just don’t care.. they are panicking right now.. they seem to think they can get me another Jeep with the same options..

Damnright

Reaction score
Current Rides
Sahara jlu heavily modified. Explorer ST. Tacoma TRD Pro
To be honest.. they just don’t care.. they are panicking right now.. they seem to think they can get me another Jeep with the same options..
They should not have put you in that position to begin with. They are wasting your most valuable asset. Your limited time!

YukonCornelius

Moderator 🛠️
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
A Quarter Horse Named "Lex"
I feel your pain @Gabreal V
Had a dealer tell me they wanted $20k ADM after it came in, from a sold order with a pretty large deposit. When I balked, they basically told me the next guy will. And someone did. Next dealer pulled the same thing, but did it long before delivery: salesperson told me GM was taking mine for “inventory” because mine was one of two they got allocated. Told them I call BS on a “sold order” being taken for inventory and walked again. Long story short, it took 19 months of me trying every which way from sundown to get one. I truly hope you get the 392 long before you settle with that jack@$$ of a dealer. Still pursue it, but make getting the thing your first priority!

OP
OP
G

Gabreal V

Reaction score
Current Rides
I feel your pain @Gabreal V
Had a dealer tell me they wanted $20k ADM after it came in, from a sold order with a pretty large deposit. When I balked, they basically told me the next guy will. And someone did. Next dealer pulled the same thing, but did it long before delivery: salesperson told me GM was taking mine for “inventory” because mine was one of two they got allocated. Told them I call BS on a “sold order” being taken for inventory and walked again. Long story short, it took 19 months of me trying every which way from sundown to get one. I truly hope you get the 392 long before you settle with that jack@$$ of a dealer. Still pursue it, but make getting the thing your first priority!
I have been following your threads for quite some time.. my situation doesn’t even come close to yours.. I appreciate your feedback and your advice.. desperate people do desperate things during desperate times.. that’s really what it is.. the Jeep community is strong and the response I’ve received has been amazing.. I really appreciate being a Jeep owner..

Thank You..

CBH

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Rubicon 392 2021 GLE 450
I feel your pain -- I’ve been in the same situation -- I wanted to sue as well; however, because the dealer returned my $500 deposit I suffered "no material loss," except the loss of the use of the $500 while waiting for my car to arrive. If you can find a lawyer who will take your case on contingency, then maybe its worth your time. I definitely wouldn’t pay a lawyer to persue this case.

Mikeylikesit

Founding Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain -- I’ve been in the same situation -- I wanted to sue as well; however, because the dealer returned my $500 deposit I suffered "no material loss," except the loss of the use of the $500 while waiting for my car to arrive. If you can find a lawyer who will take your case on contingency, then maybe its worth your time. I definitely wouldn’t pay a lawyer to persue this case.
Guess I was lucky. I had GM of dealer sign a statement on the sales sheet indicating the sale is at sticker. I signed under his name so it was a contract.
At delivery they tried to get 550 for detailing I was laughing so hard almost peed myself. I said we have a legal contract and you don’t want me as a partner in the dealership. Then I drove away.

bwoodbmw

Reaction score
Current Rides
Disco4
Bad stuff. How did they break the news to you that it was gone? Unfortunately your legal recourse here won't really make anything better. Your best play is to work with the A-holes and put a ton of pressure on them to get the car you want, as quickly as possible, at an improved price or with some goodies thrown in. I'm very much a realist on this stuff so the situation sucks, but the process of suing them isn't going to be worth the outcome (in my opinion as somebody in an industry that unfortunately deals with the legal system more than I'd like).

OP
OP
G

Gabreal V

Reaction score
Current Rides
Bad stuff. How did they break the news to you that it was gone? Unfortunately your legal recourse here won't really make anything better. Your best play is to work with the A-holes and put a ton of pressure on them to get the car you want, as quickly as possible, at an improved price or with some goodies thrown in. I'm very much a realist on this stuff so the situation sucks, but the process of suing them isn't going to be worth the outcome (in my opinion as somebody in an industry that unfortunately deals with the legal system more than I'd like).
Hi..
Thanks for your advice.. How did they break it to me… I showed up to the dealership with a bad feeling in my gut.. I spoke to the manager and informed him that I had received confirmation of my Jeep being delivered.. he asked me to wait.. After 30 min another manager asked me if I wanted my security deposit back and I replied that I wanted my Jeep.. after another 30 min they called me to the sales office and told me they sold my Jeep.. I got heated really quick.. I wanted then to explain why they would do something so unprofessional.. they told me they didn’t have to explain.. I was asked to leave the office and I refused.. then they told me to contact the GM and leave the dealership immediately.. On my way out I walked into the finance office and tried to find out what the hell was going on.. the woman in the office could not believe that they could do such a thing… she said to me I would be Pissed too.. at that point I realized I needed to leave because it wouldn’t have ended well.. at the end of the day I know it’s just a car.. but I just have a hard time getting taken advantage of and lied to..

CBH

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Rubicon 392 2021 GLE 450
Hi..
Thanks for your advice.. How did they break it to me… I showed up to the dealership with a bad feeling in my gut.. I spoke to the manager and informed him that I had received confirmation of my Jeep being delivered.. he asked me to wait.. After 30 min another manager asked me if I wanted my security deposit back and I replied that I wanted my Jeep.. after another 30 min they called me to the sales office and told me they sold my Jeep.. I got heated really quick.. I wanted then to explain why they would do something so unprofessional.. they told me they didn’t have to explain.. I was asked to leave the office and I refused.. then they told me to contact the GM and leave the dealership immediately.. On my way out I walked into the finance office and tried to find out what the hell was going on.. the woman in the office could not believe that they could do such a thing… she said to me I would be Pissed too.. at that point I realized I needed to leave because it wouldn’t have ended well.. at the end of the day I know it’s just a car.. but I just have a hard time getting taken advantage of and lied to..
It was painful reading this. It brought back the bad memories of that day when my local Land Rover dealer did the same thing to me....and that was 15 years ago! I feel your pain. I would definitely file a Better Business Bureau complaint and then write a letter to the CEO of Stellantis. He and others need to know what this dealership is doing to brand loyalty and trust....and it might help you unload some of your anger and frustration, that is entirely justified, but IMO bad for your health.

2023 Wrangler 392 - $6,000 OFF MSRP! Granger Motors

Just Bolt Ons.com StopwatchUSA.com Koons Jeep airRyd auto shipping MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana

Latest Discussions

🔥 Popular Amazon Products 🔥