UConnect Woes…

Jeepstin392

Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Current Rides
2017 Jeep GC SRT, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2023 Tesla, Model Y Performance, 2021 BMW M340i XDrive, 2018 Mini Cooper S "7"
hopefully this will help others to not make my mistake.

The good news? I rectified my WiFi issue by “restarting” the modem. How? Pull the fuse. And, don’t do this.
I have lost both cameras, auto temp control, XM satellite, mirror dimmer, etc., etc., etc.

Anybody ever do this? Some forums indicate it will recover and can take up to 24-48 hours.
if you have any advice until then, I’ll take it. If not, I’ll report back and let you know what I find out.

I do recall my GC srt took some time to come back to life after the battery went dead, but I never lost apps.

I’ve done this (on ‘18 Uconnect 4C) and lost satellite and couple apps, but never heard of/ experienced temp controls dropping. Anyways it was minutes, not hours, that they updated and returned. Sorry man, fingers crossed for you.

Update
I’ll post a similar comment on the WiFi thread.

After pulling the fuse to “reset the modem”, head unit went bonkers and back to normal after sitting overnight.
It was about 8 hours of time between reset and when I got in to drive this morning. The only thing I observed at this point is selections the display theme. This was the only thing it did not save.
Everything else is back to the way I had it set.

Back