Tuner?

Sting gray 392

Founding Member
Reaction score
Just had a conversation with an individual who has a 392 on order. He stated he had already ordered "a chip" that will give him 507 HP. Is this possible? Sources? Downsides? He also mentioned putting 35's on the jeep will " really slow it down ". So I ask the collective, BS or facts??

Guess I am naive as to what the " credits" they are talking about. Explanation please.

I was wondering the same thing...that might be for retailers or something. They better hurry and get it out there because I’m sure most of us with 392s are gonna have a JL Tazer

And I am not sure about the Tazer. The TRX folks have some very mixed reviews.

Exactly, the good thing about not getting mine this early is that some of these things will be tried and hopefully reviewed here before my wallet opens up

The only issue I have is waiting to put the 35's on as dealer will give me credit for the 33's on the tire swap. So I guess I need to decide if I want the look of larger tires or the performance of the 33's.

https://moparconnectionmagazine.com/hp-tuners-announces-tuning-support-for-2021-jeep-wrangler-392/

only thing I can find...don’t have mine yet so please feel free to try all these things first
This is what a professional tuner with a Dyno would use to tune out a motor. A guy locally uses this software to tune my supercharged JK. Good to know they already have support for it.

I don't know about a "chip" but a good tuner could probably find some power left behind by the factory tune. On my JK they found 20 hp and 30 tq to the wheel over the caned supercharger tune. No reason to think they could not find at least that on the 6.4, probably more.

Last edited:
The only issue I have is waiting to put the 35's on as dealer will give me credit for the 33's on the tire swap. So I guess I need to decide if I want the look of larger tires or the performance of the 33's.
Yeah the trade offs are real bro lol

Just had a conversation with an individual who has a 392 on order. He stated he had already ordered "a chip" that will give him 507 HP. Is this possible? Sources? Downsides? He also mentioned putting 35's on the jeep will " really slow it down ". So I ask the collective, BS or facts??
Dude aren't we all eventually super charging these whether it's now or in 5years lol

Well, not sure about that. But anything is in the realm of possibility!!
I was only kidding I won't be modifying mine for 5 years when this expensive beast is paid off lol...but I really can't wait to see what others do with this car here hahaha as all ideas fascinate me ultimately lol

Dude aren't we all eventually super charging these whether it's now or in 5years lol
Question is... what are the weaknesses/trouble spots to be revealed in other parts of the vehicle created by this engine upgrade? More to follow I'm sure...

Back