Tracking Order Status of Your Wrangler 392

crb123

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2021 Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0, 2017 Porsche Macan S

Was just searching and came across this link on jl wrangler forums as way to track the status of your Jeep 392 by window sticker and build sheet without going to Jeep Chat or asking your dealer. Not sure how helpful it will be since I just got my VIN today and it is not yet showing up to be tracked.

I placed my order back in 11/2020 and yet only have the VON, no VIN yet.
I was told my order would be started closer towards early summer... and that most 392s still pending delivery due to a "chip shortage"... whatever that means.

I was told my order would be started closer towards early summer... and that most 392s still pending delivery due to a "chip shortage"... whatever that means.
It's crazy that it is taking so long to get your VIN. I placed my order 12/21 and just got my VIN last Friday. From what I have read on this forum others placed their orders in Feb/March and got their VIN within a week. No rhyme or reason...

While these don't track your build status, they do provide the build sheet and Monroney sticker - if you already have a VIN (just replace/use your own VIN in the web address):

Buildsheet
Monroney

OPs post actually links to:
https://cryptostickers.net/

@mods - triage this post as necessary

Woot! just found out today I have a VIN... I have a purpose in life!!!

Last edited:
i ordered mine 1/11/21 picked mine up three weeks ago

FYI--my VIN is 699799; just got word today that they pushed my ETA from 4/20 to 4/30. Not real happy considering mine was ordered 11/19....

Ordered mine on 4/6/2021 and got a VIN on 4/10/2021, faster than even I imagined. No other updates since then.

Was just searching and came across this link on jl wrangler forums as way to track the status of your Jeep 392 by window sticker and build sheet without going to Jeep Chat or asking your dealer. Not sure how helpful it will be since I just got my VIN today and it is not yet showing up to be tracked.
Just ordered last sat no vin any idea how long till they deliver and deliver

Any news on chip situation I heard only problem in certain states

Just ordered last sat no vin any idea how long till they deliver and deliver
Sorry to say, but nobody, not even the dealer can answer that. For what is worth, when I ordered mine, my sales manager said 8-12 weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry to say, but nobody, not even the dealer can answer that. For what is worth, when I ordered mine, my sales manager said 8-12 weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.
My guess is they will start building end of June

While these don't track your build status, they do provide the build sheet and Monroney sticker - if you already have a VIN (just replace/use your own VIN in the web address):

Buildsheet
Monroney

Last few days I've noticed something weird going on with the buildsheet and Monroney sticker sites -
My original links pointed to Jeep.com and now they only work sporadically, and for some reason, not with all VINs.

BTW, it doesn't matter if you use Jeep.com or Chrysler.com, etc... they should all work the same.

Buildsheet
Monroney

It's my understanding that the monroney sticker won't appear until the Jeep is actually a built unit.

Ordered mine on 4/6/2021 and got a VIN on 4/10/2021, faster than even I imagined. No other updates since then.
New update from Jeep chat:
"(4/21/2021, 4:08:35 PM): Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your Order Passed edit and is available for schedule and is Pending availability of production capacity.Please reach out to the Selling Dealer as they may have a more accurate date of arrival or status for you."

- Ordered my 392 on 02/05
- Received Vin on 02/26 with status D - Firm schedule.serial number is assigned
- On 03/13 Received Production date of 04/22
- Today on 04/21 dealer texted me that it just went into paint and should be fully built within a couple days
- Happy day, looks very close to the production schedule of 04/22.
- Dealer is selling at MSRP, no markups... Kansas Dealer says it should be here within a month.

- Ordered my 392 on 02/05
- Received Vin on 02/26 with status D - Firm schedule.serial number is assigned
- On 03/13 Received Production date of 04/22
- Today on 04/21 dealer texted me that it just went into paint and should be fully built within a couple days
- Happy day, looks very close to the production schedule of 04/22.
- Dealer is selling at MSRP, no markups... Kansas Dealer says it should be here within a month.
WoooHooo!

All I know is jeep is pissing me off with this stupid 392...I went to one dealer put a 1k deposit down and they told me 4-5months, so I walk and find another dealer who made me buy their order as is, but they have it in c schedule for the past 6 days now...no Vin #, just a von # and of course slowest process ever...my sister just ordered a regular wrangler Sahara, of course that has a Vin and is moving along much faster and smoother than my order...makes u wonder if the 392 is even worth it?

Back