Ted392 Mods

Ted392

Reaction score
Current Rides
Toys
So I thought I would start a mod thread for my 2022 392XR Sting Gray, aka Zippy.
20220821_130611.jpg

I have done a few small and simple mods to date since it arrive in mid Aug.

Installed the Redline hood strut lift kit. Nice setup. The cutting is unfortunate but required. That hood is heavy and the prop rod gets hot so this kit helped me a lot.
20220907_165805.jpg

Dead pedal, a knock of one, just to try. Easy install and adjustable.
20220907_165326.jpg

Mopar/Jeep tailgate table. Very useful for all sorts of reasons, mostly food!
20220907_163722.jpg

Mopar longer lower front LCA's.

Fox adjustable ATS steering stabilizer. Another easy install. Mind the carriage bolt change (6510774AA)
20220910_112205.jpg
20220910_112125.jpg

Weather Tech mud flaps, all 4. Mostly for protection against self inflicted rock wounds.

Bullet-point mounts, both, for phone and Go-pro. I reused the tray liner by drilling a hole at each to slip over the mount. Added some extra 3m tape to secure ends down.
23983.jpeg

20220913_193346.jpg

Hotheads headliner and panels pads for the SOT. Pretty easy install.
20220913_193438.jpg

Next up is:
Warn VR EVO 10s winch with Warn plate and Factor55 flat link.
Full ppf wrap and ceramic coating
Ceramic tint for front door glass
Rock Slide Step sliders/LOD Destroyers
Engine/Transmission skid plate, maybe MORE?
Paint muffler black

Last edited:
Looks great.

Can you share which steering stabilizer you installed?

How do the mud flaps fit? When I looked at them Weathertech said that they did not work with the steel bumper group or xterms rubicon package. I may have looked at the wrong item. Definitely interested in them , if they will fit.

Thanks.

Looks great.

Can you share which steering stabilizer you installed?

How do the mud flaps fit? When I looked at them Weathertech said that they did not work with the steel bumper group or xterms rubicon package. I may have looked at the wrong item. Definitely interested in them , if they will fit.

Thanks.
Sure. Fox ATS racing series settable stabilizer.
23797.jpeg

Screenshot_20220912_210747.jpg

The weather techs fit and function as should. I don't know how long I'll keep them. Maybe next spring I'll change them to something else.
20220912_174140.jpg

Screenshot_20220912_210456.jpg

DI’d the stabilizer make a big difference in the overall driving feel from the wheel. had that on my list for a while. Went ahead with the winch and plate with the Mopar winch protector. Looks like we are doing the same just reversed a bit. Great looking jeep and would love any feedback.

DI’d the stabilizer make a big difference in the overall driving feel from the wheel. had that on my list for a while. Went ahead with the winch and plate with the Mopar winch protector. Looks like we are doing the same just reversed a bit. Great looking jeep and would love any feedback.
My winch stuff is on order.

My Jeep only has 200 miles on it with 20 of those with this Fox ATS and with the setting about halfway. It is a noticeable stiffer at that setting. As the miles go on I believe it will out perform the oem unit. Nothing wrong with 392 steering as is, I just like firm feedback.

Last edited:
I finished the headliner install. I did the velcro first and then waited 48 hours to attach the liner. Added picture to top thread and also posted picture of dash center tray liner fitted around the mounts.

Looking good.

Do you have the part number for the longer control arms?

Thanks.

My winch stuff is on order.

My Jeep only has 200 miles on it with 20 of those with this Fox ATS and with the setting about halfway. It is a noticeable stiffer at that setting. As the miles go on I believe it will out perform the oem unit. Nothing wrong with 392 steering as is, I just like firm feedback.
I’m the same way. Mine ordered today. Appreciate the help

Finished wiring in the winch solenoid and is activated through Aux4. Need to get a Mole pack for remote and cable. Nice that the remote is wireless and takes 3 aaa batteries.
Mount the solenoid on flat stock that are bolted to the 2 bolts near the back corner. Tight fit but serviceable. Routed cables through a plastic tubing wrap also.

next up, ppf
20220919_192748.jpg
20220919_192755.jpg
20220919_193724.jpg

Finished wiring in the winch solenoid and is activated through Aux4. Need to get a Mole pack for remote and cable. Nice that the remote is wireless and takes 3 aaa batteries.
Mount the solenoid on flat stock that are bolted to the 2 bolts near the back corner. Tight fit but serviceable. Routed cables through a plastic tubing wrap also.

next up, ppf
View attachment 7081View attachment 7082View attachment 7083
Thats clean, if you have any extra details on the solenoid bracket, I'd like to duplicate that. Thanks

The brackets are 2- 1.5"x3" and used the inner fender bolts to secure them. Then 2 holes, one in each bracket for attaching the solenoid. Place foam tape in back side of brackets to protect the paint.

I then used the supplied #10 bolts to secure solenoid. I shortened the #10 bolts down so they would not interfere with cables. You will need a ring terminal for the Aux wire. I used Aux4 for control. It's very rigid. Hope this helps.

20220920_194215.jpg
20220920_194236.jpg
20220920_194308.jpg

Well I got in new Fox shocks, 1" front leveling spacers and I decided in LOD Destroyers rails/steps. Before I add these , the 392 goes in for a full ppf this weekend. Hope to have it back in a week.

Be careful with the install, you don't want to get cancer... :ROFLMAO:

Back