Tazer Mini Install

I finally got it to work.....but in a round about way....I used the update cable and plugged into the Jeep USB port on the dash....the LED on the Tazer flashed red....put the EVIC in audio mode and the TAZER was present.....I then married it. Next went into the performance submenu and programed the tire size. So somehow the Tazer was not getting power through the SGW cable...strange to say the least....

I finally got it to work.....but in a round about way....I used the update cable and plugged into the Jeep USB port on the dash....the LED on the Tazer flashed red....put the EVIC in audio mode and the TAZER was present.....I then married it. Next went into the performance submenu and programed the tire size. So somehow the Tazer was not getting power through the SGW cable...strange to say the least....
Now you need the pedal commander. Much easier install.

Is anyone else having trouble removing the two SGW cable above the OBD2 connector? I assume I have to press-in a tab on each connector and pull at the same time to unplug the SGW cables. My Mitts just don't fit in that small space and I'm afraid of breaking the cable assembly or my hand...
Oh yes, it's a real bear. I watch several YT videos and still had a hard time finding the right two connectors. But I would say its worth it, it provides a lot of tweaking to my 392.

This is getting stranger by the minute, I reached out to a side door entry to z auto to try to get you some help. I am sure they will respond, I never knew how small of a company they were and there is another issue there that is certainly understandable as a reason why if you are asking for help from them they respond slow but not my business to share someone else's personal business but owner is a great guy and cares about his product and its reputation.

Lets see if we can get you taken care of.

are you sure you have this all wired correctly? please do not think I am doubting you or your mechanical abilities but I did almost wire it wrong until I full understood it.

you got a pic of the overall?

are you sure you have this all wired correctly? please do not think I am doubting you or your mechanical abilities but I did almost wire it wrong until I full understood it.

you got a pic of the overall?
Here's a picture of the two SGW connectors plugged into the Tazer. Like I said before the LED light on the Tazer doesn't turn on when plugged in to the SGW cables...therefore not powering it on and connecting to the EVIC. I then got the idea to power it up using the USB update cable supplied with the Tazer. I plugged on end of the USB cable to the media console and the other end to the Tazer....low and behold it the LED came on and it finally showed up on the audio display on the Jeep instrument panel....I was able to marry it and scroll through the menus and set the tire size...I then performed the two reboots as instructed. I removed the USB cable and the LED light went out......somehow the SGW cable is not supplying power to the Tazer....Another question....if I "unmarry" will the tire setting revert to stock?

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 89
Let me clarify that I am asking about the SGM connectors and the extender cables, where they are, what is plugged in them if any, etc.

Let me clarify that I am asking about the SGM connectors and the extender cables, where they are, what is plugged in them if any, etc.
The male plugs that where in the tight spot and hard to remove are the ones plugged into the tazer now. The extender cable male plugs go into the female connectors in the tight spot. If the tazer is removed...The male SGW plugs into the female plug on the extension cable....hope that is clear...

The male plugs that where in the tight spot and hard to remove are the ones plugged into the tazer now. The extender cable male plugs go into the female connectors in the tight spot. If the tazer is removed...The male SGW plugs into the female plug on the extension cable....hope that is clear...
crystal, all good. as far as the unmark and the tire size. thank you for reminding me I actually just re-married after a firmware update so I will let you know as I need to re-check. When I answer I will explain why I cant swear to it.

The Tazer mystery is solved....
The reason the Tazer LED was not coming on and not marrying to the Jeep is.....wait for this.....the SGW fuse F05 was blown...not sure what blew it ....I now have a functioning Tazer Mini...:):):)

Just installed my Tazer JL Mini with no issues. Velcro to another trim piece and everything is solid.

Is anybody getting a deal on the Tazer Mini? I think its been $329 everywhere. My Jeep should be shipped soon so its time for me to get one.

Is anybody getting a deal on the Tazer Mini? I think its been $329 everywhere. My Jeep should be shipped soon so its time for me to get one.
Paid $329

You can get one through River City Offroad with 10% off with the JLWrangler forum discount. I think the code is JLWF. Free shipping and no tax for me in CA.

You can get one through River City Offroad with 10% off with the JLWrangler forum discount. I think the code is JLWF. Free shipping and no tax for me in CA.
Works! Thank you! I was going to go with the Quadratec $25 gift card when ordering a programmer but there were taxes there so this turns out much better.

No issues here. Did mine in about 5 minutes. Pulled the panel (used a bone tool), contorted myself in the footwell, unplugged the wire harnesses, plugged in the Tazer Mini, velcro in place, panel back on.

ive done many mods on many vehicles in my time. Once you get the hang of doing these things, they go quicker. It’s often just not seeing or knowing how certain clips work that causes the frustration. And, in tight quarters, at times, if you don’t have the proper tools.

Back