Tazer JL and ForceRWD!!

Idaho392

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Rubicon 392, 2021 RAM 1500 Limited
Ok... switched on the ForceRWD option and I love it!! The steering is less "forced" and you can break the rear tires free just flooring it from a stop, even with traction control on. LOL

That feature alone made the Tazer worth the money. (y)

Anyone here know the real reason for full time 4wd in the 392? I was thinking it was because they did not think the rear axle only could handle the power.

Ok... switched on the ForceRWD option and I love it!! The steering is less "forced" and you can break the rear tires free just flooring it from a stop, even with traction control on. LOL

Great to hear…. My Tazer will be here tomorrow and looking forward to rear wheels only!

I saw this as an option with the tazer and thought it would be awesome! I was concerned how it was accomplishing it and wanted to make sure i wouldn't hurt anything else. Keep us updated if you run into any issues.

Does it help with the wandering steering?

Anyone here know the real reason for full time 4wd in the 392? I was thinking it was because they did not think the rear axle only could handle the power.
The thinking was with 2 wheel drive and that much power in a high center vehicle that those with out self control would be out of control. Probably made for me, I have been out of control on several occasions with bikes and cars. I have ordered some control but its backordered, supply chain issue.

Last edited:
Ok, force 2wd ...
Better mileage or any other benefits?

That was my guess as well... they (Jeep) didn't think people could handle all the power to just two wheels... spinning cookies in a parking lot and tipping it over, etc. I'm sure that's the reason the TRX is the same way.

I'm not sure how to really test the mileage... if there is any difference at all, I'm sure it's less than 1mpg that would show on the display.

I like the steering more in just RWD... it doesn't feel as stiff, especially when making sharp turns, etc... but you can also tell just driving down a straight road.

Be aware that when you enable force RWD, if you shift into 4H or 4L part time 4WD the front axle will still be disabled. You will need to turn off force RWD, reset the Tazer and do the 2 off cycles to restore normal function the the transfer case.

Be aware that when you enable force RWD, if you shift into 4H or 4L part time 4WD the front axle will still be disabled. You will need to turn off force RWD, reset the Tazer and do the 2 off cycles to restore normal function the the transfer case.
It’s a live feature. You can turn it on and off while driving in the tazer menu 😬😬😬

It’s a live feature. You can turn it on and off while driving in the tazer menu 😬😬😬
I have been wondering about this.......and I still don't know how it will work.

Time for a new button? ;)
jeep-wrangler-392-smokey-burnout-button.jpg

I was stuck on a waterfall when I realized the front axle wasn't working, couldn't get it to work by simply turning it off - had to reset it completely. Ask the group stuck behind me wondering what the hell I was doing :confused::cautious::sleep:

"Line Lock (excl. 4XE): While in 2WD,
press and hold the left arrow and cruise
set(+) buttons. Continue to hold and
pump the brakes twice, firmly. The Jeep
will stay held using only the front brakes
while you press on the accelerator to do
a burnout. “LineLock” will be displayed in
the cluster.
[When in Line Lock mode it] will automatically force RWD
on 392.
"

This is a cool feature, something everyone should try at least once.
With everything I've read/discovered, the reason why the 392 is Auto All Wheel Drive from the factory is in part because of safety, the jeep could very easily get squirrely on you. However, the primary reason is that it is simply too much torque for the rear-end to handle by itself on a continuous basis. Especially if you have added leveraged resistance due to oversized tires. 33" tires will break road traction much easier than 37" tires, 33" tires allows for torque 'relief' sooner as the rear tires burn-out. While the 37's are not breaking traction whereas the 33's normally would, that 'breaking force/torque' is applied elsewhere in your driveline.

With that, again, definitely something cool to try; however, I'd limit the use of the "Force RWD" and the "Line Lock" feature as it WILL lead to premature mechanical wear thus failure... and it may be a sudden failure as you hear something snap. In all reality my experience has shown that leaving it in 4 auto with the traction control disabled allows for a better, more controlled launch with minimal, where the rubber meets the road, traction loss.

Last edited:
Lets try not to be so blatant and obvious, big brother reads these forums and dont forget evert late model vehicle has a black box, manufacturers dont dive in to them unless it comes time to write big checks. TM and Pc's can turn in to big checks being written so lets not make it so easy for big brother to whip up a quick flash that reports ever vin that starts performing numbers that the stock vehicle can not and then flags the vin to have an inspection performed prior to big warranty claims being approved.

I have met a lot of guys in the car and manufacturing business and some of the things they tell me are shocking, they know a lot more than we thing and in many cases we spoon feed them the poison that kills us.

Catch my drift

Back