Tail gate inner 392 plate

Tomelis

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Hydro Blue 392
I’ve noticed in several videos on the 392 the info plate on the vehicles being reviewed is just the standard white JL plate. But mine is the gold color and 392 specific. Curious how many of you have your 392 and what plate is on the inside of the gate.

Attachments

• E0EB86B3-2460-4588-B8FD-7C3C79FEF894.jpeg
    E0EB86B3-2460-4588-B8FD-7C3C79FEF894.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 1,199
I’ve noticed in several videos on the 392 the info plate on the vehicles being reviewed is just the standard white JL plate. But mine is the gold color and 392 specific. Curious how many of you have your 392 and what plate is on the inside of the gate.
Mine has the standard data plate. That 392 one is a great piece.

Attachments

• 20210722_135500.jpg
    20210722_135500.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 206
Man I got a standard JL plate also, Just go off the phone with my dealer. He is going to see about getting me the correct one. Thanks for posting this!

I'm going to the parts department tomorrow to see if I can get one. I wonder if there are any regular wrangler's out there with 392 data plates.
My issue is the info is not correct on the silver JL plate. Seems something that should not have gotten past inspection especially since mine sat there for 2 weeks lol!!

My issue is the info is not correct on the silver JL plate. Seems something that should not have gotten past inspection especially since mine sat there for 2 weeks lol!!
How long have you had yours. I wonder if the earlier ones might be the ones with the wrong plates.

It was delivered tot the dealer on 7-5, picked it up on 7-11 so not very long.

It was delivered tot the dealer on 7-5 so not very long.
I guess timing doesn’t matter. I agree it shouldn’t have gotten thru the inspection. I’m sure if you push it they will get you the correct plate.

I guess timing doesn’t matter. I agree it shouldn’t have gotten thru the inspection. I’m sure if you push it they will get you the correct plate.
Yeah dealer said they would, they have done everything they said they would to this point, Makes me wonder how many are wrong. Mines not even the Rubicon plate says 30.5" water fording. You may have started a recall LOL!

Yeah dealer said they would, they have done everything they said they would to this point, Makes me wonder how many are wrong. Mines not even the Rubicon plate says 30.5" water fording. You may have started a recall LOL!
Went dealer today, parts guy could only fine the standard jl data plate he even talked to a tech and the standard one is the only one listed. I also talked to get general manager who has a 392 and his is the standard one. He's going to look into it. Buy the way my build date was on 5/21.

Went dealer today, parts guy could only fine the standard jl data plate he even talked to a tech and the standard one is the only one listed. I also talked to get general manager who has a 392 and his is the standard one. He's going to look into it. Buy the way my build date was on 5/21.
My build date was 6/21. Did you show them the picture of plate and if so did they have any comments

My build date was 6/21. Did you show them the picture of plate and if so did they have any comments
Yes I showed them both the 392 plate the parts guy wondered if maybe it was something you might have added but you can clearly see its the way you got it. I sent a pic to the GM so he had something he could reference. Hopefully we can get some kind of answer.

Yes I showed them both the 392 plate the parts guy wondered if maybe it was something you might have added but you can clearly see its the way you got it. I sent a pic to the GM so he had something he could reference. Hopefully we can get some kind of answer.
Hope it works out. I didn’t order anything special and that’s the way it came.

Just picked up my 392 yesterday after a 5 month wait! I also confirm the incorrect plate has been installed on the vehicle - got the regular "JL" silver plate, not the 392 plate.

Just picked up my 392 yesterday after a 5 month wait! I also confirm the incorrect plate has been installed on the vehicle - got the regular "JL" silver plate, not the 392 plate.
That’s crazy. I guess I just got lucky. I still haven’t heard if anyone has one like mine. Congrats on the 392.

Well I will see what the dealer comes back with but if I don't get a good answer I will reach out to corporate Jeep. I've seen it referenced in reviews so they probably ran out of them and just switched them on us.

Well I will see what the dealer comes back with but if I don't get a good answer I will reach out to corporate Jeep. I've seen it referenced in reviews so they probably ran out of them and just switched them on us.
Keep us updated on your progress. I’m curious what the response will be.

Same here…. Wrong plate (Standard JL). Reported to dealer. Still waiting to hear on the paint Jeep got wrong. I’ll add this to the list :(

Attachments

• 4F1A324F-AAA9-4DA0-8AC8-6BA731766CA5.jpeg
    4F1A324F-AAA9-4DA0-8AC8-6BA731766CA5.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 174
  • F11891C4-1D09-43F8-AA98-3FC91244EE54.jpeg
    F11891C4-1D09-43F8-AA98-3FC91244EE54.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 178
Same here…. Wrong plate (Standard JL). Reported to dealer. Still waiting to hear on the paint Jeep got wrong. I’ll add this to the list :(
I looked at your paint match issues wow. Who let that one thru QC. I hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction. I know how excited I was when the dealer called and said mine was here. So I can only imagine your disappointment. Good luck and keep us updated.

Back