Switching my 2022 392 to a 2023 392…

Hi..
New to this forum but have been a loyal Jeep owner since 1989..

I received a call from Jeep Cares last week regarding my 2022 392 order that I placed in January.. The representative said that she needed to speak with me regarding my 392 build I placed 4 months ago. After hearing all the news about the cancellation of the 392, I got a sick feeling in my stomach. I finally got a hold of the person who left the message and was offered an interesting offer. As mentioned in other posts the XR package is no longer available. I was given option of deleting the XR package and receiving the Jeep as a 2022, or keeping the XR package and accepting an additional 2 month wait for a 2023. When asked if I could upgrade to the 20th anniversary model I was told the only option was to keep the XR package and no other options could change. I obviously chose to wait for the 2023. They would not confirm what else might change with the 2023 392 but they did confirm that all new orders are closed for the model year. You heard that right, you officially cannot order a 2023 unless you are already waiting for a 2022. I also requested a email from Jeep stating that the dealer must accept my original MSRP from my 2022 order. This site has been very helpful and I just wanted to pass along the most current information that I have received. Thanks for reading this post.
 
Last edited:
Great news. My dealer claims 2023 392 order banks should open up next month. Its a large Jeep dealership so who knows what to believe.
 
Last edited:
Not to be “that guy”, but why call it a 2023 if it was ordered and delivered in 2022?
 
I’m assuming you meant 20th year anniversary model. That’s my main goal. Have a non XR 22 order in that just got put through last week.

If they put the I6 in a 20th A, it’s gonna be a tough one. If they keep a 20th A as a 392 (and I can get one), gonna be a no brainer.
 
Not to be “that guy”, but why call it a 2023 if it was ordered and delivered in 2022?
It all has to do with build dates.. Jeeps built after a certain month in the year will be considered 2023 model years..
 
I’m assuming you meant 20th year anniversary model. That’s my main goal. Have a non XR 22 order in that just got put through last week.

If they put the I6 in a 20th A, it’s gonna be a tough one. If they keep a 20th A as a 392 (and I can get one), gonna be a no brainer.
You are correct.. 20 year anniversary.. from what I understand only the preorders with the XR package have the option to be built later as 2023 models. They could absolutely decide on a V6 option..
 
Thanks I just reached out to my dealer on the one I have ordered. It's a 22 XR ordered in Dec, still in D status as of today.
 
I highly doubt Stallantis will spend large development funds to make the new I6 fit in the Wrangler. Stellantis is focused on pivoting to BEV's and the 2023 392 will most likely be the last hurrah for the V8.

Development work on the next generation Wrangler, BEV only, has most likely already started. Corporate got the green light from Wrangler owners after receiving strong demand for the Wrangler hybrid 4Xe.
 
Thanks I just reached out to my dealer on the one I have ordered. It's a 22 XR ordered in Dec, still in D status as of today.
I would definitely reach out to both dealer and Jeep Cares to see what your options are..
 
Hi..
New to this forum but have been a loyal Jeep owner since 1989..

I received a call from Jeep Cares last week regarding my 2022 392 order that I placed in January.. The representative said that she needed to speak with me regarding my 392 build I placed 4 months ago. After hearing all the news about the cancellation of the 392, I got a sick feeling in my stomach. I finally got a hold of the person who left the message and was offered an interesting offer. As mentioned in other posts the XR package is no longer available. I was given option of deleting the XR package and receiving the Jeep as a 2022, or keeping the XR package and accepting an additional 2 month wait for a 2023. When asked if I could upgrade to the 20th anniversary model I was told the only option was to keep the XR package and no other options could change. I obviously chose to wait for the 2023. They would not confirm what else might change with the 2023 392 but they did confirm that all new orders are closed for the model year. You heard that right, you officially cannot order a 2023 unless you are already waiting for a 2022. I also requested a email from Jeep stating that the dealer must accept my original MSRP from my 2022 order. This site has been very helpful and I just wanted to pass along the most current information that I have received. Thanks for reading this post.
I don’t understand. I ordered an XR in end January 2022 and now you saying that it may not be produced ?
 
I don’t understand. I ordered an XR in end January 2022 and now you saying that it may not be produced ?
No.. what I’m saying is Jeep is offering existing XR orders the option to delay their build because of a shortage of the XR package.. if you choose to delay your vehicle will be delivered sometime in August as a 2023 model.. contact your dealer or Jeep Cares for further details..
 
No.. what I’m saying is Jeep is offering existing XR orders the option to delay their build because of a shortage of the XR package.. if you choose to delay your vehicle will be delivered sometime in August as a 2023 model.. contact your dealer or Jeep Cares for further details..

I got it now sorry I misunderstood
2023 model in August 2022 sound too good to be true but why not lol
thank you
 
Does anyone know if they are doing the same thing for non 392 XR's? If not, it lends credibility to those who have said Jeep may have a quota for total production of 392 and 392 XR each model year.
 
Does anyone know if they are doing the same thing for non 392 XR's? If not, it lends credibility to those who have said Jeep may have a quota for total production of 392 and 392 XR each model year.
From what I was told by the Jeep representative, this only applies to pre existing orders with the XR package..
 
Does anyone know if they are doing the same thing for non 392 XR's? If not, it lends credibility to those who have said Jeep may have a quota for total production of 392 and 392 XR each model year.
They have stopped all new 392 orders. My guess is since pretty much every 392 was ordered as a XR as soon as the package was available, they have regular 392 quota left. I would assume 2022 XRs outnumber regular 392 built 2 to 1 at least, so they can build some more reg 392s to catch up.
 
Last edited:
They have stopped all new 392 orders. My guess is since pretty much every 392 was ordered as a XR as soon as the package was available, they have regular 392 quota left. I would assume 2022 XRs outnumber regular 392 built 2 to 1 at least, so they can build some more reg 392s to catch up.
That would be great ! MY Gobi regular 392 could be built quicker :)
They never offered Gobi with the XR
 
Another update on this situation. On a background as a refresh of my previous posts, I was one of the folks that got the call from Jeep offering to build my 392 as a 22MY without the XR package or wait longer and have it built as a 23MY with XR. I told the rep I wanted XR and was willing to wait and have it be a 23MY. I spoke with my dealer the next day and my rep said he was confused because the same day I got the call from Jeep my 392 went to D1 status with an ESD of 5/12/22, with the XR package still in the build.

Today I called back the Rep at Jeep who originally called me about the 23MY deferral. Told her about D1 status and asked for clarity. She said not to put too much faith yet in the D1 shift and ESD, and that they can’t be certain yet whether the deferral to MY23 will be necessary or not depending on how successful they are with XR parts procurement up until the time they have to retool and switch over to 23MY production at the plant. She says she confirmed in the system I want the XR package even if I have to wait longer and that’s all they needed to know. She further said she can’t predict which way it will go for certain but that I will either get a 22MY or a 23MY WITH the XR package for certain. Which MY it actually ends up being will entirely be dependent on timing of XR parts procurement and will happen automatically. I (we) will have no say in which MY it ultimately gets built as.

I would take all of the above with a grain of salt as Jeep seems to be making it up as they go along, but that’s the update as of today.
 
Another update on this situation. On a background as a refresh of my previous posts, I was one of the folks that got the call from Jeep offering to build my 392 as a 22MY without the XR package or wait longer and have it built as a 23MY with XR. I told the rep I wanted XR and was willing to wait and have it be a 23MY. I spoke with my dealer the next day and my rep said he was confused because the same day I got the call from Jeep my 392 went to D1 status with an ESD of 5/12/22, with the XR package still in the build.

Today I called back the Rep at Jeep who originally called me about the 23MY deferral. Told her about D1 status and asked for clarity. She said not to put too much faith yet in the D1 shift and ESD, and that they can’t be certain yet whether the deferral to MY23 will be necessary or not depending on how successful they are with XR parts procurement up until the time they have to retool and switch over to 23MY production at the plant. She says she confirmed in the system I want the XR package even if I have to wait longer and that’s all they needed to know. She further said she can’t predict which way it will go for certain but that I will either get a 22MY or a 23MY WITH the XR package for certain. Which MY it actually ends up being will entirely be dependent on timing of XR parts procurement and will happen automatically. I (we) will have no say in which MY it ultimately gets built as.

I would take all of the above with a grain of salt as Jeep seems to be making it up as they go along, but that’s the update as of today.
Super curious how this is going to play out - I got an email from the dealer yesterday that my Jan 21 392 XR order was now in D1 status and scheduled to be built and shipped by 5/17.

However, I don't see my build sheet on cryptostickers.net - now I'm wondering if I need to be concerned about a possible 23MY conversion...

I'll operate on the assumption that the dealer has some information that cryptostickers does not, and that I'll get a 22MY XR unless I hear different!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top