Super rad '87 XJ Laredo 4.0 I6 (but with salvage title and a ton of miles) - thoughts/advice?

dog

Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Current Rides
'22 392 XR ordered Jan 21 2022 -------------- Picked up Aug 22 2022!
A friend of mine is looking at (basically dirt cheap) jeeps to drive around town until his new order comes in. I figured I'd drop a line in here to see if anyone had any thoughts about this really rad looking 87 2dr XJ with the 4.0 in it. I know next to nothing about these old Jeeps, but I've heard nothing but great things about this engine, and this vehicle in particular seems to be a pretty clean specimen.

However, obviously the high mileage and salvage title contribute to its price, but also too the fair amount of skepticism he has about considering a purchase. Anyone have any experience with the 4.0, or with salvage titles specifically? I think he plans to buy it and resell it within a year or two, so maybe it's all meaningless to discuss in too much depth.

Any thoughts or prayers welcome :ROFLMAO:

A friend of mine is looking at (basically dirt cheap) jeeps to drive around town until his new order comes in. I figured I'd drop a line in here to see if anyone had any thoughts about this really rad looking 87 2dr XJ with the 4.0 in it. I know next to nothing about these old Jeeps, but I've heard nothing but great things about this engine, and this vehicle in particular seems to be a pretty clean specimen.

However, obviously the high mileage and salvage title contribute to its price, but also too the fair amount of skepticism he has about considering a purchase. Anyone have any experience with the 4.0, or with salvage titles specifically? I think he plans to buy it and resell it within a year or two, so maybe it's all meaningless to discuss in too much depth.

Any thoughts or prayers welcome :ROFLMAO:
Depends on what the salvage title really is frame damage or flooded if it's frame it probably won't drive strait and if its flood it will be electrical probs the other issue is that it has a carburetor not injected so depending on elevation depends how good it runs hope that helps

Reactions: dog
Both 4.0s and XJs are awesome, problem is they become a build project too.

Back