STOLEN Jeep 392 XR!!!!

It really is amazing how fast these tow guys can operate. Legit and otherwise. A few years ago I had an SUV that was dead, catastrophic failure caused by a bad engine oil sensor, and it needed towed to the dealer for service. It was parked at the end of my street. It wouldn't start or anything. The dealer said someone will be out shortly to get it. So about 20 minutes later I walk down the street so I can meet the tow truck and give him my keys. MY SUV WAS GONE. They took it that fast, and without the keys! Makes you wonder if some of these thieves got experience by working for tow truck companies.
Watched a time lapse video of a guy who had a hoist and dollies in his 2500 Dodge Ram.
it took him less than 90 seconds to hoist, dolly, move around, hoist up the other end and drive off. He did this to show just how quick it can happen.
90 seconds…

did you try to locate via Uconnect tracking? also suggest owl dash cams and tracki gps for any other owners.

did you try to locate via Uconnect tracking? also suggest owl dash cams and tracki gps for any other owners.
I actually JUST got my jeep and the dealer wouldn't let me leave without setting up the uConnect tracking. If I remember right (all the paperwork is a blur to me now o_O), you get that for the first year for free! Might be worth looking into.

@NEUNLFER -- I am so so so sorry to hear this has happened and so quickly after you received it! I hope it's found safe and sound

I actually JUST got my jeep and the dealer wouldn't let me leave without setting up the uConnect tracking. If I remember right (all the paperwork is a blur to me now o_O), you get that for the first year for free! Might be worth looking into.

@NEUNLFER -- I am so so so sorry to hear this has happened and so quickly after you received it! I hope it's found safe and sound
I have SirusXM Gaurdian activated in both my 2018 TrackHawk and my 2021 392 as well as Spot Trace tracking devices in both vehicles. Based on a post I read on the TrackHawk forum I'm not sure they are worth the mony for the subscriptions as far as theft prevention/recovery goes. An owner on the TrackHawk in the Detroit area was alerted that his vehicle was broken into by the Gaurdian system called the cops and gave them the location of the vehicle. He said none of the the Michigan cops (local police, sherrif or state police) would help him even though he was tracking the vehicle after it was stolen but provided no reason for the lack of support. He also wrote the Illinois cops would not help either when it crossed into that state. He said that the tracking signal stopped somewhere outside of Chicago a couple of days later.

Nope
In Denver, they use tow bars and dollies, as well as flat beds.

Truth is, if they want it, they’ll get it.
The MOPAR muscle cars are stolen in a similar fashion. The transmission is put into neutral by pulling the strap in the console and then pushing the car onto a trailer or down the street with another vehicle to get it to where they want it. Open the compartment, pull the orange strap in the picture and the Jeep in in neutral
tempImageOf7g2Q.png
tempImageSlvNNU.png
tempImagevTCfws.png
to go. Jeeps have the same vulnerability.

Last edited:
Back