STOLEN: Black 392 Wrangler

Is it my imagination, or, are the the OEM-style Hood Latches similar in shape to the Door Handles?
Lol. Good eye! Same shape.

On my current Jeep I used a Ravelco. It's a kill switch they can't get around without 4-5 hours work. I'll be getting one right away for the 392 when it comes in. Sorry this happened to you! I'm in Los Angeles and Jeeps are big targets for use in Mexico.

On my current Jeep I used a Ravelco. It's a kill switch they can't get around without 4-5 hours work. I'll be getting one right away for the 392 when it comes in. Sorry this happened to you! I'm in Los Angeles and Jeeps are big targets for use in Mexico.
Thanks for posting this, hadn't heard of them and now I'm 90% sure I'm going this route lol. Just curious, did the installer let you choose where to mount it?

Thanks for posting this, hadn't heard of them and now I'm 90% sure I'm going this route lol. Just curious, did the installer let you choose where to mount it?
Same here - I have already reached out to our local installer...

I want to sleep easy at night again.

Same here - I have already reached out to our local installer...

I want to sleep easy at night again.

Mine was installed yesterday - while I did have some choice of where I wanted it installed the piece of the system which you would want to choose your position has an armored conduit which will limit where it can actually go.

That said, you can go view previous installation pics on their website to see.

My installed location is down by my left knee and it appears to perform as advertised.

In Newark, NJ at airport parking lot. 8/19 1:20 am. Skytop, front camera, reinforced tailgate, BFG raised letter tires. Black Pennsylvania DARE tag. Rhino rack roof racks. Vintage York Weightlifting equipment in vehicle. Reward for any information!
How’s that possible that you can’t find it. Our 392 jl have gps tracking u get it in an app when u buy the damn truck🤔

How’s that possible that you can’t find it. Our 392 jl have gps tracking u get it in an app when u buy the damn truck🤔
1. Its not a damn truck. Go wash your mouth out.
2. Op stated the gps wasnt helping.... depending on where the 392 is.... look in previous posts.

Here’s the Amazon link:

These locking latches are a bit “stiffer” than the OEM latches; that is, you have to pull them all the way into the open position as opposed to the OEM latches that “flop open” when released. The locking nuts appear to be stainless which is encouraging since I live in an area of heat, humidity and salt. When you get the Rampage latches installed please let us know what you think and post a photo.
I finally had the time to install the Rampage hood latches. They seem to be of good quality. Just one more layer of protection even if it takes someone 15 seconds to defeat it. Lol.
SmartSelect_20210919-183529_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20210919-183456_Gallery.jpg

I support Irish's sentiment, but worse then calling it a truck, is when someone says I've got a Jeep too... and there talking about their Patriot.

Thanks to @Cbb....

Yesterday I installed a Ravelco kill switch in addition to hood locks. This kill switch is the best I could find anywhere. Yes it cost $700, but worth it to protect an $80k jeep that is extremely hard to replace. I am also using a faraday cage bag to keep my key fob RF from being stolen. I think I have done all I can do to prevent theft.

Attachments

• Ravelco.png
    Ravelco.png
    2 MB · Views: 276
  • garaged392.png
    garaged392.png
    2 MB · Views: 271
DavyBoy, I think you have gone above and beyond! If it gets stolen now they really wanted it. Great job! Do you have any information on the Faraday cage bag that is some old school technology I would have never taught of using..

Has anyone inquired about the key programming lockdown or "gimp" mode that Stellantis does/started doing on the Dodge vehicles? I asked two locals and they knew nothing of it, nor did the service departments. I'm really wanting the key programming lockdown to come to Jeep.

https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/ar...nces-three-new-theft-protection-measures.html
I'd like to see a password protection screen requirement on our touch screen. Just like your phone or home computer has. That should be so simple to do. What do you guys think of that?

Thanks to @Cbb....

Yesterday I installed a Ravelco kill switch in addition to hood locks. This kill switch is the best I could find anywhere. Yes it cost $700, but worth it to protect an $80k jeep that is extremely hard to replace. I am also using a faraday cage bag to keep my key fob RF from being stolen. I think I have done all I can do to prevent theft.

Did you install the kill switch? if so how hard of a job is it to do?

Did you install the kill switch? if so how hard of a job is it to do?

I also had a RAVELCO installed... once upon a time the RAVELCO was a DIY installation, at a lower cost, but you had to have a good schematic of your vehicle. Now, there are preferred installers throughout and you can contact them to do the install.

I also had a RAVELCO installed... once upon a time the RAVELCO was a DIY installation, at a lower cost, but you had to have a good schematic of your vehicle. Now, there are preferred installers throughout and you can contact them to do the install.
So they have an installer come and do it or you can take it to them. Is what it looks like on the website.

DavyBoy, I think you have gone above and beyond! If it gets stolen now they really wanted it. Great job! Do you have any information on the Faraday cage bag that is some old school technology I would have never taught of using..
I learned about it from a video on stealing cars with the modern RF key fobs.... cars with auto door unlock and push button start, like our Jeeps. I believe these are actually less secure than autos from 10 - 12 years ago without push button start. There are many bag versions available, just google it. I chose this one:

Faraday Bag for Key Fob, Wisdompro WP4694 RFID Key Fob Protector RF Car Signal Blocking, Anti-Theft Pouch, Anti-Hacking Case Blocker - Black (PU Leather)

So they have an installer come and do it or you can take it to them. Is what it looks like on the website.
@Membrain is correct!

I went to an installer. It took about 3.5 hours. You can also contact the dealer in some cases and they will send someone to you to install it. On the Ravelco web site you can find a dealer/installer for your location. I am in Kansas (like you) and had to wait about 3 - 4 weeks for new dealer to take the midwest region, then they had to train a local shop on installation before I could schedule the install.

@jmwillia, since you are in Kansas I believe the only installer is Mash Motors, Inc. (1616 S 125th St E, Wichita, KS 67207) Mike Mash is the owner and will take good care of you. Otherwise call the Dealer number for the Midwest region https://ravelcomidwest.com/ and schedule a tech to come to you.

It's been a long nervous wait to get the kill switch, but I believe it is the best solution out there!

Last edited:
@Membrain is correct!

I went to an installer. It took about 3.5 hours. You can also contact the dealer in some cases and they will send someone to you to install it. On the Ravelco web site you can find a dealer/installer for your location. I am in Kansas (like you) and had to wait about 3 - 4 weeks for new dealer to take the midwest region, then they had to train a local shop on installation before I could schedule the install.

@jmwillia, since you are in Kansas I believe the only installer is Mash Motors, Inc. (1616 S 125th St E, Wichita, KS 67207) Mike Mash is the owner and will take good care of you. Otherwise call the Dealer number for the Midwest region https://ravelcomidwest.com/ and schedule a tech to come to you.

It's been a long nervous wait to get the kill switch, but I believe it is the best solution out there!

Definitely sleep better at night at home, relaxed at work, where we regularly have 2-3 vehicles stolen from the parking lot each year, and easily less worried when naked and have to walk away from it for any reason, when otherwise out and about.

Back