STOLEN: Black 392 Wrangler

Cbb

Reaction score
In Newark, NJ at airport parking lot. 8/19 1:20 am. Skytop, front camera, reinforced tailgate, BFG raised letter tires. Black Pennsylvania DARE tag. Rhino rack roof racks. Vintage York Weightlifting equipment in vehicle. Reward for any information!

Attachments

• 7E917BE2-F77B-4CAB-BB3C-8C3A8211C629.jpeg
    7E917BE2-F77B-4CAB-BB3C-8C3A8211C629.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 1,773
  • 12F31D91-49BD-444E-BD22-30A77FE1A9C3.jpeg
    12F31D91-49BD-444E-BD22-30A77FE1A9C3.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 606
Ugh! I am sorry about this. I hope they find it. Let us know.

A big time OUCH! Very painful! Here's hoping that you are blessed with getting it back in perfect condition very soon, and they catch the guilty!

10 days ago, I had to take a flight for a week long business trip and chose to drive my 2014 RAM to park at the airport. I was concerned that my 392 Jeep was so unique that it could attract the wrong kind of attention in the parking lot for 5 days.

In Newark, NJ at airport parking lot. 8/19 1:20 am. Skytop, front camera, reinforced tailgate, BFG raised letter tires. Black Pennsylvania DARE tag. Rhino rack roof racks. Vintage York Weightlifting equipment in vehicle. Reward for any information!
I am so sorry.... this sucks giant moose balls. Crappy people out there.

So very sorry about this. Wishing for a good outcome.

So... It appears that our Jeeps have the same vulnarabilites that allow thieves to take them away from their rightful owners as our fellow, Challenger, Charger, Dakota and highspeed Cherokee's. Might members of this Forum have recommendations on how to prevent theft of our 392 Jeeps?

A big time OUCH! Very painful! Here's hoping that you are blessed with getting it back in perfect condition very soon, and they catch the guilty!

10 days ago, I had to take a flight for a week long business trip and chose to drive my 2014 RAM to park at the airport. I was concerned that my 392 Jeep was so unique that it could attract the wrong kind of attention in the parking lot for 5 days.
Good Decision!

So... It appears that our Jeeps have the same vulnarabilites that allow thieves to take them away from their rightful owners as our fellow, Challenger, Charger, Dakota and highspeed Cherokee's. Might members of this Forum have recommendations on how to prevent theft of our 392 Jeeps?
I started this thread Here after I read about this stolen 392.

Omg its going to be like Im back in highschool with all the guys aftermarket car alarms constantly going off... jeeps imo have always been easy targets, hence I dont look the doors on my soft top rubi (rather the creeps steal goodies than cut my top) but the limited amount of 392's make me question my lazy privilege opinion of "everything is replaceable so just enjoy the ride".... the only options are a kill switch (I dont know why this would be expensive, its basic) or the annoying 1990s car alarm. Personally, Im just gonna drive my 392 babee and whatever happens.... was meant to be. But Id vote hidden kill switch. Alarms on jeeps just seem.... like the jeep would have those hilarious no rubber tires and shiny chrome spinneys wheel set ups. 🤣.

Omg its going to be like Im back in highschool with all the guys aftermarket car alarms constantly going off... jeeps imo have always been easy targets, hence I dont look the doors on my soft top rubi (rather the creeps steal goodies than cut my top) but the limited amount of 392's make me question my lazy privilege opinion of "everything is replaceable so just enjoy the ride".... the only options are a kill switch (I dont know why this would be expensive, its basic) or the annoying 1990s car alarm. Personally, Im just gonna drive my 392 babee and whatever happens.... was meant to be. But Id vote hidden kill switch. Alarms on jeeps just seem.... like the jeep would have those hilarious no rubber tires and shiny chrome spinneys wheel set ups. 🤣.
I agree. Advanced Viper alarm system was bypassed when someone tried to steal my 2003 Rubicon...a $30 kill switch (like you said, basic [relay, switch, and wiring]) I put together saved it.

Ouch! That sucks, dude. Hope they catch the a$$ clowns and take something of theirs… like their balls… with a rusty hacksaw.
Well stated! Exactly what they deserve!

Good one Yukon! Take something of theirs… like their balls… with a rusty hacksaw. I got a kick out of that one!

Really sorry. I can’t imagine what it’s like to have your Jeep stolen, but to steal a vehicle this special adds “insult to injury.” Thanks for posting this; It made me think about the security of my 392....so I took the first step and ordered locking hood latches and will look into installing a hidden “kill switch."

@CBH (y) First step I’ll be taking as well. Probably Rampage. Really wish MOPAR had an offering…

Sorry to hear. Can't it be tracked by the Uconnect or Sirius Guardian?

Sorry to hear. Can't it be tracked by the Uconnect or Sirius Guardian?
I still have no information. I am very disappointed in the security built into this vehicle. I personally have my keys, so they were not cloned. I saw the theft video. The car was stolen by two individuals. First individual popped the hood. Within a minute, the lights were on, and other individual entered car and immediately drove off. It is obvious that this vehicle has suboptimal anti-theft measures. Video had no audio, so I don’t know if alarm went off, but I received no text / email through Sirius XM Guardian - Uconnect about alarm or theft. Last location of car (when I reported stolen) was airport parking lot. I reported theft to Sirius XM Guardian - Uconnect on 8/20. Today, 5 days later, there has been no updated vehicle location. The Newark Police tells me stolen vehicles are often in underground garages or storage containers which prevents GPS signal from getting out. I would be reluctant to purchase one of these vehicles now knowing the security is so poor and allows an outcome like this. I would love to hear from Jeep about their thoughts on this situation.

I have the Mopar EVTS. It gives up to the second location information and a year subscription to their monitoring service where they call you if the Jeep sensors are triggered suspiciously...and I'm still installing a kill switch.

Back