Steering Stabilizer Dilemma…

stumblinhorse

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 JLUR 392
Do you know of the part number/link for this bracket? I'm worried when mine gets installed the installer will want this
I think you order the jk version and it comes with the bracket. There is no reason the JL version won’t fit in the stock location. All the parts are the same on all 392s, all wranglers and gladiators also, in this area. Any mis-fitment is due to the orientation of the reservoir and stabilizer. It just has to be turned in the correct way and it goes on without a problem.

hardhat

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Sarge 392xr
So I installed the Roadmaster Exact Center. Minor modifications to instructions had to be made. Had to drill out lower tie rod mounting bracket to 1/2" and get a 1/2" x3" carriage bolt from tractor supply (and a nyloc nut), but everything went well. Fine tuning to get it to perfectly straight takes some driving. When you get it close to perfect the pull is subtle and have to drive it a while to tell for sure. I am adjusting in tiny increments now, just using the location of the sticker on the cylinder as point of reference. Adjustment takes <1m if you have a 22mm wrench out already.

My 15y daughter with her learner's permit likes it better. Jeep will hold straight on road with hands off the wheel. This device could also easily correct a pull due to a problem if it couldn't be otherwise figured out. Steering returns to dead center when you let go of the wheel and holds there with noticeable force. Wind does not blow jeep all over the road and bump don't move steering as much. Still can easily steer, but does have definite increased force to turn steering wheel. Force to turn wheel is pretty constant as soon as you get off center. It doesn't ramp up like a spring would.

Increased steering feel on curves and stronger return to center. Takes some getting used to, but now I am sure that I like it and it will be a keeper. It goes in stock steering stabilizer position, but for off roading could be moved above tie rod with synergy bracket.

It is a very new product, so I am sure they will get the installation stuff ironed out. Apparently different JL's have different tie rod end mounting bolt. Was not a big deal. Will continue to report as time goes on.

OP
OP
YukonCornelius

YukonCornelius

Moderator 🛠️
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
A Quarter Horse Named "Lex"
Anyone fans of the Falcon EF 2.2? Got word my Fox stabilizer is on back order, but the EF 2.2’s are in stock. With no ETA, I’m considering going non-Fox but really haven’t had experience. Just been a Fox guy by default and no other reason. Or, do I go back to original thoughts and go with the Roadmaster?

Smess

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Jeep 392, 2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1982 Jeep J10
OK ONE MORE TIME, 392'S WERE WAY AFTER THE STEERING ISSUE THAT OCCURED WHEN THE JL'S HIT THE GROUND.

A NEW ELECTRONIC STEERING WAS INTRODUCED WHICH HAS A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FEEL THEN PREVIOS JEEP STEERING. IN ADDITION 2 DOOR WRANGLERS WERE PROGRAMMED AS 4 DOORS AND VICE VERSA. STEERING IS A LIABILITY SO JEEP USED THE BS EXCUSE OF A STEERING STABELIZER REPLACEMENT TO GET PEOPLE TO BRING THE JEEPS IN SO THEY COULD DOUBLE CHECK THE PROGRAMMING. IF THEY ANNOUNCED THE 2 VS 4 PROGRAMMING ISSUE EVERY AMBULANCE CHASER LAWYER WOULD TELL HIS CLIENT TO GET IN AN ACCIDENT AND THEN SUE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF JEEP. INSTEAD THEY RECALLED AND REPLACED STEERING STABALIZERS AND NOW EVERY NEW JEEP OWNER ON A FORUMS READS ABOUT THE STEERING ISSUE THAT NO LONGER EXISTS AND THEN HIS JEEP HAS IT.

I AM SURE EVERY CAR IN THE FAMILY HAS IT NOW!!

GET THE STEERING ISSUE OFF THE 392 FORUMS BEFORE YOU HAVE EVERY GUY OUT HERE BUYING A STABELIZER THEY DONT NEED.

STABELIZERS DONT FIX STEERING SLOP, THEY STOP LETTING THE VIBRATION FROM TRAVELING BACK THROUGH TO THE DRIVERS HAND.

IN ADDITION, LOOK AT A JEEP FRONT END, STARTS AT STEERING BOX TO DRAG LINK TO TIE ROD THEN BACK TO THE DRIVERS SIDE. SO IN A NUTSHELL YOU ARE STEERING THE FRONT RIGHT TIRE AND THE LEFT IS JUST FOLLOWING. THE STABELIZER MOUNTS ON THE BAR THAT TIES THE RIGHT TO THE FOLLOWER LEFT. GET IT???????

THEY ALSO DONT FIX DEATH WOBBLE!!

WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD, YOU SEE HIM MOVING THE WHEEL AND THE ENTIRE JEEP IS MOVING UP AND DOWN, THAT HAPPENS FROM TWO THINGS. IF THE DRAG LINK OR THE FRAME BRACE HAVE SLOP, NOT THE STEERING BOX. SO HE TIGHTENED THE STEERING BOX, I BET HE GAVE UP THE JEEPS ABILITY FOR THE STEERING WHEEL TO RECOIL EASILY AND HE HAS TO USE MORE EFFORT TO STEER THE JEEP WHICH WILL TRICK HIS MIND IN TO THINKING HIS STEERING BOX IS RIGHT NOW AND THE STEERING FEELS RIGHT. WHAT HE DOESNT REALIZE IS HE GAVE UP HANDELING AS RELATED TO CAMBER.

REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME YOU GOT TO THIRD BASE AND THE GIRL SAID "THATS NOT IT" WELL ANY 392 OWNER THAT IS WASTING HIS TIME WATCHING A GUY WITH A GLADIATOR TELL HIM ALL ABOUT THE STEERING ISSUE THAT 392'S DONT HAVE PROBABLY HEARD A GIRL SAY THAT AT LEAST ONE TIME IF NOT MORE :)

Last edited:

cgrosen324

Reaction score
Current Rides
2020 Ford Raptor
Anyone fans of the Falcon EF 2.2? Got word my Fox stabilizer is on back order, but the EF 2.2’s are in stock. With no ETA, I’m considering going non-Fox but really haven’t had experience. Just been a Fox guy by default and no other reason. Or, do I go back to original thoughts and go with the Roadmaster?
I’ve always been a Fox fan myself, but I installed the Falcon EF 2.2 a couple of weeks ago and I’m very happy with it. The “firm” setting is the best I’ve felt for highway driving. I also like the simplicity of three settings vs the Fox ATS with 24-26 clicks. We’ll see how it lasts long term, but for now I dig it and I think you’d be happy with it Yukon.

OP
OP
YukonCornelius

YukonCornelius

Moderator 🛠️
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
@Smess … it’s not to correct any steering issue. As a matter of fact, I’m overly impressed with the 392 XR setup I have. It tracks dead straight and I don’t have the typical dead zone. I’m looking to replace the shitty OEM stabilizer (edit: maybe it’s best to refer to as “damper” for clarity) that, after 15 minutes of desert running or speed runs on trails fades to mush. I’m looking to replace it because when your steering recovery goes from good to wet noodle on the trail, it sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgr

thexr6

Reaction score
Current Rides
2007 JK Rubicon, 2020 JL Rubi, 2021 GCL Overland, 2022 JL 392 (on order)
OK ONE MORE TIME, 392'S WERE WAY AFTER THE STEERING ISSUE THAT OCCURED WHEN THE JL'S HIT THE GROUND.

A NEW ELECTRONIC STEERING WAS INTRODUCED WHICH HAS A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FEEL THEN PREVIOS JEEP STEERING. IN ADDITION 2 DOOR WRANGLERS WERE PROGRAMMED AS 4 DOORS AND VICE VERSA. STEERING IS A LIABILITY SO JEEP USED THE BS EXCUSE OF A STEERING STABELIZER REPLACEMENT TO GET PEOPLE TO BRING THE JEEPS IN SO THEY COULD DOUBLE CHECK THE PROGRAMMING. IF THEY ANNOUNCED THE 2 VS 4 PROGRAMMING ISSUE EVERY AMBULANCE CHASER LAWYER WOULD TELL HIS CLIENT TO GET IN AN ACCIDENT AND THEN SUE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF JEEP. INSTEAD THEY RECALLED AND REPLACED STEERING STABALIZERS AND NOW EVERY NEW JEEP OWNER ON A FORUMS READS ABOUT THE STEERING ISSUE THAT NO LONGER EXISTS AND THEN HIS JEEP HAS IT.

GET THE STEERING ISSUE OFF THE 392 FORUMS BEFORE YOU HAVE EVERY GUY OUT HERE BUYING A STABELIZER THEY DONT NEED.

STABELIZERS DONT FIX STEERING SLOP, THEY STOP LETTING THE VIBRATION FROM TRAVELING BACK THROUGH TO THE DRIVERS HAND.

IN ADDITION, LOOK AT A JEEP FRONT END, STARTS AT STEERING BOX TO DRAG LINK TO TIE ROD THEN BACK TO THE DRIVERS SIDE. SO IN A NUTSHELL YOU ARE STEERING THE FRONT RIGHT TIRE AND THE LEFT IS JUST FOLLOWING. THE STABELIZER MOUNTS ON THE BAR THAT TIES THE RIGHT TO THE FOLLOWER LEFT. GET IT???????

WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD, YOU SEE HIM MOVING THE WHEEL AND THE ENTIRE JEEP IS MOVING UP AND DOWN, THAT HAPPENS FROM TWO THINGS. IF THE DRAG LINK OR THE FRAME BRACE HAVE SLOP, NOT THE STEERING BOX. SO HE TIGHTENED THE STEERING BOX, I BET HE GAVE UP THE JEEPS ABILITY FOR THE STEERING WHEEL TO RECOIL EASILY AND HE HAS TO USE MORE EFFORT TO STEER THE JEEP WHICH WILL TRICK HIS MIND IN TO THINKING HIS STEERING BOX IS RIGHT NOW AND THE STEERING FEELS RIGHT. WHAT HE DOESNT REALIZE IS HE GAVE UP HANDELING AS RELATED TO CAMBER.

REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME YOU GOT TO THIRD BASE AND THE GIRL SAID "THATS NOT IT" WELL ANY 392 OWNER THAT IS WASTING HIS TIME WATCHING A GUY WITH A GLADIATOR TELL HIM ALL ABOUT THE STEERING ISSUE THAT 392'S DONT HAVE PROBABLY HEARD A GIRL SAY THAT AT LEAST ONE TIME IF NOT MORE :)
Best overview and explanation yet on the forums. thx!

NewJeepGuy

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Freightliner
I just got an email from extremeterrain.com has the fox’s in stock

OP
OP
YukonCornelius

YukonCornelius

Moderator 🛠️
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
I just got an email from extremeterrain.com has the fox’s in stock
And wouldn’t you know it’s already out of stock! Seeing as how it’s unavailable everywhere, and based on positive feedback from @cgrosen324 and others, AND that the Falcon has a 3 year warranty versus Fox’s 1 year, I’m going to try out the Teraflex.

hydro392

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 JLUR

Stop Yelling at me 😂😂😂😂

2022 Wrangler 392 - $6,000 OFF MSRP! Granger Motors