Steering Pulling Right After Tire Rotation

casselmb

Reaction score
I recently had my tires rotated and my 392 is now pulling pretty significantly to the right. It’s on the original 35 inch KO2s, and the pressures are equal at 37 PSI cold. There was no noticeable pull before tire rotation. No aftermarket lift or anything.

How would you first try to address this? I searched and saw a couple threads regarding steering. Most seem to involve a lift kit. I’m not sure if I should try to adjust the steering wheel centering or if that would just be masking the issue.

I recently had my tires rotated and my 392 is now pulling pretty significantly to the right. It’s on the original 35 inch KO2s, and the pressures are equal at 37 PSI cold. There was no noticeable pull before tire rotation. No aftermarket lift or anything.

How would you first try to address this? I searched and saw a couple threads regarding steering. Most seem to involve a lift kit. I’m not sure if I should try to adjust the steering wheel centering or if that would just be masking the issue.
I had a bad tire that caused my truck to pull after tire rotation. Seems bizarre but I experienced it firsthand. Never went away till I put a new set on.

Just had my first service, including tire rotation, this morning. No change to steering. Stock 2022 392XR running 39 psi.

I'm looking at Mopar 2" lift LCR's (just the LCR's), Clayton Coils, Hellwig sway bar, and additional upgrades others here have done and highly recommend. Don't think that'll speak to your issue. Thought there was a thread that spoke to tires causing pulling...will look for it.

Could be radial pull from one tire. Did you do a 5 tire rotation? Typically a spare would move to a rear tire but that could cause it if one of the rear that moves forward has conicity (a manufacturing defect). Swap fronts left to right/right to left and drive the same road, see if it pulls the other direction. IF not maybe try the same with the rears?

Last edited:
Does the pull to the right happen when coasting? I’m assuming it pulls during acceleration, but if it does not pull when coasting then my guess is the front left tire is slightly larger than the right one.
Reducing tire pressure slightly in the left might correct this issue.

Thanks all for the replies and guidance. Dealer did the rotation and it was just a 4 tire. I haven’t tried swapping the front tires.

I aired down a bit and didn’t notice any changes. I then adjusted the steering wheel, which helped the perceived issue. When the steering wheel is centered the Jeep goes straight now, so that’s a plus. I didn’t notice that the wheel was off center before the tire rotation, but it definitely was off (to the left) after the rotation.

It does still want to track to the right. I realize some of this may be due to the crown of the road, and I’m possibly more sensitive to it now. But it seems that when traveling down the road, the Jeep always wants to go off to the right. It does this under acceleration, deceleration, and constant speed. Obviously it’s more pronounced at higher speeds.

From eye balling it, it almost appears that the front passenger side tire is angled/toed out slightly. That may just be in my mind though as it’s not very pronounced. Either way, I’ll probably make a stop at my local Big O soon. They’ve done a good job for me in the past. We’ll see what they say.

Back