Speed and tire sensor problems

bigfishbobby

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392
Dealer is having a tough time calibrating speed with new 35’s and the aftermarket tire sensors aren’t working either. Anyone have these issues? Seems to me a replacement tire sensor should be a no brainer as well as getting the speed right but I’m on my 3rd attempt at both using the dealer for speed and tire shop for sensors.

Dealer is having a tough time calibrating speed with new 35’s and the aftermarket tire sensors aren’t working either. Anyone have these issues? Seems to me a replacement tire sensor should be a no brainer as well as getting the speed right but I’m on my 3rd attempt at both using the dealer for speed and tire shop for sensors.
I am guessing you are talking about TPMS sensors. Not sure the age of your Jeep since they changed them sometime in 2021. But the newer TPMS sensors are completely out of stock everywhere. So if your after market TPMS is not the correct part number for your vin, it will never work.

tire size is pretty simple. Probably not the problem.

Sorry, I was vague. I have a 2021 392. Speedo issue apparently is an issue that the dealer has to get with Jeep on. Some jacked up process. Hopefully fixed Wednesday. TPMS is apparently an issue with non-OEM sensors that the 392 don’t like at all.

Sorry, I was vague. I have a 2021 392. Speedo issue apparently is an issue that the dealer has to get with Jeep on. Some jacked up process. Hopefully fixed Wednesday. TPMS is apparently an issue with non-OEM sensors that the 392 don’t like at all.
Tire size is super simple and there are a bunch of aftermarket things to do it. Hopefully they get it figured out for you.

I agree. This isn’t rocket science. Apparently the dealer gets some clearance from Jeep to alter the speedo and anytime they need to alter it requires a new authorization…or so they say. In the meantime the speedo is off quite a bit at higher speeds. The supposedly changed it this morning and now say it may not have taken the update. All a bunch of nonsense if you ask me. Tire guys told me the new sensors would be fine. Apparently not either since the new ones are all causing the Jeep to code.

I agree. This isn’t rocket science. Apparently the dealer gets some clearance from Jeep to alter the speedo and anytime they need to alter it requires a new authorization…or so they say. In the meantime the speedo is off quite a bit at higher speeds. The supposedly changed it this morning and now say it may not have taken the update. All a bunch of nonsense if you ask me. Tire guys told me the new sensors would be fine. Apparently not either since the new ones are all causing the Jeep to code.
I put my original sensors in my new rims…use a JL Tazer for speedO for calibrating size/gears and a ton of other stuff. If I decide to sell my stock wheels, the buyer can go through what you are going through now trying to find TPMS sensors to work.

I put my original sensors in my new rims…use a JL Tazer for speedO for calibrating size/gears and a ton of other stuff. If I decide to sell my stock wheels, the buyer can go through what you are going through now trying to find TPMS sensors to work.
I too did as Ben stated with mine and sold my factory wheels and tires without the sensors. I’d suggest having dealer swap to the factory TPMS into the new wheels and you should be good to go Tazor will fix Speedo along with many other personalized options you can select for your 392.

Thanks for all of the help. I had the tire people swap the sensors out of the OEM wheels this afternoon and problem has resolved since. Speedo was supposedly fixed by dealer this morning but it’s still off. Since they say they need some sort of clearance from Jeep on Monday to get it right, we have an appt on Wednesday to hopefully get it done. I wish the Rough Country one I have for our other JL would work on the 392 since it’s so easy to use. Oh well, live and learn. I should have done it myself but the dealer has my money now so I’m gonna hold their feet to the fire to get it right.

The Tazer from Z Automotive will fix your speedometer by letting you set the correct tire size. Its does lots of other stuff also. It is about $350.

Back