SoCal 392 Squad

dog

Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Current Rides
'22 392 XR ordered Jan 21 2022 -------------- Picked up Aug 22 2022!
As of this posting I've only seen one 392 in the wild in the LA/Westside/South Bay (LA) area, local dealers want 10k over sticker at the very least, and three of them laughed at me when I asked if they'd match other midwest dealer's deals (invoice and/or under-MSRP).

Just checking in to see to see how many of us are out here! Mine won't be here for 6 months, but I look forward to seeing who's around!

If you've got one, we'd love to see pics!

I ordered mine in SoCal for 3% below invoice

I ordered mine in SoCal for 3% below invoice
Well shoot, I'm a day late and a deposit short (out of state), but I'm happy to hear that!

Well shoot, I'm a day late and a deposit short (out of state), but I'm happy to hear that!
I’m sorry I stand corrected it was 3% below MSRP
Was the best I could find in CA

I’m sorry I stand corrected it was 3% below MSRP
Was the best I could find in CA
Oh ok that makes sense! Still fantastic for a CA delivery. I think mine ended up somewhere around 7% off MSRP.

I went pretty far out of state and it'll be a 24hr+ drive home! I'll probably take the lady and make a road trip out of it, plenty of friends/family/sights to see on the way home. I've got a good amount of flexibility on work scheduling so it makes sense, but that doesn't mean I don't wish I could have had that deal at the dealer down the street!

I'm amped for both of us! When did you order? What color?

Also on the west side of LA here. I've only seen 1 other 392 on the road here and mine is the first XR that I've seen in LA. Its actually hard to have a rare car in this town...

Reactions: dog

Attachments

• 0BCF8336-28D6-4A1F-81B0-896D8CA0A945.jpeg
    0BCF8336-28D6-4A1F-81B0-896D8CA0A945.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Love
Also on the west side of LA here. I've only seen 1 other 392 on the road here and mine is the first XR that I've seen in LA. Its actually hard to have a rare car in this town...
No kidding! Santa Monica CJDR has a 392 on the lot for like 150k. I figured it'd probably sell too. I've also heard from 2 different dealers that their GM is driving around in the *one* that they have for sale.

Yours is gorgeous! I'll keep an eye out for it :)

Oh ok that makes sense! Still fantastic for a CA delivery. I think mine ended up somewhere around 7% off MSRP.

I went pretty far out of state and it'll be a 24hr+ drive home! I'll probably take the lady and make a road trip out of it, plenty of friends/family/sights to see on the way home. I've got a good amount of flexibility on work scheduling so it makes sense, but that doesn't mean I don't wish I could have had that deal at the dealer down the street!

I'm amped for both of us! When did you order? What coloStingray ordered 11/27

I'm amped for both of us! When did you order? What color?
I originally ordered one in Kentucky 11/1 for 4% below invoice
I canceled for this CA order at 3% under MSRP
It was 24hrs drive to Kentucky so I figured I’d spend a few grand on the road trip.

I am in OC and I have only seen one on the road. It was a sting gray in Laguna Niguel.

No kidding! Santa Monica CJDR has a 392 on the lot for like 150k. I figured it'd probably sell too. I've also heard from 2 different dealers that their GM is driving around in the *one* that they have for sale.

Yours is gorgeous! I'll keep an eye out for it :)

Most of the dealers around here seem to be asking $90-$100k for used non-XRs.

Temecula/Murrieta/Fallbrook area here and have not seen another one. Ordered April (MSRP + addons [EVTS+lifetime battery] for around an extra $2K) and picked it up on August, 2021.

Last edited:
I found mine in AZ and it was essentially the exact spec I would have ordered. It was delivered to me in LA the same day I signed the docs and I paid $1,500 over sticker for the joy of instant gratification vs ordering from somebody at a discount and waiting 6 months. Its a good time. Now I just need to set my garage up for easy top removal (see the other thread I've been commenting on today) so I can enjoy days like today.

Located in orange county California here and still waiting for my 392 to arrive. Given my November 1, 2021 order date, I expect I will still be waiting sometime for the out-of-state dealer to receive the 392. It also looks like about $1800 for shipping to me. I'm also waiting for another 2022 car coming from out of state and that one may take even longer. Until then I will do research and collect parts!

Nothing but lies, deception and markups from the California dealerships in my experience. I gave up and went out of state. Worked out for the best.

Nothing but lies, deception and markups from the California dealerships in my experience. I gave up and went out of state. Worked out for the best.
so did I.... now just dealing with the nightmare of getting it registered in CA. Good news is it passed the SMOG test that you have to complete even though its brand new. Also the tax hurt bad.

so did I.... now just dealing with the nightmare of getting it registered in CA. Good news is it passed the SMOG test that you have to complete even though its brand new. Also the tax hurt bad.

Out of curiousity, I know I'll need to get it smogged and hit the DMV to pay taxes on the vehicle, but would you mind describing what you had to go through when once you had the vehicle in CA?

Back