*shrug*

Dral97

Reaction score
Current Rides
2023 392 20A AEV, 2021 Bronco FE, 2019 BMW 440, 1995 YJ Sahara
2016 JKU 75A vs 2023 392. Oh well. Worth it. Smog rating totally makes up for it. šŸ¤Ŗ

ACAFCE48-0227-4660-83F0-4DF6952CF6C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Itā€™s already been dropping which is good. Itā€™s ok from my standpoint since I donā€™t drive my 392 all that much, but I have these:
95 YJ: 14 mpg (checked this summer)
21 Bronco: 17 mpg
23 392: letā€™s say 16 mpg or so (will likely put a good number of highway miles on it in wuss cylinder mode)
19 BMW 440: Maybe upper 20s?

I ainā€™t helping the cause at all. I have nothing against electric at all, but I just like what I like and Iā€™ll drive what I want to drive. I guarantee theyā€™ll have to pry my 392 steering wheel out of my cold dead hands if it comes down to it. :)

Watched a bit of that video. Iā€™ll definitely watch the rest later. Iā€™ve seen some of their videos taking Broncos off-road.

I got the Bronco (First edition, not raptor) Christmas eve. Picked up the 392 last Saturday. First impression is that the Bronco will be a daily driver. Not because I necessarily enjoy driving it more, but the bronco wonā€™t be a forever ride, the 392 likely will. I want to extend out the 392 as much as I can in terms of miles I put on it.

Interior: The Bronco interior is a decent amount more roomy and comfortable.

Ride: The Bronco FEā€™s all have the Sasquatch package. Analogous to XR in a way. Stock tires on that, you ā€˜feelā€˜ the road a lot more (more tire noise) than the 392. So win for 392 there. The 392 takes bumps in the road worse, but heyā€¦solid axle. In general the 392 rides better though on flat nice road/highway, but overall the Bronco just seems to handle a bit better when you add other elements into it.

Noise: Geez, no contest. The bronco gets a whistling noise at certain speeds and cross winds. 392 is relatively quiet even with SOTā€¦and I can judge that owning a 95 YJ soft top that I just drove 3 hours on the highway last weekend going to get the 392. I was just telling my friend last weekend about people talking about wind noise with these and Broncos on the forums. I get that these are newer vehicles, but I said ā€œAnytime I see people complain about road noise, I wish I could take them for a ride on the highway at 70 mph in my YJā€. That actually doesnā€™t bother me at all. Iā€™ve had 2 TJs, a YJ, a JKU, and now these. I know what to expect and am instead pleasantly surprised if wind noise isnā€™t that much.

Fun factor: Both rock. Iā€™ll have to wait until next summer. I have half doors on the 392 as well as SoT, so 392 win. And I meanā€¦cā€™mon. 8 cylinder thatā€™s just not even a contest.

Overall, just as expected, the Bronco just feels more like a day to day driver while the 392 is more of a fun blast that I wonā€™t drive every day, but will more thoroughly enjoy driving when I do.

If it was my 16 JKU vs Bronco, Iā€™d say Bronco. 392 vs Bronco? Sorry Bronco, but if someone forced me to choose Iā€™d be picking my 392 in a split second.

Last edited:
Watched a bit of that video. Iā€™ll definitely watch the rest later. Iā€™ve seen some of their videos taking Broncos off-road.

I got the Bronco (First edition, not raptor) Christmas eve. Picked up the 392 last Saturday. First impression is that the Bronco will be a daily driver. Not because I necessarily enjoy driving it more, but the bronco wonā€™t be a forever ride, the 392 likely will. I want to extend out the 392 as much as I can in terms of miles I put on it.

Interior: The Bronco interior is a decent amount more roomy and comfortable.

Ride: The Bronco FEā€™s all have the Sasquatch package. Analogous to XR in a way. Stock tires on that, you ā€˜feelā€˜ the road a lot more (more tire noise) than the 392. So win for 392 there. The 392 takes bumps in the road worse, but heyā€¦solid axle. In general the 392 rides better though on flat nice road/highway, but overall the Bronco just seems to handle a bit better when you add other elements into it.

Noise: Geez, no contest. The bronco gets a whistling noise at certain speeds and cross winds. 392 is relatively quiet even with SOTā€¦and I can judge that owning a 95 YJ soft top that I just drove 3 hours on the highway last weekend going to get the 392. I was just telling my friend last weekend about people talking about wind noise with these and Broncos on the forums. I get that these are newer vehicles, but I said ā€œAnytime I see people complain about road noise, I wish I could take them for a ride on the highway at 70 mph in my YJā€. That actually doesnā€™t bother me at all. Iā€™ve had 2 TJs, a YJ, a JKU, and now these. I know what to expect and am instead pleasantly surprised if wind noise isnā€™t that much.

Fun factor: Both rock. Iā€™ll have to wait until next summer. I have half doors on the 392 as well as SoT, so 392 win. And I meanā€¦cā€™mon. 8 cylinder thatā€™s just not even a contest.

Overall, just as expected, the Bronco just feels more like a day to day driver while the 392 is more of a fun blast that I wonā€™t drive every day, but will more thoroughly enjoy driving when I do.

If it was my 16 JKU vs Bronco, Iā€™d say Bronco. 392 vs Bronco? Sorry Bronco, but if someone forced me to choose Iā€™d be picking my 392 in a split second.
Outside noise is not all bad -- when I owned a Wrangler 2-door soft top back in 2000 I felt more aware of everything going on around me, and when it rained, it reminded me of camping -- good memories.

Outside noise is not all bad -- when I owned a Wrangler 2-door soft top back in 2000 I felt more aware of everything going on around me, and when it rained, it reminded me of camping -- good memories.
That is exactly right. I was telling my friend last weekend how with the road noise and all the clear open space with the soft top windows on my YJ, youā€™re just so much more aware of whatā€™s going on around you. Of course, the downside (or good side?) is that youā€™re even more aware of all the jerkwads on the road who apparently got their driverā€™s licenses outta Cracker Jack boxes.

Last edited:
Nice rides! How do you like the Bronco? Check this video out.

These are two of the most annoying people on the internet. They'll do anything for a buck, including an O nly F ans.

They lived here in Colorado for a bit, and their E3 off-road whatever the shit the organization is called is a total money grabbing scam.

These are two of the most annoying people on the internet. They'll do anything for a buck, including an O nly F ans.

They lived here in Colorado for a bit, and their E3 off-road whatever the shit the organization is called is a total money grabbing scam.
I bypass videos from them, just donā€™t like

Yah, it always seems they have some ulterior motive other than just being objective.

That ulterior motive is called "making a dollar any which way we can."

Their internetwhoring for money has gotten so bad, I bet Brittany rents Kevin out as a gimp on the weekends.

That ulterior motive is called "making a dollar any which way we can."

Their internetwhoring for money has gotten so bad, I bet Brittany rents Kevin out as a gimp on the weekends.
Thatā€™s how things work now I guess. I had a bunch typed out here about ā€˜influencersā€™, but backtracked on it. I refrain from political and otherwise that kind of discussion online, but Iā€™ll just say Iā€™m happy that I actually wake up on workdays and physically go somewhere and do something (Sometimes driving my 392 to get there now).

Thatā€™s how things work now I guess. I had a bunch typed out here about ā€˜influencersā€™, but backtracked on it. I refrain from political and otherwise that kind of discussion online, but Iā€™ll just say Iā€™m happy that I actually wake up on workdays and physically go somewhere and do something (Sometimes driving my 392 to get there now).

There's a reckoning coming for some of those folks... People eventually see through inauthenticity.

Thatā€™s how things work now I guess. I had a bunch typed out here about ā€˜influencersā€™, but backtracked on it. I refrain from political and otherwise that kind of discussion online, but Iā€™ll just say Iā€™m happy that I actually wake up on workdays and physically go somewhere and do something (Sometimes driving my 392 to get there now)

I agree 100%. Only jeep related ā€œchannelā€ i can stomach is Matts Offroad. There is likely an exception, but have not seen a single sponsored channel that does not trigger my vomit reflex.

Last edited:
@thexr6 - There are only a handful of big channels on YouTube I can stomach, and one of them is Whistlin' Diesel. He gets a lot of hate for his destructive antics, but he's authentic and I have to admit... I would do the same shit if I had his level of FU money.

@thexr6 - There are only a handful of big channels on YouTube I can stomach, and one of them is Whistlin' Diesel. He gets a lot of hate for his destructive antics, but he's authentic and I have to admit... I would do the same shit if I had his level of FU money.
Forgot about that one. I dont follow him, but one of the greatest things that i saw in the middle of the COVID hysteria was his impromptu meet and greet that attracted thousands of people. Merica!

Forgot about that one. I dont follow him, but one of the greatest things that i saw in the middle of the COVID hysteria was his impromptu meet and greet that attracted thousands of people. Merica!
He flew a helicopter, remotely, indoors.

Heā€™s also doing a series of ā€œdurability testsā€ on a G Wagen.

I love that kid.

Back