Sarge Green 392 Photos Thread!

Nice lookin' rigs in here. I gave up a sarge order to switch over to sting. This thread makes me have a little regret...especially since I'd have my '23 sarge by the end of this month probably, but now am looking at who knows when to get the Sting.

6D0CAB05-BEC8-4955-AA80-DB921BC38FC2.jpeg

The wife and her 392.

Will always regret canceling my Sarge order a little. Maybe I'll try to get a wrap that gets close to it. heh.

Anyone know of any that approximate it? Wouldn't mind a Sarge for a few years.

All cleaned up.

Attachments

• E01134CE-1E98-4E58-BAB0-40861F5D3510.jpeg
    E01134CE-1E98-4E58-BAB0-40861F5D3510.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 9708903E-C582-4847-A2C6-F4DD822DAB63.jpeg
    9708903E-C582-4847-A2C6-F4DD822DAB63.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 64
  • A8FEA85C-98DD-4CB4-8475-BD3599C4A2B0.jpeg
    A8FEA85C-98DD-4CB4-8475-BD3599C4A2B0.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 65
Tell us about the process of getting your wheels to be that color! What color did you go with exactly, and are they painted or powdercoated? Looks especially cool I think on the Sarge.
Took me awhile to fine an exact match to the tow hooks, figured that would be easier than trying to match up to the decals. Pics of the paint I used. Brand new, clean wheels, removed from the vehicle, scuffed the factory "bronze" with a Scotchbrite pad, masked off the beadlock trim ring and the valve stem and applied 2 coats of color then 2 coats of clear. Did the center caps separately to help prevent paint cracking/peeling when the caps are removed later. Easy to redo later as needed, but 6 months later and several wheeling trips and still looks new. I do keep them clean esp. from brake dust/rotor rust as that can ruin any finish. I'm in Fla. so no salt exposure, not sure how durable it would be with road salt.
paint spray 1.jpg
paint spray 2.jpg

Awesome, thanks for sharing that!

Following up with some extra photos of the jeep for this thread, for future searchers interested in Sarge Green! My buddy (in the 4Runner TRD Pro) and I drove up to Big Bear CA with our ladies and our dogs to spend the weekend and do some wheeling. It was so cold (and slippery) that I didn't get a lot of photos of the crawling we did, but we pushed the heck out of the stock limits of the jeep without actively trying to break stuff. We took some bypasses but did a fair bit of John Bull! Also had to get some fun action shots through the mud 🤠 . Can't wait to get back up there this spring/summer and try to break some stuff, once I slap a winch on the rig at least!
SDM09132.jpg

SDM09156.jpg

SDM09161-Edit.jpg

SDM09162.jpg

SDM09169.jpg

SDM09187.jpg

SDM09192.jpg

SDM09251.jpg

SDM09228.jpg

SDM09243.jpg

Half door update:

13 hours of driving later, wallet significantly lighter, gotta show 'em off!

Had pretty dang nice weather the last week, so I've been rolling topless with the new half doors, and it's the freakin' best.
IMG_7778.jpg

IMG_7741.jpg

You really just can't beat the profile that the half doors give to it. Might be my imagination, but I swear I can feel the lighter weight (no top and no full doors) in the responsiveness of the jeep! Maybe it's just the wind in my face :cool:

In any case, 1000% worth the money if anyone's on the fence. Southern California weather means I'll be able to keep top off and half doors on for months at a time, so I'm really looking forward to things staying warm!

Cheers Sarge family!

Half door update:

13 hours of driving later, wallet significantly lighter, gotta show 'em off!

Had pretty dang nice weather the last week, so I've been rolling topless with the new half doors, and it's the freakin' best.
View attachment 17949
View attachment 17951

You really just can't beat the profile that the half doors give to it. Might be my imagination, but I swear I can feel the lighter weight (no top and no full doors) in the responsiveness of the jeep! Maybe it's just the wind in my face :cool:

In any case, 1000% worth the money if anyone's on the fence. Southern California weather means I'll be able to keep top off and half doors on for months at a time, so I'm really looking forward to things staying warm!

Cheers Sarge family!
These look amazing. I got mine with my order that I picked up from granger in November and am waiting until spring (next few weeks) to put them on. Not going to lie I had thoughts of selling them before their first use but I’m thinking I may just hold on to mine and use em with how nice that looks. Great looking rig!

Reactions: dog
Back