Sagging Butt - need help

Ward

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
16 JK Hard Rock, 21 JLUR 392
We just got our 392 and I am afraid the suspension is not enough to tow our off road trailer. Does anyone know of a suspension kit with heavy duty springs?

Attachments

• IMG_4056.jpg
    IMG_4056.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_4057.jpg
    IMG_4057.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 345
There's probably a joke about prison britches in there somewhere, or, old age!

But seriously, I feared reality on the softer springs in the rear would result in what you experienced. My concern with putting stiffer springs on the rear axel would totally alter its handling characteristics, since Jeep had to reduce the rear 10% and increase the front 20% just to keep it handling "similar" to the V6 Rubi...

We just got our 392 and I am afraid the suspension is not enough to tow our off road trailer. Does anyone know of a suspension kit with heavy duty springs?
Google "load equalizer hitch", that should level out you rig....

There's probably a joke about prison britches in there somewhere, or, old age!

But seriously, I feared reality on the softer springs in the rear would result in what you experienced. My concern with putting stiffer springs on the rear axel would totally alter its handling characteristics, since Jeep had to reduce the rear 10% and increase the front 20% just to keep it handling "similar" to the V6 Rubi...
Your better guess is old, much older than most in this forum. I understand it will handle differently. My 2018 Recon had AEV HC springs with a 4 1/2 lift. I drove much differently also. But we go off road and need a 2-3 inch lift with high capacity springs. Thanks

Google "load equalizer hitch", that should level out you rig....
An LE will reduce off road trailering as far as I know.

Last edited:
I work in the RV industry and deal with Weight Dist. every day. Its 2 fold on what it does and its intent is to keep the front of the truck from rasing up more than 1/2 inch so it doesnt create steering problems. Which is not affected by our vehicles much cause of the straight axle. Weight Dist. will slightly help the back of jeep from sagging. Its main design thou is to take tongue weight off the hitch from trying to break it off the jeep. 4 door JL's are rated for 350lb's of tongue weight so I would weigh your tongue weight on your trailer to make sure its in spec. Maybe slide some weight to the back.

I just ordered a 5k kit, high hopes 😃
Kit is installed and so far its good, just short road test. The install is not as easy as the videos seem to say it is. Those tiny hose clamps are a bear to put on and then attach to the top of air bags inside the spring under the load pads. My fingers are killing me.

Back