Rubicon 20th Anniversary Edition Discussion

Agreed! Many of these so called 2024 changes are solidifying my confidence with regards my 20A 392 order.

That said, it is my humble opinion that the red and black interior is not a good fit for all of the current/future exterior colors. Looks like the seat cover business is going to see a spike!
I’m in the same boat, will see if I can live with it when she arrives. But changing seats is relatively easy, it’s all the other stuff that goes along with it you gotta change; door handles, center console, steering wheel, dash insert, seat belts.

I need to get one of those wireless adapters. People say they work great.
For the most part, it works great. Maybe once a month it'll glitch when switching from my home wifi to the wifi on the adapter but I've learned that just turning off my Bluetooth and then turning it back on fixes it.

This is the one I have:

I had joined that FB group for a few days then left, too much noise for me. You do get some latest insider news sometimes.

Black and red seats just kill people like me. Mine has to be black on black. I don’t mind a red seat belt though.

I'm a tech pro and wireless car play, bigger screen or digital gauges are the last things I need in my Jeep lol. What's the point of having that if I need to keep my iPhone hardwired to the charger at all times anyways? All it does it introduces a delay to the interface. Wireless charging doesn't work for me as my iPhone overheats even without it, especially in places like CO or UT. I want my cars to be responsive and analog as much as possible, I've got enough software bugs and glitches to handle at work, don't need them in my Wrangler lol.
Yea different strokes for different folks. My phone is usually on the charger all night so I don't need to charge it for the 30-40 minute drive to work and then it's on the charger all day before I drove home at night. It's nice to have my android auto just kick on as soon as I start the Jeep. It gives me Google Maps right away and immediately turns on the podcast I was last listening to while in the car. For me it's awesome but I get it doesn't do much for some.

For the most part, it works great. Maybe once a month it'll glitch when switching from my home wifi to the wifi on the adapter but I've learned that just turning off my Bluetooth and then turning it back on fixes it.

This is the one I have:

I have it as well. Works great. Worth the money imho.

Every now and then there are some spots where there is signal interference and will drop the connection. For example, in my town, there is one particular intersection that causes it to drop the signal. I think it is a conflict with train/subway switching.

I also noticed that there is one stretch on i-65 for about 2 or 3 miles driving through some farmland in Indiana that causes it to drop a signal.

My 20A order just moved to D1 status - “Scheduled” as of 3/17. Got the email from Jeep Brand today.

Attachments

• 8B2F9E02-A850-487E-8625-6CA0691B6810.jpeg
    8B2F9E02-A850-487E-8625-6CA0691B6810.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 33
My 20A order just moved to D1 status - “Scheduled” as of 3/17. Got the email from Jeep Brand today.
Congrats!!! This is the first sign of progress on the 20As that I have seen. I assume there will be others to follow. What color if you don't mind sharing? This may have an impact on what is in the line.

Congrats!!! This is the first sign of progress on the 20As that I have seen. I assume there will be others to follow. What color if you don't mind sharing? This may have an impact on what is in the line.
Black. I also got the half doors with premium uppers.

Nice!!! Looks like Black is first of the line for the 20As!!! Mine is Sting-Gray.

Think these are the best colors for the red and black interior along with the Silver...

Probably thinking, “hurry up and get these out before they all want 2024s”, lol.

Probably thinking, “hurry up and get these out before they all want 2024s”, lol.
I would agree with the exception that the 20A is essentially the warm-up for the 2024's with different stickers, an analog dash an slightly smaller radio.

The verdict is still out on the HD axle which I belive won't be anything extraordinary. But don't listen to me if you ordered a 2024 without a final price!

I would agree with the exception that the 20A is essentially the warm-up for the 2024's with different stickers, an analog dash an slightly smaller radio.

The verdict is still out on the HD axle which I belive won't be anything extraordinary. But don't listen to me if you ordered a 2024 without a final price!
I have a 20A that I’m not sure I want. Waiting to see what the actual 2024 new stuff looks like (plus pricing).

I have a 20A that I’m not sure I want. Waiting to see what the actual 2024 new stuff looks like (plus pricing).
I’m sure it’s gonna be very very similar if not exactly the same as the 20A. I’m hoping for a little larger Uconnect but the Uconnect 5 does come in 8.4 I’m told. My red 21 392 already has red stitching and red seat belts done before the 20A was released. I’m don’t think I need more red in my interior and more glitches in my Uconnect. That being said , if it a bigger screen and vented seats ( which are only rumors for now) and the dash has radically changed then maybe I’ll tell my dealer to go ahead with my 24 build. We will find out April 5 at New York Auto Show

I stand by post #827 and feel the 20A will be the last of its kind in simplicity and hold the true value of the 392 Roots - Unless your buying one of these as a Daily Road Driver I see no reason to want more tech that remains unproven, unreliable and extremely glitchy with multiple ongoing issues - Thats the last thing I want in my new CRAWLER - My two cents ✌️

Last edited:
I stand by post #827 and feel the 20A will be the last of its kind in simplicity and hold the true value of the 392 Roots - Unless your buying one of these as a Daily Road Driver I see no reason to want more tech that remains unproven, unreliable and extremely glitchy with multiple ongoing issues - Thats the last thing I want in my new CRAWLER - My two cents ✌️
Well looks like Sting Gray is up as my 20A just went to D1 and is scheduled…

Attachments

• 9F963A63-5863-4F21-8318-B401C4328338.jpeg
    9F963A63-5863-4F21-8318-B401C4328338.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 20
Aaaaaaand, I’m D1. Lesson to everyone waiting on a build. If you want it built fast, question your purchase, lol. On a more serious note, I think you guys are right, the 20A is probably the right pick. That said, I really feel like the dealer needs to back off the ADM with what has transpired. Especially considering how bad Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler sales are going.

Well looks like Sting Gray is up as my 20A just went to D1 and is scheduled…
Yep! Sting gray here as well. Man this took three months on my 23 392. Sweet!

726EDC3E-DE9C-427E-8AC9-BC2D69974E31.jpeg

Back