Rubicon 20th Anniversary Edition Discussion

I'm not one to get too excited about wireless car play. The bigger screen could be nice. I don't know what the differences of UConnect 5 are. The "cabin noise reduction" just appears to be that they are now including the hardtop headliner at no cost. I am interested to see what the new dash cluster and seats look like.

It does give me pause on my 20A order, but I did order black to match my 2020 Gladiator (which I'm keeping). That way, the half doors I ordered should work with both vehicles. I don't need a bigger rear axel because if I'm towing, I'm using my Gladiator anyway.

Bummer on timing from Jeep. I'm waiting to see actual pictures of the new '24 before I make my final decision on which way I go.

100%

Digital Dash and a new larger screen = more stuff to break. TRX groups are forever complaining about issues with the larger screen. Just imagine after the first few interior rinsings/rains/beach trips etc???

Apple CarPlay = Don't use Apple due to their proprietary policies, so no issue!

I'm all in for the Dana 50/60 and factory Warn winch. But don't think this is a deal breaker for me and my 392 20A order. First, I don't plan on using my 20A for towing - there are better vehicles for that, and second, the winch is an easy aftermarket purchase/installation.

In conclusion, I agree that my 20A in Sting-Gray (color no longer avail in 2024) order might be the last example of an "old school" 392 with a few of the 2024 goodies, and yes, I am a huge fan of the analog gauges (I guess this means I am old!).
Fwiw it has wireless Android Auto too. It's an Android based system. I already have a wireless adapter that usually works well so not a huge issue.

Fwiw it has wireless Android Auto too. It's an Android based system. I already have a wireless adapter that usually works well so not a huge issue.
Copy... I was just giving my 2 cents about Apple CarPlay!

I need to get one of those wireless adapters. People say they work great.

I'm a tech pro and wireless car play, bigger screen or digital gauges are the last things I need in my Jeep lol. What's the point of having that if I need to keep my iPhone hardwired to the charger at all times anyways? All it does it introduces a delay to the interface. Wireless charging doesn't work for me as my iPhone overheats even without it, especially in places like CO or UT. I want my cars to be responsive and analog as much as possible, I've got enough software bugs and glitches to handle at work, don't need them in my Wrangler lol.

Last edited:
I'm a tech pro and wireless car play, bigger screen or digital gauges are the last things I need in my Jeep lol. What's the point of having that if I need to keep my iPhone hardwired to the charger at all times anyways? All it does it introduces a delay to the interface. Wireless charging doesn't work for me as my iPhone overheats even without it, especially in places like CO or UT. I want my cars to be responsive and analog as much as possible, I've got enough software bugs at glitches to handle at work, don't need them in my Wrangler lol.
You are a hoot man!!! I share your sentiment with the exception of the whole iPhone dilio!

I'm not one to get too excited about wireless car play. The bigger screen could be nice. I don't know what the differences of UConnect 5 are. The "cabin noise reduction" just appears to be that they are now including the hardtop headliner at no cost. I am interested to see what the new dash cluster and seats look like.

It does give me pause on my 20A order, but I did order black to match my 2020 Gladiator (which I'm keeping). That way, the half doors I ordered should work with both vehicles. I don't need a bigger rear axel because if I'm towing, I'm using my Gladiator anyway.

Bummer on timing from Jeep. I'm waiting to see actual pictures of the new '24 before I make my final decision on which way I go.
Here is what I can tell you about all of the new tech…I have a 2022 JGC WL74 2 Row Summit Reserve with the 5.7L Hemi that has all the bells and whistles / I ordered this vehicle in March of 2022 and took delivery in May of 2022 - Trust me, it has all of the high tech features that Stellantis Offers and while it’s truly been an awesome vehicle to date the Tech and UConnect 5 System can get quite glitchy at times and on occasion it behaves like it has a mind of its own. It generally settles down and I really can’t complain as it’s performed really well overall and has not required any Dealer Visits for this type of non-sense. That being said, My daily driver remains my 2011 JGC Limited 5.7L Hemi with 199K miles on it which runs like a champ - It’s has analogue gauges, etc. and really not much high tech at all. This has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned and easy to perform routine maintenance which is basically all it’s needed and has earned the name “ The Rock”!
In summary, My idea for MY 20A 392 is less tech is better and to truly have fun with it and explore places in this beautiful country the mall crawler cannot get to - Mine will not be used as a daily driver. I truly believe the more luxury tech they put in the 2024 will only take away from the 392’s roots and will definitely be more prone to tech issues. If your buying one of these 392’s as a daily driver then I might see opting for the 2024 however it’s still risky in my book as I want to keep my 392 out of the dealership’s shop searching for tech issues and glitches. Do a little research on the Tech in Jeeps WL platform and Grand Wagoner's and you will find a boat load of issues and complaints across the board while Stellantis continues to work through these test platforms with all the high tech features. The 2024 will be another 1st year test platform with unproven and potentially unreliable tech which is the last thing I want in this type of Crawler. Therefore, I am sticking with 20A and hope it’s built as good as the 2022’s. To each is own and only my two cents from experience with all of the New Stellantis Tech 🤞

I'm a tech pro and wireless car play, bigger screen or digital gauges are the last things I need in my Jeep lol. What's the point of having that if I need to keep my iPhone hardwired to the charger at all times anyways? All it does it introduces a delay to the interface. Wireless charging doesn't work for me as my iPhone overheats even without it, especially in places like CO or UT. I want my cars to be responsive and analog as much as possible, I've got enough software bugs and glitches to handle at work, don't need them in my Wrangler lol.
💯 Correct

Here is what I can tell you about all of the new tech…I have a 2022 JGC WL74 2 Row Summit Reserve with the 5.7L Hemi that has all the bells and whistles / I ordered this vehicle in March of 2022 and took delivery in May of 2022 - Trust me, it has all of the high tech features that Stellantis Offers and while it’s truly been an awesome vehicle to date the Tech and UConnect 5 System can get quite glitchy at times and on occasion it behaves like it has a mind of its own. It generally settles down and I really can’t complain as it’s performed really well overall and has not required any Dealer Visits for this type of non-sense. That being said, My daily driver remains my 2011 JGC Limited 5.7L Hemi with 199K miles on it which runs like a champ - It’s has analogue gauges, etc. and really not much high tech at all. This has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned and easy to perform routine maintenance which is basically all it’s needed and has earned the name “ The Rock”!
In summary, My idea for MY 20A 392 is less tech is better and to truly have fun with it and explore places in this beautiful country the mall crawler cannot get to - Mine will not be used as a daily driver. I truly believe the more luxury tech they put in the 2024 will only take away from the 392’s roots and will definitely be more prone to tech issues. If your buying one of these 392’s as a daily driver then I might see opting for the 2024 however it’s still risky in my book as I want to keep my 392 out of the dealership’s shop searching for tech issues and glitches. Do a little research on the Tech in Jeeps WL platform and Grand Wagoner's and you will find a boat load of issues and complaints across the board while Stellantis continues to work through these test platforms with all the high tech features. The 2024 will be another 1st year test platform with unproven and potentially unreliable tech which is the last thing I want in this type of Crawler. Therefore, I am sticking with 20A and hope it’s built as good as the 2022’s. To each is own and only my two cents from experience with all of the New Stellantis Tech 🤞
1,000%!!!

Took my 2010 out for a ride today. I still appreciate the simplicity of the JK. Crank up windows, manual door locks and cloth seats. It’s like putting on a well worn in hat, it just fits. I really miss my YJ. 😢 AC400796-7F33-4089-94A7-8523C9C8C508.png

Same approach here.

It may be that our love for old-school gauges and other things that are more simplistic (like our minds!) is directly proportional to the number of years we are above 40, but the more I think about it (and hear you guys echoing similar sentiments) the firmer my opinion is on keeping my 20A order.

Still want to see all the options offered on the ‘24 of course, but certainly not changing my 20A order anytime soon.

If I could have gotten that 20A 392 in GCM (which in my opinion, compliments the color scheme of the 20A the best of any color that Jeep has out there), there would be no question whatsoever in my decision to keep the 20A.

It may be that our love for old-school gauges and other things that are more simplistic (like our minds!) is directly proportional to the number of years we are above 40, but the more I think about it (and hear you guys echoing similar sentiments) the firmer my opinion is on keeping my 20A order.

Still want to see all the options offered on the ‘24 of course, but certainly not changing my 20A order anytime soon.

If I could have gotten that 20A 392 in GCM (which in my opinion, compliments the color scheme of the 20A the best of any color that Jeep has out there), there would be no question whatsoever in my decision to keep the 20A.
Similar to My Post # 763
“Same, as I really wanted the GCM as well - Makes no sense they only offered it on the electrified whimp and not on the 392 especially when that’s the color they originally unveiled awhile back when talking about the possibility of the 20A 392 offering that they were working on - Most likely they wanted those of us that preferred the GCM to go electric / NOT A CHANCE 🫤

Still sticking with my 20A - Less Tech and Glitches is better in my book especially with my recent experiences with the Highest Level of Stellantis Tech, Digital Screens, Etc.👍

I don’t even want to Tazzer my 22, one companies tech talking to another companies tech trying to fool it into doing something that wasn’t intended to do.

About GCM, I think most of the time it would look great with red seats/interior, but one of the great things about it (looks different depending on the light) might make it not great all the time. I remember mine looking like purple gray metallic in certain light. My mind’s memory of that hue is no bueno with red.

I might just embrace the red and switch the bronze stuff over to red (If I can track down a good decal person).

💯

Took my 2010 out for a ride today. I still appreciate the simplicity of the JK. Crank up windows, manual door locks and cloth seats. It’s like putting on a well worn in hat, it just fits. I really miss my YJ. 😢View attachment 19141
I love my TJ. Sometimes I wonder which one I enjoy most, my TJ or my 392, and I always come to the same conclusion...I enjoy the one I'm driving at the moment more.

About GCM, I think most of the time it would look great with red seats/interior, but one of the great things about it (looks different depending on the light) might make it not great all the time. I remember mine looking like purple gray metallic in certain light. My mind’s memory of that hue is no bueno with red.

I might just embrace the red and switch the bronze stuff over to red (If I can track down a good decal person).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230316_211941_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230316_211941_Facebook.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 41
Hmmm, it’s not like it’s difficult to get seat covers, but it’s odd they’ll all have red and black seats. It makes some sense on the 20A since the 10A had red seats, but I like the all black seats on the regular 392 way better.

Hmmm, it’s not like it’s difficult to get seat covers, but it’s odd they’ll all have red and black seats. It makes some sense on the 20A since the 10A had red seats, but I like the all black seats on the regular 392 way better.
Agreed! Many of these so called 2024 changes are solidifying my confidence with regards my 20A 392 order.

That said, it is my humble opinion that the red and black interior is not a good fit for all of the current/future exterior colors. Looks like the seat cover business is going to see a spike!

Back