Ravelco

BillJean2022

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
Wondering if anyone has installed the Lazfit after having Revelco installed. Looking to secure the hood and don't like any of the locking hood latches so I ordered the Lazfit and then decided to have the Revelco system installed.

I am opposite. I have the Revelco installed and looking to install the Lazfit but haven't ordered it yet.

Wondering if anyone has installed the Lazfit after having Revelco installed. Looking to secure the hood and don't like any of the locking hood latches so I ordered the Lazfit and then decided to have the Revelco system installed.
Good question. I only have the LasFit Stealth hood latch installed. Works well, lasts a long time, reviewed it.

I had originally wanted to have the Ravelco installed but there are no installers in my area so they offered to sell it to me directly for $439.95 + $24.95 shipping. So far I have been happy just pulling a fuse and then locking the hood with the LasFit. So I haven't bought the Ravelco yet. I may order the Ravelco eventually to simplify disabling my Jeep. But there other things higher on my list. Good luck!

The Ravelco system has already been installed and works good. I purchased the Lazfit prior but never got around to installing so now I'm not sure if it will interfere with the Ravelco. I have reached out to Ravelco so will see if they know.

Good question. I only have the LasFit Stealth hood latch installed. Works well, lasts a long time, reviewed it.

I had originally wanted to have the Ravelco installed but there are no installers in my area so they offered to sell it to me directly for $439.95 + $24.95 shipping. So far I have been happy just pulling a fuse and then locking the hood with the LasFit. So I haven't bought the Ravelco yet. I may order the Ravelco eventually to simplify disabling my Jeep. But there other things higher on my list. Good luck!
Thank you. Hopefully Ravelco will be able to answer it.

The Ravelco system has already been installed and works good. I purchased the Lazfit prior but never got around to installing so now I'm not sure if it will interfere with the Ravelco. I have reached out to Ravelco so will see if they know.
I can't see how they would interfere. I'm assuming by Lazfit you mean LasFit Stealth? The Lazfit Stealth uses the Controller Area Network (CAN bus) to let the Lazfit controller "talk" to the Jeep's computers and decide when to lock/unlock the hood. The Ravelco is directly hard wired (probably the starter and/or fuel pump) and doesn't "talk" to the Jeep's computers at all. The simplicity of the Ravelco is one of its selling point. It's basically an old-school kill switch with a unique plug. But I am going off what I have read about the Ravelco and not first had experience. See what they say but I can't see any reason they would interfere with one another.

I can't see how they would interfere. I'm assuming by Lazfit you mean LasFit Stealth? The Lazfit Stealth uses the Controller Area Network (CAN bus) to let the Lazfit controller "talk" to the Jeep's computers and decide when to lock/unlock the hood. The Ravelco is directly hard wired (probably the starter and/or fuel pump) and doesn't "talk" to the Jeep's computers at all. The simplicity of the Ravelco is one of its selling point. It's basically an old-school kill switch with a unique plug. But I am going off what I have read about the Ravelco and not first had experience. See what they say but I can't see any reason they would interfere with one another.
Thank you for the information. I suspect you are correct but I would just like to see if Ravelco can confirm. The Ravelco does kill the fuel pump, as you mentioned basically a "kill switch". Appreciate your input.

What fuse should I pull?

Thanks

Question for anyone w/ Ravelco system - if the plug stays in - can the factory remote start be used? (and then only disabled once the plug is pulled for "public parking" situations?)

Question for anyone w/ Ravelco system - if the plug stays in - can the factory remote start be used? (and then only disabled once the plug is pulled for "public parking" situations?)
Yes, the remote start works just fine if the plug is inserted.

What fuse should I pull?

Thanks
I pull F-02 the “starter” fuse. I glued a parcheesi piece to it to make it easy to pull.
0D29F0E9-04CB-4204-AB26-61164F3DA718.jpeg

Just to be clear I’m not a mechanic. I’m just a knucklehead tinkering in my rickety old garage. I don’t believe this has any negative impact on the vehicle other than possibly wearing out the F02 fuse contacts, which I don’t pull it that often so I am not concerned about that happening.

For testing I did try starting it without the F02 fuse installed and all that happens is it won’t start. I checked and found no fault codes generated or stored. So basically what I found is:
No F02 fuse = No Go
Hope that helps 😉👍

I pull F-02 the “starter” fuse. I glued a parcheesi piece to it to make it easy to pull.
View attachment 5742
Just to be clear I’m not a mechanic. I’m just a knucklehead tinkering in my rickety old garage. I don’t believe this has any negative impact on the vehicle other than possibly wearing out the F02 fuse contacts, which I don’t pull it that often so I am not concerned about that happening.

For testing I did try starting it without the F02 fuse installed and all that happens is it won’t start. I checked and found no fault codes generated or stored. So basically what I found is:
No F02 fuse = No Go
Hope that helps 😉👍
Thanks for the detailed description 😊.

That will be my route.

Back