Replacing stock 392 battery

Myrddin

Reaction score
Current Rides
Hey folks. My 2021 392 has a dead battery. I’ve tried to jump it, charge it, and it’s not taking anything. I pulled it out this morning and put it on my ctek (7002) and it’s acting like it’s charging. But I’m not so sure it’s going to work out in the end. I don’t have a way to load test, but I can take it to a parts store I guess. In my experience if the battery is low, the load test isint valid anyway.

Long story short. I k ow I’ll get some different responses. But what is the go to battery that’s an upgrade from stock? If my battery doesn’t take a charge, and I’m forced to replace… I’d like to put a battery in it that is fit for the 392.

Thoughts?

I saw a Youtube video from Lite Brite jeeping guys, video is called... Prepping an 800+ HP DEMOND JEEP for Easter Jeep Safari! They rave about the new Antigravity Batteries lithium with built-in emergency jump start, if battery were dead.
Talk about how light they are. And test cold weather issue? Say they are the latest and greatest and are putting them in all of their vehicles.

My ctek keeps going into error, so I know it’s shot. Looking around for a battery now. I see the following might work.

Odyssey​

Batteries Plus (premium batteries)

????

I saw a Youtube video from Lite Brite jeeping guys, video is called... Prepping an 800+ HP DEMOND JEEP for Easter Jeep Safari! They rave about the new Antigravity Batteries lithium with built-in emergency jump start, if battery were dead.
Talk about how light they are. And test cold weather issue? Say they are the latest and greatest and are putting them in all of their vehicles.
Man 1000 bucks for a battery is in deed a good Choice for the 392. But dang! I do t think I can do that.

Looks like a lot of the batteries don’t have a spot to mount the battery cleat. I don’t want to modify. I just want to drop it in and bolt it up.

I found this at a local parts store. But it says not comparable.

Odyssey Battery 94R-850 Group Size 94R 850 CCA

I think your battery is still under warranty. The battery in our 392s is of good quality, being and AGM. Replace it with an Odyssey AGM if no longer under warranty.

I think your battery is still under warranty. The battery in our 392s is of good quality, being and AGM. Replace it with an Odyssey AGM if no longer under warranty.
How would I know if it’s still u fee warranty? It’s a 2021

Man 1000 bucks for a battery is in deed a good Choice for the 392. But dang! I do t think I can do that.
That would take 25 years to pay for itself. Guessing it won't last that long.

I’m trying to see if the battery is covered under warranty. It might be. But it may be prorated. I might go get one of the Odssey batteries. Not sure if there is just the one or more that fit. I saw a post about the extreme version. Not having any clue if that’s an option, nor do I know if it’s better than the performance version. I’ll just go see.

Thoughts on warranty? Anyone know more about this.

Screenshot_20200413-095215_Drive.jpg

It's a weight savings thing. And built-in battery jump. Yes it is pricey.

Wondering if I should replace with the Odyssey and not look back. I guess if I can get a free battery I should go that route.
I would get a free battery if available. If not I know in the TJ world there is an AGM battery from a marine line that fits and has extra connections on the top for accessories.

Are those LiFePO4 batteries good to go in the engine compartment with a 392?

Alright folks. I’ll call my dealership in the morning. If they will not let me bring them the battery for replacement. I’ll just get an upgraded replacement and not mess with factory on this one. I’d love to have that 16 pound battery. But 1000 is a tough one for me to commit to for a battery. I think next best would be the Odyssey battery. I see lots for the h7 94r performance version. But I also read they have an extreme version. No idea if it would be same size. I’ll dig deeper if the dealership says no.

Appreciate the help!

Back