Problems with the 392 Rubicon

Is Sarge green like Dodge F8? The darker green with like a gold tint? I'd agree Granite's formula must be extremely touchy. Clearly they'll fix it I mean it's not just a little off it's alot off. I figure being in Chicagoland I have 6 months til I use them and at least I have her. Positive it will work out but I'm sure it will be a headache.
Yeah, like the Dodge F8, but not as Metallic...a little more opaque. Let us know what they do to fix this and I'll do the same.

Thanks. That is crazy that a serpentine belt can start chirping the second day of ownership.

thanks. As long as it chirps once at startup and then stops I guess it is okay. It sounds like it is tearing something up. I love the vehicle so far otherwise.
I've got around 3500 miles. It didn't start chirping until the first oil change. It still chirps while warming up. But it's a beautiful machine!

I hear that. Just got back from RubiTrux and they HAD a few 392 there but all were sold and 2 even had the Richard Petty Hemi upgrade...I think that kit added another 75ish HP!!! Rubi is going to do some installs I'm not equipped to handle. Got mine in Marion...right place at the right time at the right price and right color! Darn lucky IMO.
Nice , post some pics!

Has anyone had starting issues not related to the initial recall? First start of the day it starts as it should. Anytime after that it spins for quite awhile before starting. No issues with the way it runs...

No issue with subsequent starts in the same day. Let us know the outcome.

Has anyone had starting issues not related to the initial recall? First start of the day it starts as it should. Anytime after that it spins for quite awhile before starting. No issues with the way it runs...
No issues on my end. Any performance modifications?

I have my 392 for a month now and i have noticed the muffler is tilted to the right. I keep ignoring how it looks and told to myself that perhaps that it is okey. Until I realized that this jeep is so expensive and those folks (Jeep production) do not pay attention to something like this. The two exhaust pipes located at the left side are touching the frame. I have already brought it in to the dealership where i bought it. The service advisor told me that he had ordered the bracket that would correct the alignment (fit) of this muffler. So, for those folks who are still waiting for their order...pay attention to this potential muffler issue...

Attachments

• Jeep_Rubicon_392_Muffler.jpg
    Jeep_Rubicon_392_Muffler.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 217
Wow! Jeep QA strikes again! Regardless of the price, anyone should expect SOME level of QA and for employees to take a little pride in their trade. I get it, things are missed and anyone can have an off day - but things like this have become the norm and we're supposed to be okay with it...

I have my 392 for a month now and i have noticed the muffler is tilted to the right. I keep ignoring how it looks and told to myself that perhaps that it is okey. Until I realized that this jeep is so expensive and those folks (Jeep production) do not pay attention to something like this. The two exhaust pipes located at the left side are touching the frame. I have already brought it in to the dealership where i bought it. The service advisor told me that he had ordered the bracket that would correct the alignment (fit) of this muffler. So, for those folks who are still waiting for their order...pay attention to this potential muffler issue...

Can't you just loosen the bolt and adjust it yourself? Why do you need a new bracket? t.

I straightened mine myself loosening the brackets in front of the muffler and wiggling it until close to even. Then did the same on the tips. That being said, mine wasn’t as bad as yours to start

The guy that installs there only wears one shoe as they all seem to have this problem. Can be adjusted by the bolts.

Can't you just loosen the bolt and adjust it yourself? Why do you need a new bracket? t.
no i can't. the entire muffler has to go down. the tech had tried everything he could think off and he doesn't want to do some sort of yanking/bending....

no i can't. the entire muffler has to go down. the tech had tried everything he could think off and he doesn't want to do some sort of yanking/bending....
I did two things to mitigate the problem. I painted the rear portion of the muffler with high temperature flat black paint so it is less visible, then loosened the two bolts that are in front of the muffler; wrestled with the muffler until it was level with the ground; then retightened the bolts. Finally I loosened the flange bolts for each tailpipe and made minor adjustments to line them up level with the ground.
Black Muffler.jpeg
Solution.jpeg

I got my muffler issue resolved after one day at the dealership. The mechanic loosened the flanges and bolts which hold the connections starting from the catalyctic converter all the way to the muffler flange. He did some shaking and wiggling of the pipes until he gets some alignment of the pipes and the muffler at its leveled positioned and tightened it back. It worked.

Attachments

• Jeep_Rubicon_392_Muffler_Fixed.jpg
    Jeep_Rubicon_392_Muffler_Fixed.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 197
I got my muffler issue resolved after one day at the dealership. The mechanic loosened the flanges and bolts which hold the connections starting from the catalyctic converter all the way to the muffler flange. He did some shaking and wiggling of the pipes until he gets some alignment of the pipes and the muffler at its leveled positioned and tightened it back. It worked.
Looks like they did a great job!

HMMM Mine looks the same, will have to stop by my dealer today.

I had to do this the weekend I brought mine home. Was driving me nuts within the first day. I didn’t mind. Took about 20 minutes to complete.

This last week, the ABS and parking brake light have come on with a chime and flashes. Happens when I’m stopped. Intermittent, not every intersection and immediately goes away when I start driving.
experience tells me, a faulty sensor or bad connection.

anyone else have this issue yet?

Im not buying into the argument that it is just "a known problem on random 6.4 vehicles". We have a 2019 srt charger next door and they do not have any noises like this, I am not seeing many other publish their videos with this.
In regards to progress, I received an update today that it has been moved to engineering and I have a case manager assigned.
Link to another video below ffwd to 1:10 if you dont want to hear me talk. At times the squeeling is longer lasting and more pronounced, and it will come back within a few minutes of cooling off (just in time to show your friends and family your big squeeling p.o.s)

My GC SRT was the same way.
same sound, more prominent under carriage than motor bay.

I did two things to mitigate the problem. I painted the rear portion of the muffler with high temperature flat black paint so it is less visible, then loosened the two bolts that are in front of the muffler; wrestled with the muffler until it was level with the ground; then retightened the bolts. Finally I loosened the flange bolts for each tailpipe and made minor adjustments to line them up level with the ground.View attachment 2000View attachment 2001
How the heck do you get in and out of your Jeep?

Back